Champions League Final 2009: Manchester United vs Barcelona.Wed 27th May. Rome.

Started by EC Unique, May 05, 2009, 09:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Schkite

Think Barca are the designated home team so will wear their home kit.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: stiffler on May 06, 2009, 10:37:29 PM
Quote from: gorm agus bui on May 06, 2009, 10:34:20 PM
Best two sides in Europe by a country mile. The rest are playing catch up. Look forward to a feast of football in Rome. Have my ticket sorted. Cannot wait.  ;)

Not sure about that, each of uniteds games in europe this year have been pure keek to watch.

Green eyed monster continues to eat away at the bridesmaids!!

Bogball XV

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 06, 2009, 10:40:42 PM
United will cream Barca in the final. Too many attacking threats, and a solid defence. Barcelona won't be able to handle them. I think it'll be comfortable. 3-1 or 3-0 United.
you'd get nice odds with the books for that, for what it's worth i think you're totally off the mark, but sure they're just opinions at this stage.  I think the game will be similar to tonights, Barce will have all the play, Utd will defend deep and try and hit on the break, they've more up front than Chelsea right enough, but their back nine aren't as solid, so Barce should find a way through, Henry will also add a lot (I know he played last week) and Puyol will be a big addition, but Alves for all his poor crossing tonight will be a massive loss.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Bogball XV on May 06, 2009, 11:49:44 PM
United will cream Barca in the final. Too many attacking threats, and a solid defence. Barcelona won't be able to handle them. I think it'll be comfortable. 3-1 or 3-0 United.
you'd get nice odds with the books for that, for what it's worth i think you're totally off the mark, but sure they're just opinions at this stage.  I think the game will be similar to tonights, Barce will have all the play, Utd will defend deep and try and hit on the break, they've more up front than Chelsea right enough, but their back nine aren't as solid, so Barce should find a way through, Henry will also add a lot (I know he played last week) and Puyol will be a big addition, but Alves for all his poor crossing tonight will be a massive loss.
I disagree, he was poor in both games against Chelsea, Malouda had prob his two best games for Chelsea on Alves.  I said it after last weeks game also, Alves is an awful whinger, did you see the look of disdain he gave Eto'o tonight when another cross landed on the roof of the stand?  Said it all about his team ethic I thought.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 06, 2009, 11:56:31 PMI disagree, he was poor in both games against Chelsea, Malouda had prob his two best games for Chelsea on Alves.  I said it after last weeks game also, Alves is an awful whinger, did you see the look of disdain he gave Eto'o tonight when another cross landed on the roof of the stand?  Said it all about his team ethic I thought.
Agree that he his end product was poor in both games, but he's looked fantastic for them in virtually every other game - as for giving eto'o a look of disdain, i'm not sure that all is well with eto'o and the rest of the squad - he wasn't exactly a team player himself last season, and these things aren't forgotten quickly.
Barce are 9/10 favs, with Man Utd 11/10 - both to lift the trophy.

Doogie Browser

Bogball XV

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 07, 2009, 12:07:38 AM
United will win this trophy, get on now at 11/10
Maybe, bookies are looking at massive losses on Barca apparently which is why they're favs.  Personally, I'd rather see Barca win and think they'll manage a goal at least, so on that basis, I'll swerve (though secretly, I think they'll give Man Utd a trouncing - just not going to broadcast it over tinternet).

Tony Baloney

Hound

Barca will have about 60% possession but won't score. Rooney and Ronaldo will make mincemeat of the rubbish Barca defence on the break and United will look like scoring at every set piece. Despite being totally outclassed in midfield, United will win comfortably, by a 2 goal margin.

wherefromreferee?

Any word on iniesta or henry?  Radio said this morning they were both very doubtful.  Mind games?
In your Endo!

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Hound on May 07, 2009, 08:01:50 AM
Barca will have about 60% possession but won't score. Rooney and Ronaldo will make mincemeat of the rubbish Barca defence on the break and United will look like scoring at every set piece. Despite being totally outclassed in midfield, United will win comfortably, by a 2 goal margin.

You'll get 20/1 for Man Utd to win 3-1
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

wherefromreferee?

Can't wait.  Hoping for a great game with the right result.  Hopefully the referee won't ruin it the way he did in the Barca semi final.  Thursday at work could be another long day  8)
In your Endo!

Billys Boots

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 06, 2009, 11:56:31 PM
Quote from: Bogball XV on May 06, 2009, 11:49:44 PM
I disagree, he was poor in both games against Chelsea, Malouda had prob his two best games for Chelsea on Alves.  I said it after last weeks game also, Alves is an awful whinger, did you see the look of disdain he gave Eto'o tonight when another cross landed on the roof of the stand?  Said it all about his team ethic I thought.

I agree with AZ, I think Utd will win it handily - I don't really understand why the bookies don't agree (they're usually pragmatic about these things).  I'd agree that Barcelona will own the ball in the middle, and who knows what could happen if they score early.  But the majority of their goals (that I've seen anyway) seem to hinge on getting the ball forward quickly to Messi/Henry - I don't see that happening against Utd (for much the same reasons as it didn't happen against Chelsea).  They are not good at the back, and their midfield, for all its talent, does not protect the back four like they need to against an 'English' side.  Chelsea (in the second leg) had just over 30% (yes 30%) possession, and yet created 4 decent chances (while Barcelona created 1 with nearly 70% possession).  Granted, Utd don't have Chelsea's midfield, but they will 'get at' Barcelona's failings mercilessly - it could be a rout.  I'll go with 3-0, though I'd love to see a classic. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Massey-135

I don't think we will win it easy but I hope we do. The nerves can't hack another handlin like 99. Barca won't be a push over so I would be happy with a wee 1-0 win. Who is offering the 20-1 for the 3-1 victory?