Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I would say Ferguson will have some input into whether they keep him or not and has said that they wont be paying the fee his advisers want.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Our Nail Loney

9/5 on both Barca and United in Tommy French Bookies in Lurgan if youse fancy a better price...

Have to go with United on this one myself...

2-1 United

Ronaldo, Carrick then Eto'o scoring

Our Nail Loney

Anyone fancy Barca, we have just upped our price to 15/8 on them now... All you Lurgan lads lump on

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: full back on May 26, 2009, 11:26:28 AM
Dont think it will be the classic that some say it will be
Utd will play it cagey & hit them on the break.

The Barca midfield is superior to Utd's so Utd will be more concerned about not giving them time & space to get quality ball into the Messi, Henry & Eto

I think it'll be a borefest. 

I'd like to see United win but I've a feeling barca will take it, 2-1. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Minder on May 26, 2009, 07:18:13 PM
ONL are they both still 5/6 outright with Ladbrokes?

yeah thats Ladbrokes prices, we have them both 10/11 though outright, and we take those prices from Stan James... Think we will have to put ours up to evens though as the ones down the street have them at that...

Norf Tyrone

I think United will win 2-0. I seen nothing from Barcelona that suggests that they have the attributes needed to win a EC, bar a shed load of luck.

I also believe that Fergie will out fox the inexperience of Guardiola.

Anyhow.... I'll be watching Holby City.  :'(
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 26, 2009, 11:48:08 PM
I think United will win 2-0. I seen nothing from Barcelona that suggests that they have the attributes needed to win a EC, bar a shed load of luck.

I also believe that Fergie will out fox the inexperience of Guardiola.

Anyhow.... I'll be watching Holby City.  :'(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOf3s70w-c

supersub

anyone watch the build up programme tonight on itv about the match? seemd to hype up messi and ronaldo a lot. hope it doesn't dissapoint!

A Quinn Martin Production

I'll be tuning in at 7:44pm...can't stand all the pre match shite
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on May 26, 2009, 07:33:58 PM
Quote from: Minder on May 26, 2009, 07:18:13 PM
ONL are they both still 5/6 outright with Ladbrokes?

yeah thats Ladbrokes prices, we have them both 10/11 though outright, and we take those prices from Stan James... Think we will have to put ours up to evens though as the ones down the street have them at that...

Put both at evens? Leaving nothing for yourselves? Think I might have a bet on United. I'm loath to say it but I fancy them strongly.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

magpie seanie

Quote from: supersub on May 27, 2009, 01:35:42 AM
anyone watch the build up programme tonight on itv about the match? seemd to hype up messi and ronaldo a lot. hope it doesn't dissapoint!

The whole thing was terrible. Gray and Redknapp may not be morons but they did a fierce good impression of two last night.

Billys Boots

QuoteTo read stuff here about Barca´s  rubbish defense is mind boggling  Last time both teams  played each other,  Man U were overly defensive  and won by a goal. The so called best team in the world from the so called best league, going out on the field of play  very cautiously against a team with a so called rubbish defense
not mention Chelsea´s negative gameplan

Barca's defence isn't rubbish, it's just not at the standard required at this level.  Puyol is old and has lost his pace, Marquez is a converted midfielder, low on confidence and Pique has returned to Barcelona after a period in a game (England) that didn't suit him.  Abidal is a good fullback who keeps Evra out of the French national team, and Alvez is an attacking left back in the Brazilian tradition.  They've conceded 34 goals in 37 games in La Liga, Utd (arguably in a stronger, more attack-minded league) have conceded 24 in 38 (including the April blip). [As an aside, Chelsea conceded 24 and Liverpool 27.]  Barcelona won La Liga because they were able to nullify threats to their defence by winning and keeping possession in midfield - the UEFA stats for this years tournament show Barca topping for possession (62% average, while Utd are down the table with 54%), you can imagine it's even higher in La Liga.  In the same stats, Barca come highest for goals scored, Utd come top for least goals conceded (Barca are down the order a bit).  Chelsea were unlucky not to beat them (though no-one was sorry they didn't because of the way they went about it), but it's clear that when facing an accomplished defence, Barca will struggle.  In fact, their main threat against Chelsea was Alvez's crosses (which is an English, rather than a continental tactic).  I've been trying to imagine a way that Barca can beat Utd, but I can't find it - Utd's power is in moving quickly forward in possession, Barca don't have the armoury in midfield or defence to contain that, especially in a 4-3-3 setup.  They (Barca) are very good to watch when they have the ball - however, I don't think they'll win tonight.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years