D4S

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 11, 2009, 07:53:09 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 11, 2009, 07:18:56 PM
Ulster - Down
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Cork
Connacht - Galway

All Ireland - Kerry

That's 3 picking Down. Really amazes me even with the draw. Wouldn't have said they have a hope to be honest.

I have to admit the 16/1 for Down to win Ulster has tempted me.  IF they get by Fermanagh Sunday it would be Cavan in the Quarter Final, then the winners of Antrim + Donegal in the Semi.  Not the most difficult route to an Ulster Final by a long shot!  If they were to meet say Tyrone in Ulster Final for example they will have beaten Armagh + either of Derry or Monaghan just to get there.  The extra game could be a big factor though as we've heard before only Armagh (once) have won Ulster from the preliminary round in 70 years.  Might throw a tenner on them anyway just for a bit of value!

As for the other provinces, still think the Dubs will win Leinster (unless they see the benefits of the back door - as Tyrone 2005/2008).  Cork for Munster + Mayo for Connacht!

All Ireland - It's Cork's year!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

anportmorforjfc

Ulster - Winners of Armagh/Tyrone
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Cork
Connacht - Galway

All Ireland - Tyrone

wherefromreferee?

Ulster - Winners of Derry/Tyrone  ;)
Leinster - The Dubs
Munster - Kerry
Connacht - Galway

Sam - Winners of Derry/Tyrone  ;D
In your Endo!

pearseog

Quote from: ildanach on May 11, 2009, 02:42:09 PM
Quote from: pearseog on May 11, 2009, 02:21:03 PM
shows the strength of ulster football that there have been 6 or 7 different counties tipped to win it here.

it is probably more to do that armagh, tyrone, derry and monaghan are on the one side of the draw and therefore only one can win it from those teams! I went for Down. A final is a one off game and they  are on the easier side

even so no other province can say that there are 6 counties all capable of winning their provincial title.

AZOffaly

That's a moot point. Define capable. The Dubs are the best team in Leinster without a doubt, but if they have an off day or are caught early, then you could easily see Meath, Kildare, Laois, Westmeath or Wexford winning the title. Even the likes of Offaly and Louth would be sniffing around it. That probably makes 8 teams who would aim to win a Leinster at the start of the year at least. Longford, Carlow and Wicklow wouldn't fear many of them 8 either. Sure Longford beat Westmeath, and should have beaten Dublin recently, and Wicklow trimmed Kildare last year. I think Leinster as a province is reasonably entertaining and open, especially if the Dubs come back to us all a bit.

Whether any of them would do anything afterwards is another moot point.

Tatler Jack

QuoteAre you setting us up for a big fall by any chance TJ?

Not at all. I feel Mayo have a good chance, O'Mahony has got a good blend of experienced players and newcomers and he seems to be concentrating on the job this year. Provided that ye  can avoid Kerry in an AI I fancy Mayo.

45GoneShort

Ulster - Monaghan
Leinster - Dublin
Munster - Kerry
Connacht - Galway

All Ireland - Cork

ardmhachaabu

Ulster - Derry
Munster - Cork
Leinster - Kildare
Connacht - Mayo

All Ireland - Kerry
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

whiskeysteve

Ulster - Derry
Munster - Cork
Leinster - Kildare
Connacht - Galway

All Ireland - Tyrone
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

full back

Ulster - Tyrone
Leinster - Kildare
Munster - Cork
Connacht - Galway

All Ireland - Kerry

Croí na hÉireann

Ulster - Tyrone
Leinster - Westmeath (failing that the Dubs)
Munster - Kerry
Connacht - Galway

All Ireland - Kerry
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...