Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Unfortunately for Man Utd Barcelona are not Stoke or Hull and the winner will probably be Barcelona. That is why Man Utd finished ahead of Liverpool, because they got results against teams like these all the time. They did not fare as well against teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City ie teams with a bit of quality. They lost half the games against these team and none are as good as Barcelona in my opinion.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 27, 2009, 05:08:16 PM
Unfortunately for Man Utd Barcelona are not Stoke or Hull and the winner will probably be Barcelona. That is why Man Utd finished ahead of Liverpool, because they got results against teams like these all the time. They did not fare as well against teams like Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City ie teams with a bit of quality. They lost half the games against these team and none are as good as Barcelona in my opinion.

Totally agree... except they beat Chelsea. WUM.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

longrunsthefox

The Watcher Pat

Barcelona 2   Messi, Henry
Man u 1  Ronaldo

Then all 3 of my bets will be up

Ronaldo and messi both score 15/1
Messi first goal   7/1
Barcelona win 2-1 17/2

Fiver on each

Now I will be happy with that!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Minder

Barcelona 1 (Messi 67)  Man Utd 2 (Ronaldo 90+6 (Pen) (Ronaldo 90+8 (Pen)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 27, 2009, 05:18:25 PM
and Arsenal twice in the semis...

You get my drfit though, they always win against teams in the bottom half of the table but are not nearly as effective against the better teams. Everton in league and cup have got results against United as well as Villa. I do not know if United will have the quality on a big pitch in Rome in a showcase final where the ref will not let them rough up the oppositon players premier league style to get the ball off Barcelona and make chances for the second best Portuguese speaking player in Manchester or Messis understudy on the Argentine team to score. Uniteds only hope is if Rooney catches fire and scores a couple of individual efforts.

deiseach

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 27, 2009, 05:42:51 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 27, 2009, 05:18:25 PM
and Arsenal twice in the semis...

You get my drfit though, they always win against teams in the bottom half of the table but are not nearly as effective against the better teams. Everton in league and cup have got results against United as well as Villa. I do not know if United will have the quality on a big pitch in Rome in a showcase final where the ref will not let them rough up the oppositon players premier league style to get the ball off Barcelona and make chances for the second best Portuguese speaking player in Manchester or Messis understudy on the Argentine team to score. Uniteds only hope is if Rooney catches fire and scores a couple of individual efforts.

We get your drift, and you are wrong. Barcelona won a league whose second best team got utterly stuffed by the second best team in Man Utd's league. As Norf Tyrone says, WUM.

longrunsthefox

Hope UTD they get stuffed but Barcelona didn't set the world on fire against Chelsea. Is an intriguing prospect and hopefully won't be a penalty kick competition to decide it. Totally demeans a cup final win tho didn't mind when Everton beat them in FA cup semi-final and of course is great craic when England lose.

full back

EC Unique

longrunsthefox

ONeill

Barca 9 (Henry 3, 17, 54, Silvinho 31, 34, 35, Toure 36, 57, 90)
Utd 0
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.