MPs expenses

Started by Capt Pat, May 13, 2009, 02:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

Quote from: ziggysego on May 15, 2009, 01:23:00 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on May 15, 2009, 01:20:45 PM
Couldnt be bothered climbing through 7 pages of this to find out, but is someone here trying in some way justify some of these expense claims for these c***ts

Probably Roger ;)
:-[

Did you just see the word c**t in a post and think of me  >:(

:D

ziggysego

Quote from: Roger on May 15, 2009, 03:16:50 PM
Couldnt be bothered climbing through 7 pages of this to find out, but is someone here trying in some way justify some of these expense claims for these c***ts

Probably Roger ;)

Well what can I say, you've made an impression  ;)
Testing Accessibility

Onion Bag

Quote from: Roger on May 15, 2009, 03:16:50 PM

Probably Roger ;)

Nothing to do with you Roger, its them politicians, i was referring too
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

slow corner back

Sorry if this has already been covered but I just read in the paper that those Robinson c**ts ate £30,000 of food at the taxpayers expense last year, greedy f**king pigs!!!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

red hander

Quote from: slow corner back on May 15, 2009, 04:21:45 PM
Sorry if this has already been covered but I just read in the paper that those Robinson c**ts ate £30,000 of food at the taxpayers expense last year, greedy f**king pigs!!!

Nail on the head.  Slimy Pete came out with some oul guff that it equated to 'only' £78 a day for food (over 365 days, remember). 

1. If it was £78 a day for five days in London divided by 2, then you could just about get away with it, but these two sit in Stormont AND were still getting paid when that farce of a parliament was suspended.  They weren't in London five days a week, I'd say two days a week is nearer the mark.  Add in the generous holiday entitlement MPs get and that takes a big chunk outta the year.  Divide the £30,000 they got by the correct number of days and it is an absolute disgrace.

2. Why the f**k should we pay for the food of people earning £600k a year between them?

3. They are - especially her - walking skeletons... are you telling me they ate that amount of food? Balls...

Maguire01

Quote from: ziggysego on May 15, 2009, 02:31:05 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on May 15, 2009, 02:28:22 PM
Sinn Fein claiming for houses in London, and then they dont attend parliment, thats my point

They do Parliamentary work in London, just don't sit at Westminister.
How much though?

Michelle Gildernew, for example, claimed £352 in air fares in 2007/08 and £447 in 2006/07
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/michelle_gildernew/fermanagh_and_south_tyrone#expenses
Conor Murphy claimed £575 in airfares in 2007/08 and £1,266 in 2006/07
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/conor_murphy/newry_and_armagh#expenses

Now maybe they're being very good and not claiming for all their air fares. But if they are, they can't be going over to London more than a couple of times a year. If so, could they not just book a hotel for the night?

Maguire01

Quote from: red hander on May 15, 2009, 04:51:03 PM

Nail on the head.  Slimy Pete came out with some oul guff that it equated to 'only' £78 a day for food (over 365 days, remember). 

1. If it was £78 a day for five days in London divided by 2, then you could just about get away with it, but these two sit in Stormont AND were still getting paid when that farce of a parliament was suspended.  They weren't in London five days a week, I'd say two days a week is nearer the mark.  Add in the generous holiday entitlement MPs get and that takes a big chunk outta the year.  Divide the £30,000 they got by the correct number of days and it is an absolute disgrace.

2. Why the f**k should we pay for the food of people earning £600k a year between them?

3. They are - especially her - walking skeletons... are you telling me they ate that amount of food? Balls...
I think the maximum 'allowance' is £400/month for food. Receipts aren't required. They've just claimed the full amount by the look of it.

And yes, the £73 per week is a red herring. Firstly, is there not over 100 days in the year when parliment is on holiday? Secondly, as you have pointed out they also have jobs over here that they're paid for - again, surely limiting the time they have to spend in London.

Pangurban

Pigs and Troughs are the appropiate connections.

thebigfella

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 15, 2009, 05:15:06 PM
Quote from: red hander on May 15, 2009, 04:51:03 PM

I think the maximum 'allowance' is £400/month for food. Receipts aren't required. They've just claimed the full amount by the look of it.

And yes, the £73 per week is a red herring. Firstly, is there not over 100 days in the year when parliment is on holiday? Secondly, as you have pointed out they also have jobs over here that they're paid for - again, surely limiting the time they have to spend in London.

This is what fcuks me off, it's not an expense if you cannot justify the claim. They were treating it as some sort of per diem.

Roger

Quote from: ziggysego on May 15, 2009, 03:48:05 PM
Well what can I say, you've made an impression  ;)

Cheeky ballix  :P

Before all the others jump in, I am not a Robinson.

I eat a bit less than those starvos.  ;D

Donagh

Personally I couldn't give a f**k how much the Brit tax payer wastes on these slimballs, but no matter what else you might say against them, it's quite clear the SF MPs are the only ones who haven't milked this system for personal gain. Which is a pity, they'll need to do better if they want my vote next time out.  :-\

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Donagh on May 16, 2009, 12:46:06 AM
Personally I couldn't give a f**k how much the Brit tax payer wastes on these slimballs, but no matter what else you might say against them, it's quite clear the SF MPs are the only ones who haven't milked this system for personal gain. Which is a pity, they'll need to do better if they want my vote next time out.  :-\
Dont be ridiculous
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 16, 2009, 01:01:49 AM
Dont be ridiculous

Ridiculous? What's ridiculous is that anyone seems to have expected any different. All this proves is that the Brits are as corrupt as that banana republic south of the border. As far as I'm concerned if the Shinners aren't pocketing the cash for themselves, they should be jumping on that gravy train for their constituents. f**k sake we could stock the Waterworks with trout for a year on what Robinson pays to feed the Japanese fish in his pond. 

Doogie Browser

Anyone watching Lets Talk?  Typical collection of idiots in the audience which makes it worth watching,  Michael McGimpsey gave Gregory Campbell a fair touch about his expenses just after Gregory gave his sanctimonious take on things.  Mark Durkan looked a wee bit sheepish though, maybe he has something to hide too  ???