Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

I know some Utd fans are pissed right now, but as a Liverpool fan if we repeat your season next year we won't shut up for years...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

supersub

Quote from: Minder on May 27, 2009, 09:47:29 PM
Martin Tyler just said Ferguson is "always dignified in defeat".............On the glue i doubt

bullsh1te! makes the most excuses ever! dont see what he could say but accept it this evening though!

Doogie Browser

Barcelona are more than a club and all soccer supporters will recognise that as a club they have no equals.  They play the game the right way, they do not whore their jersey to the highest bidder, they stand for all that is good about the game.  I am delighted they have won and am still in awe at their display.

Bogball XV

A few punters were well off the mark with their predictions in the first few pages of this thread - not being one to gloat or nuffin ;)

Delighted to see this, the amount of shite that's been written about the brilliance of the premiership (yeah, they're solid, but who can watch most of the shite they produce) and how Man Utd were going to win this easily (i was surprised by this, but it was a feeling that seemed to develop over the past week).  
Great to see Messi do the biz too, we might not hear as much about his never having scored against an english team now too?
I'm also glad that the fallacy about Utd having the world's bestest ever squad has been put to bed now too.

quit yo jibbajabba

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

you fcukin beauty;

this is for all the manc w*nks who continually hijacked the liverpool thread all season with their sh1te;

not so nice now lads; suck it up. suck it up

Doogie Browser

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 27, 2009, 09:58:33 PM

you fcukin beauty;

this is for all the manc w*nks who continually hijacked the liverpool thread all season with their sh1te;

One thread is enough for your grace

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

quit yo jibbajabba

try 3 doogie

not for all you mancs; just the tw*ts always sh1te stirrin on the pool thread;

sralex has given me enough enjoyment; away to watch srallen

corn02

I'll try and post without rubbing it in. I am delighted, as I am anytime United lose, but i'll try to remain impartial.

I have never, ever seen United outplayed like that in my life. Liverpool winning 4-1 was more a case of taking their chances, but this was a different level. United never looked up for it, which was a massive surprise.

Evra mouthing off about being the world's best left-back was an accident waiting to happen, was at fault for two goals.

VDS poor for the first goal, but he kept yous in it.

O'Shea steady enough, Henry at full tilt would have skinned him but he didn't look interested.

Rio and especially Vidic had shockers for me. The Serbian is not as infalliable as people think.

Evra had one of his worst days in a United shirt.

Park was amongst your best. He didn;t do much and should have scored in the second minute. But he certainly made more interceptions that most and cut out numerous attacks.

Anderson - brutal

Carrick - a torrid end to a torrid second half of the season.

Giggs - even worse

Ronney - Shocking. I enjoy watching him play football thropugh begrudging eyes. But it never clicked. Lost possession more times tonight that he probably did the whole season.

Ronaldo - not in Messi's class but still your best threat, unlucky a few times.

Ferguson played a mjor role in this loss. Despite my protestings in the Pool thread I still think Tevez is uinreal - hge should have started. You cant expect a player to come off the bench and automatically change the game, it is asking a lot.
Why didn't he spoil the midfield? That's how you play against Barca, push play further up the field by crowding and pressurise the defence. The Barca defenders had a shocking amount of space tonight, serious pressing and they may have crumbled.

Valdes has little to do. Was Ronaldo's free the only shot on target?
Slyvinhio and Puyol were poor in the first half but they owned the second period.
Toure was dodgy at the start but steadied. Pique (sp?) was brilliant.
Henry, as stated, was dire, Eto'o was decent but drifted.
Xavi and Iniesta are genius personified. Everyone will talk about Messi but Iniesta was sensational.

Messi is the best player in the world.

United wil lregroup no problem, still a very good season - just no spark tonight.

5 Sams

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 27, 2009, 09:48:40 PM
United have took their oil anyway, Ronaldo gracious enough there.

Berlusconi just after asking William for Kate Middleton's number.

V Good Doogie...only laugh I have had tonight.

Best team won by a mile.
The Aristocrat Years

corn02

And another thing, I have gotten about 10 joke texts already (Most by ONL trying to make out he is not a United fan), but regardless if you are on the receiving end or on the right end of these texts, they are never funny. They are always poor jokes!

Square Ball

you have to hold your hands up and say the better team won, end of story, they did.

shit happens. sad but life goes on
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Capt Pat

Quote from: deiseach on May 27, 2009, 05:45:59 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 27, 2009, 05:42:51 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 27, 2009, 05:18:25 PM
and Arsenal twice in the semis...

You get my drfit though, they always win against teams in the bottom half of the table but are not nearly as effective against the better teams. Everton in league and cup have got results against United as well as Villa. I do not know if United will have the quality on a big pitch in Rome in a showcase final where the ref will not let them rough up the oppositon players premier league style to get the ball off Barcelona and make chances for the second best Portuguese speaking player in Manchester or Messis understudy on the Argentine team to score. Uniteds only hope is if Rooney catches fire and scores a couple of individual efforts.

We get your drift, and you are wrong. Barcelona won a league whose second best team got utterly stuffed by the second best team in Man Utd's league. As Norf Tyrone says, WUM.

It turns out I was right by a country mile and to be quite frank I am not surprised. It wasn't even close.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 27, 2009, 09:58:33 PM

you fcukin beauty;

they still won more than us  ???