Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

Full time score Carlow 1-13 Kerry 2-10 according to aertel

extra time being played.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Cosmo Kramer

Full time score in Newry

Mayo 0-13 Down 4-21

Down just over-ran Mayo in the second half with early goals after half time apparently.

Still a good run for Mayo in the CR with some useful young players coming through though.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Lecale2

I was nervous enough at half time but 3-6 without reply in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half settled the match if favour of Down.

The other semi final finished all square after extra time.

laoisgaa

I was at the Down v Mayo game - what a pity the second half was a totally one-sided affair. There were no signs of it in the first half. Great to see Mayo putting in so much work, but as was said on the board already the goals really killed them. Their manager quit after the game and I think Finnerty is gone as well. Some of the team are into their 30's and contemplating retirement also. what a pity their efforts weren't rewarded with a Ring medal.

By the way is there anyone who actually knows when the final will be played???

Lecale2

The final is fixed for 20th June but if Down beat Derry in the Ulster semi final it will be moved back to 11th July.

stevecw

Was at the Carlow/Kerry game. Exciting game as it was so close all the way, but we were shockingly poor. Its been a long time since i've seen Carlow play that bad. They battled well, and gave it everything and thats why we at least have a 2nd chance.
But honestly didn't expect us to be as poor. There wasn't one of the team who could be happy with the way they played bar our full back Shane Kavanagh.
The ball striking was terrible, for some reason the backs especially kept short passing to guys who were already surrounded instead of clearing long. And the forwards had a collective off day shooting some terrible wides.

Kerry to their credit were decent. In Brick, Dooley and their Tipp import Sweeney they have some fine hurlers.
But talking to a few of their supporters after, they were thrilled with the Kerry display. So to me that was good to hear as it shows they played probaby as good as they can, while Carlow most certainly can raise it a level or 2 above this.

Despite the replay being in Tralee, i'd fully expect us to have learned from Saturday and to win by a few points this time around.

Great win for Down in other semi, while i expected them to win i never thought it would be so comfortably.

Hopefully we can win on Saturday and set up what should be a cracking final which maybe RTE might even bother to show this year!

downgirl

Have RTE confirmed yet if they will or won't show the final?

johnneycool

Quote from: downgirl on June 09, 2009, 10:24:52 PM
Have RTE confirmed yet if they will or won't show the final?

In fairness to RTE how can they plan it into their schedule when the GAA don't even know when and where the final will be.

nothingbettertobeat

can anyone give me latest score in kerry carlow game???...cant find it anywhere online?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Lecale2

Carlow won 6-10 to 2-10

INDIANA

How are carlow not even in the leinster championship? Scandalous.

stevecw

Quote from: INDIANA on June 13, 2009, 09:21:47 PM
How are carlow not even in the leinster championship? Scandalous.

Its totally wrong for sure. As Christy Ring winners of last year we should have got promotion. But no, instaed we were made play v Laois in play off 6 days after winning CR Cup & our 8th weekend playing in a row. Celebrations, injuries, suspensions etc killed us.
But hopefully this year we can win final again this time v Down & then have a week or 2 off to be ready to play Laois or Antrim (who we already beat in league) im promotion/relegation play off.

Great win today, and on a dry day we were always going to win as i predicted a few posts up. Kerry played at their peak last week, while Carlow played badly. The day was horrible and really seemed to affect Carlow team more.

Glad to see they banged in 6 goals today, and won by 11 points. Just to prove that at CR level, they are probably the top team at the moment. Final v Down should be a great game.

INDIANA

I see in todays paper the relegation loser in the mc carthy cup is automatically relegated and the winner of the down v carlow game is promoted. Apparently the whole thing was mis-communicated and the change applies this year and not next year. Jesus wonder how westmeath feel now-because I know thye didn't bother their arse this year because there was suposedly no promotion.

slow corner back

Is that serious Indiana? Puts some sweat on Antrim and Laois if that is the case. To be honest I kinda had a fancy for whoever came out of Down V Carlow to win the playoff this year if they had a full team and a decent schedule. Carlow were fit for Antrim in the league and when Down get the full team out they are normally pretty close to Antrim. The team coming out of the Liam McCarthy is on a downer after three defeats so I fancied the winning team to continue. Anyway by the sound of things that is bye the bye.

INDIANA

No playoff . Whoever wins the christy ring- goes straight up. Think thats fairer myself.