Ulster Championship ticket prices

Started by THEREALGRASSROOTS, May 12, 2009, 11:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEREALGRASSROOTS

Just saw the ticket prices for the Ulster championship - £20 for a seated ticket isn't that bad, is it?
Jazz flute is for fairies

ogshead

its quite dear for a first round match IMO

timmyot501

I see a piece in todays paper claiming that Monaghan supporters will have to pay more than Derry fans for the game in Celtic park on Sunday week.  Monaghan fans will pay €25 to the seated stand whereas Derry fans pay £20 which works out about €22.50. There is a small difference too in the terraced area but its very small. 

johnneycool

Quote from: THEREALGRASSROOTS on May 12, 2009, 11:05:58 AM
Just saw the ticket prices for the Ulster championship - £20 for a seated ticket isn't that bad, is it?

I wonder will the hoors foist the same ticket price on the Ulster hurling championship and kill off and potential spectators?

T Fearon

Disgraceful, in these times, and no family tickets either apparently.

armagh leg-end

Quote from: johnneycool on May 12, 2009, 11:26:04 AM
Quote from: THEREALGRASSROOTS on May 12, 2009, 11:05:58 AM

I wonder will the hoors foist the same ticket price on the Ulster hurling championship and kill off and potential spectators?

wel it was 8 pund into armagh match on saturday against monaghan!

and there was still no-one at it!lol
Ard Mhacha Abu

Superstar

There are family tickets available, priced at £21 per adult and £5 per child
You have to order them and they are printed for you
If it wasnt for this auld knee injury...........

T Fearon

According to the Irish News, family tickets will not be available for all ticket games (eg Derry Monaghan, Armagh Tyrone), which smacks a bit of maximising income at the expense of nuturing future supporters etc

Rav67

Its hardly extortionate.  Granted its tough for those who unfortunately are unemployed at the moment but so is paying for anything beyond the essentials in those circumstances.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on May 12, 2009, 01:05:51 PM
According to the Irish News, family tickets will not be available for all ticket games (eg Derry Monaghan, Armagh Tyrone), which smacks a bit of maximising income at the expense of nuturing future supporters etc
You're reading a different version to me. There was a quote regarding family tickets from the Monaghan County Chairman regarding the Monaghan/Derry game. There's no reference to family tickets and the Tyrone/Armagh game.

Tyrone Dreamer

They said when announcing Tyrone Armagh was in Clones that there will be up to 10,000 family tickets available.

T Fearon

I would have assumed that the Armagh Tyrone game would have been all ticket, even at Clones. Club in the place where I live has notices in local shop windows already inviting applications for tickets from members and  warning members that not everyone is guaranteed a ticket and a ballot may have to be used. ???

Drumanee 1

Quote from: timmyot501 on May 12, 2009, 11:25:39 AM
I see a piece in todays paper claiming that Monaghan supporters will have to pay more than Derry fans for the game in Celtic park on Sunday week.  Monaghan fans will pay €25 to the seated stand whereas Derry fans pay £20 which works out about €22.50. There is a small difference too in the terraced area but its very small. 

it has been the other way round for us up here most years and we just had to accept it

armaghniac

QuoteDerry fans pay £20 which works out about €22.50.

If it was Cavan playing then they'd change the Euros into Sterling and keep the €2.

QuoteYou're reading a different version to me.

The people on the this Board are pretty interested in the GAA and involved in it, if we don't have a good understanding of the situation then it indicates that the GAA isn't getting a clear message out. People talk about the Grab All Association etc because the availability of things like family tickets is often confused.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Onion Bag

£20 for a seated ticket aint bad, i suppose stand tickets will be £12-£15
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!