Reducing file sizes

Started by illdecide, May 13, 2009, 09:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Ladies/Gents i was at a wedding on Saturday and done a short video from my digital camera (2min 40sec approx), i took it off the camera and tried to email it and to my astonishment it was 43MB in size. I tried to compress and zip it and it reduced it by about 1.5MB ???

Surely a small video that length in time should be a lot less than 43MB. How can i reduce it folks
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

illdecide

Gnevin

Quote from: illdecide on May 13, 2009, 10:35:27 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on May 13, 2009, 09:49:17 AM
Put it on drop box

https://www.getdropbox.com/home

Is that bascially a storage box for files???
Pretty much ,it allows you too share files publicly or privately
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

illdecide

Is there no way to reduce the size of the file through some sort of software/website???

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gnevin

Quote from: illdecide on May 13, 2009, 10:45:20 AM
Is there no way to reduce the size of the file through some sort of software/website???
No video by it's very nature it very hard to compress. What file format is it in at the minute?

screenmachine

I think you can compress it using Windows Movie Maker.  Try googling compress video with windows movie maker and some nerd will probably have a step by step guide.  You would probably be quicker asking google to solve these techy issues rather than the gaaboard munchies... ;)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

illdecide

Quote from: Gnevin on May 13, 2009, 10:49:29 AM
Quote from: illdecide on May 13, 2009, 10:45:20 AM
No video by it's very nature it very hard to compress. What file format is it in at the minute?

It's an AVI Video file...

Folks from i downloaded that dropbox my outlook e-mail will only recieve mail and i cannot send email WTF is wrong???

SidelineKick

That must be the new virus thats about.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

illdecide

Quote from: SidelineKick on May 13, 2009, 12:02:53 PM
That must be the new virus thats about.

Stop you messing... lads this is my work email and i can't f**k it up...what should i do

SidelineKick

Did you uninstall the software first of all??
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

screenmachine

Tell your boss you installed software to reduce a video in size and you have released a virus into the system.  Make sure you begin and end the sentence with sorry.  He should understand...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Main Street

I get the feeling that this marriage is doomed, cursed by mere association.

gallsman

Google for a converter that will change it to a rmvb file, great compression levels.