Ronan O'Gara stock rising on OWC!

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, May 08, 2009, 09:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Roscommon doesnt start immediately over the bridge -- as far as I'm aware in 1898 the then built up area west of the river was included in Westmeath when the new Co Councils were being set up.

As for Mr Ferris ...I thought all ye North(East) bucks could tell by the distance between the eyes  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Chrisowc

If Tony can't get a rise out of the prods he turns on the freestaters :D

Ever try therapy?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

T Fearon

You can usually tell by the name. Sean, Seamus, Eileen, Bernadette etc taig, Heather, Mervyn, Walter etc prod. If the christian name doesn't do it then the surname usually does

"Stephen Ferris" would not be a daily communicant or own rosary beads I would safely say ;D

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 08, 2009, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 08, 2009, 03:34:24 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on May 08, 2009, 03:00:27 PM
Quote from: Roger on May 08, 2009, 02:42:01 PM
Quote from: rossie mad on May 08, 2009, 02:28:20 PM
is the buccs ground not in roscommon?
It's in Athlone.

Is it the roscommon side or weastmeath side?

No roscommon side to Athlone, all Westmeath...

Across the bridge?

All Westmeath, notice the "Welcome to Roscommon" signs at the town limits when your leaving Athlone, heading to Roscommon town or Ballinasloe next time you're passing through...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: T Fearon on May 08, 2009, 04:10:44 PM
You can usually tell by the name. Sean, Seamus, Eileen, Bernadette etc taig, Heather, Mervyn, Walter etc prod. If the christian name doesn't do it then the surname usually does

"Stephen Ferris" would not be a daily communicant or own rosary beads I would safely say ;D
Actually, i know 2 Catholics called stephen ferris  :P
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Tonto

You can usually tell by the name.... Eileen... taig
I agree with the others, but Eileen?  I assume you're joking?

"Paisley relationship on the ropes as it transpires that Mrs Paisley is a tim."

???

nifan

Why because his name isnt catholic enough???  :D

Which bit is prod - stephen or ferris?

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 08, 2009, 04:18:09 PM
It's in Athlone.

Across the bridge?

All Westmeath, notice the "Welcome to Roscommon" signs at the town limits when your leaving Athlone, heading to Roscommon town or Ballinasloe next time you're passing through...

Really, I always thought the run down part of Athlone was in Roscommon, infact so did many people I know from Roscommon.

nifan

QuoteAn Irish Gymnast team cannot have the tricolour flown or national anthem played in Newry (an area that is 85% nationalist)

QuoteEg the Irish gymnastic team cannot even have the tricolour flown or national anthem  played in Newry (which is 80% nationalist)

These posts where mere hours apart.
At this rate there wont be any nationalists left in newry by chucking out time tonight.

Roger

Can't see why Stephen Ferris' background is relevant here unless he is not from Ireland and therefore ineligible for the IRFU and the state reception; or unless he had a canoe in his pocket too when he met the Queen.

thejuice

I went to school with a lad named Stephan Ferris and he was ordained a Catholic priest after he did his Leaving Cert.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DennistheMenace

His background shouldn't be relevant but we shouldn't be suprised people want to know given our locality, the religious denomination that someone belongs too is nearly always of interest to people here, especially in regards to 'celebrities'. Not that this makes it right of course.

Roger

Quote from: thejuice on May 08, 2009, 04:37:37 PM
I went to school with a lad named Stephan Ferris and he was ordained a Catholic priest after he did his Leaving Cert.
Well this one plays rugby, doesn't come across as religious in any shape or form, and has a rather tasty looking bird so it must be a different one.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on May 08, 2009, 04:27:28 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 08, 2009, 04:18:09 PM
It's in Athlone.

Across the bridge?

Really, I always thought the run down part of Athlone was in Roscommon, infact so did many people I know from Roscommon.

I'd say 95% of people think that
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Roger on May 08, 2009, 04:39:30 PM
Quote from: thejuice on May 08, 2009, 04:37:37 PM
Well this one plays rugby, doesn't come across as religious in any shape or form, and has a rather tasty looking bird so it must be a different one.

Lauren would get it alright, nice girl too.