MPs expenses

Started by Capt Pat, May 13, 2009, 02:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Sinn Fein claiming for houses in London, and then they dont attend parliment, thats my point
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ziggysego

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 15, 2009, 02:28:22 PM
Sinn Fein claiming for houses in London, and then they dont attend parliment, thats my point

They do Parliamentary work in London, just don't sit at Westminister.
Testing Accessibility

Onion Bag

do they need second homes over there, i doubt it very much, yes they fly over now and again and talk shite, and come home again

glens abu

Quote from: ziggysego on May 15, 2009, 02:31:05 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on May 15, 2009, 02:28:22 PM

They do Parliamentary work in London, just don't sit at Westminister.

they also do have offices there and meet a lot with different pressure groups.

glens abu

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 15, 2009, 02:34:12 PM
do they need second homes over there, i doubt it very much, yes they fly over now and again and talk shite, and come home again

well you might think they talk shite thats your opinion,but people who vote for them want them to work on their behalf,also they are not second homes they are rented apartments.

Onion Bag

Maybe my problem is that, there doesnt seem to be f**k all done, it irritates the shite out of me, all they do is argue over this that and the other, and its costing a fortune,

Minder

The issue is not what they do in London but the fact that they are claiming rent for a property at three times its rental value, footed by the taxpayer.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Onion Bag

Quote from: glens abu on May 15, 2009, 02:37:32 PM

well you might think they talk shite thats your opinion,but people who vote for them want them to work on their behalf, also they are not second homes they are rented apartments.

Glens, i vote Sinn Fein and always have, but i can honestly say they have done nothing on my behalf, when they are round looking the vote, promising this that and the other, and to be honest delivered nothing. but i can tell you i wont be voting again, not for anyone,

glens abu

Quote from: Minder on May 15, 2009, 02:42:51 PM
The issue is not what they do in London but the fact that they are claiming rent for a property at three times its rental value, footed by the taxpayer.

so says the Telegraph. : ;D

Minder

Quote from: glens abu on May 15, 2009, 02:45:26 PM

Sinn Fein, to my knowledge, have not disputed this.

glens abu

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 15, 2009, 02:45:15 PM
Quote from: glens abu on May 15, 2009, 02:37:32 PM

well you might think they talk shite thats your opinion,but people who vote for them want them to work on their behalf, also they are not second homes they are rented apartments.

Glens, i vote Sinn Fein and always have, but i can honestly say they have done nothing on my behalf, when they are round looking the vote, promising this that and the other, and to be honest delivered nothing. but i can tell you i wont be voting again, not for anyone,

sorry to hear that onion but again thats democracy its your choice, but I also know the hard work that they do and know many people who they have helped,anyway talk to you on Monday away to do a bit of election work now for the auld Shinners.Slan    

Onion Bag

Glens to be honest i really do think you are going to have a problem convincing the guys here of these Expense Claims, everyone is just pissed off with politicians in general regardless of what party they come from. and it will be a long long time before we the general public trust them again thats if they can be trusted again,  only my opinion,

glens abu

Quote from: Minder on May 15, 2009, 02:48:19 PM

then your knowledge isnt as good as you think. ;)

Minder

Quote from: glens abu on May 15, 2009, 02:53:51 PM

You would think they would publicly dispute it then so their electorate are aware of it, maybe they have.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: glens abu on May 15, 2009, 02:53:51 PM

Where have they disputed it?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?