Tesco response to St Comgalls GAA discrimination

Started by ArmaghGAAforum, May 01, 2009, 09:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmaghGAAforum

I was telephoned today by tesco requesting to forward me a copy of a statement they will be forwarding to the GAA in response to the news in the media this week. They have given me permission to display the statement at armaghgaa.info

You can read a complete copy of the statement here http://armaghgaa.info/forum/f11/tesco-response-st-comgalls-gaelic-athletic-association-discrimination-140/

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ArmaghGAAforum on May 01, 2009, 09:49:51 PM
I was telephoned today by tesco requesting to forward me a copy of a statement they will be forwarding to the GAA in response to the news in the media this week. They have given me permission to display the statement at armaghgaa.info

You can read a complete copy of the statement here http://armaghgaa.info/forum/f11/tesco-response-st-comgalls-gaelic-athletic-association-discrimination-140/
Doesn't need another thread. One already here and one in general.

ArmaghGAAforum

I believed an additional thread was needed to debate the response, I guess when 2 is acceptable then a 3rd will do no harm....

mournerambler

Tony Baloney, in my opinion the Tesco response does justify having another thread.
I think Tesco are now digging themselves into another hole by banning all sporting regalia, why do they not grow a set of balls & stand up to the biggots instead of being bullied by 'orange mob rule', we in the nationalist community have been subject to this from loyalists/unionists for far too long.

shaneo

I think the mind set of loyalist elitism will always shine through when it is all boiled down.  I doubt there would be the same outcry if there was the wearing of Soccer, Rugby or Hockey shirts.
You'll also see the same comparison between the Poppy and Easter Lilly.
We must be reminded of our place in this society and that is in reality we are still second class! :(
"There's only one Peter Canavan"

longrunsthefox

No we are not. There are those would like to return us to being second class citizens like these backwoods people in Antrim but those days are over.

mournerambler

Quote from: shaneo on May 01, 2009, 11:10:12 PM
I think the mind set of loyalist elitism will always shine through when it is all boiled down.  I doubt there would be the same outcry if there was the wearing of Soccer, Rugby or Hockey shirts.
We must be reminded of our place in this society and that is in reality we are still second class! :(
Are we fcuk second class, don't ever let anyone tell you or even think yourself for one minute that the nationalist community are second class & if people like yourself believe this & post it on an internet forum then the biggots from the loyalist community will be very glad to hear it.

shaneo

Quote from: mournerambler on May 01, 2009, 11:17:31 PM
Are we fcuk second class, don't ever let anyone tell you or even think yourself for one minute that the nationalist community are second class & if people like yourself believe this & post it on an internet forum then the biggots from the loyalist community will be very glad to hear it.

Maybe we can bury our heads in the sand.  But the reality is out Nationalist politicians jump to the Queen's Shilling.  Money earmarked for the Irish Language redirected to an non-existant  Ulster Scottish and our Irish Language champions kept as quiet as mice.  I could go on all night of many such incidents, but what's the point!

longrunsthefox

Shaneo -if you want to consider yourself a second class citizen don't let us stand in your way  :P

mournerambler

Quote from: shaneo on May 01, 2009, 11:36:29 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on May 01, 2009, 11:17:31 PM

Maybe we can bury our heads in the sand.  But the reality is out Nationalist politicians jump to the Queen's Shilling.  Money earmarked for the Irish Language redirected to an non-existant  Ulster Scottish and our Irish Language champions kept as quiet as mice.  I could go on all night of many such incidents, but what's the point!
Go on ahead & name all such incidents, but don't label me as a nationalist, a second class citizen.

shaneo

As I said, what's the point!  Even SF and SDLP acknowledge equality is a long way off.  I'll add that both SF and SDLP went on a ticket of anti secondary illegal water charges.  Remember, we already pay for water in our rates!  But now Conor Murphy of the SF is paying a company many tens of thousands of Queen's shillings to how best go about implementing these illegal charges on the people.  How does equality to be delivered with such weak leadership.  We still live in a loyalist controlled state whether we like it or not.

longrunsthefox

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

armaghniac

QuoteMove to Antrim town for a year.

It might be a move up, if you came from Larne.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mournerambler

Quote from: shaneo on May 02, 2009, 12:06:50 AM
As I said, what's the point!  Even SF and SDLP acknowledge equality is a long way off.  I'll add that both SF and SDLP went on a ticket of anti secondary illegal water charges.  Remember, we already pay for water in our rates!  But now Conor Murphy of the SF is paying a company many tens of thousands of Queen's shillings to how best go about implementing these illegal charges on the people.  How does equality to be delivered with such weak leadership.  We still live in a loyalist controlled state whether we like it or not.
Bulls_it shaneo, if your going to make statements like that at least have hard evidence to back them up, i'll give you some examples of why we are not loyalist controlled;

Minister for education: Catriona Ruane (sinn fein)
Minister for regional development: Conor Murphy (sinn fein)
Minister for agriculture: Michelle Gildernue (sinn fein)
Minister for social development: Margaret Ritchie (sdlp)
Deputy first minister: Martin McGuinness (sinn fein)

This would hardly be classed as a loyalist controlled state!