Denis Glennon

Started by The GAA, May 12, 2009, 11:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

DownFanatic

shark

Looking for expenses that he believes he is owed. Denis likes to throw the toys out of the pram once in a while. He won't be off the panel for long I'd imagine.

Onion Bag

I never heard about this, im assuming he has quit because he is owed money and he is not going to get it?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

The GAA

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 12, 2009, 02:50:10 PM
I never heard about this, im assuming he has quit because he is owed money and he is not going to get it?

Are you serious?

Onion Bag

INDIANA

he's an excellent player- but he's very difficult to handle. O Flaharta puts up with him because he has to. They have no chance of doing anything without him and Denis is well aware of that.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

cill_dara

:D was it ever in doubt once PC Plum got involved?! Big boost for westmeath, should get back to the football now!

Gold

Quote from: INDIANA on May 12, 2009, 04:33:02 PM
he's an excellent player- but he's very difficult to handle. O Flaharta puts up with him because he has to. They have no chance of doing anything without him and Denis is well aware of that.

why the f**k are some players like that--you dont hear much of it goin on in Armagh, Kerry or Tyrone etc but you do in Antrim and now Westmeath.

I was just speakin to a Westmeath Taxi Driver yesterday and i was saying that Glennon was some footballer but he said that he plays well for 30 seconds, scores a point then dissapears for 30 mins--he said he's rarely if ever seemed to try for a full game

Dissapointed to hear he often throws the toys out of the pram
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

shark

Quote from: Gold on May 13, 2009, 01:37:24 PM

why the f**k are some players like that--you dont hear much of it goin on in Armagh, Kerry or Tyrone etc but you do in Antrim and now Westmeath.

I was just speakin to a Westmeath Taxi Driver yesterday and i was saying that Glennon was some footballer but he said that he plays well for 30 seconds, scores a point then dissapears for 30 mins--he said he's rarely if ever seemed to try for a full game

I guess it's just the way the world is, not just sport.  Some people are idiots, most thankfully are not.  I would disagree with the taxi driver, Glennon is an outstanding footballer, and I can say this as someone who has played against him on numerous occasions.  But he likes to think of himself as some sort of Cristiano Ronaldo type figure.  He knows how good he is and really believes that he is more important than the team.  Every footballer within the county respects his footballing ability, but that's as far as it goes.

Onion Bag

Quote from: shark on May 13, 2009, 02:47:52 PM
Quote from: Gold on May 13, 2009, 01:37:24 PM

I guess it's just the way the world is, not just sport.  Some people are idiots, most thankfully are not.  I would disagree with the taxi driver, Glennon is an outstanding footballer, and I can say this as someone who has played against him on numerous occasions.  But he likes to think of himself as some sort of Cristiano Ronaldo type figure.  He knows how good he is and really believes that he is more important than the team.  Every footballer within the county respects his footballing ability, but that's as far as it goes.

And we all know what this p***k is like, the way he reacted last Sunday when he was being substituted, if i had been that guy holding his tracksuit top for him and he snapped it like that that and threw it away, i would have went up into the stand after him and hit him a slap in the mouth, cheeky bastard, he thinks hes God

orangeman

The expenses weren't long in getting sorted out.  ;)