Tesco response to St Comgalls GAA discrimination

Started by ArmaghGAAforum, May 01, 2009, 09:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Maybe you have a point there. Shaneo, where are you from? Sounds like it is legislation-politics is what you are on about rather than living in a sectarian sh** hole.    

mournerambler

Quote from: hardstation on May 02, 2009, 12:16:28 AM
Shaneo isn't far off the mark, as regards 2nd class, in Antrim town. It's very easy to say "Fcuk off, I'm not 2nd class". Move to Antrim town for a year.
If you had read what he said, he wasn't saying nationalist's were second class citizen's in Antrim town, he was saying nationalist's were second class citizen's in society, ie:the north of Ireland.

mournerambler

Quote from: hardstation on May 02, 2009, 12:34:13 AM
That's not what I took from it at first but since his last post, I think he's up to something.
He's just on to stir the sh_t!

Doogie Browser

Quote from: mournerambler on May 02, 2009, 12:24:29 AM
Quote from: shaneo on May 02, 2009, 12:06:50 AM
As I said, what's the point!  Even SF and SDLP acknowledge equality is a long way off.  I'll add that both SF and SDLP went on a ticket of anti secondary illegal water charges.  Remember, we already pay for water in our rates!  But now Conor Murphy of the SF is paying a company many tens of thousands of Queen's shillings to how best go about implementing these illegal charges on the people.  How does equality to be delivered with such weak leadership.  We still live in a loyalist controlled state whether we like it or not.
Bulls_it shaneo, if your going to make statements like that at least have hard evidence to back them up, i'll give you some examples of why we are not loyalist controlled;

Minister for education: Catriona Ruane (sinn fein)
Minister for regional development: Conor Murphy (sinn fein)
Minister for agriculture: Michelle Gildernue (sinn fein)
Minister for social development: Margaret Ritchie (sdlp)
Deputy first minister: Martin McGuinness (sinn fein)

This would hardly be classed as a loyalist controlled state!
Gerry Kelly junior minister in OFMDFM also.

mournerambler

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 02, 2009, 12:40:24 AM
As I said, what's the point!  Even SF and SDLP acknowledge equality is a long way off.  I'll add that both SF and SDLP went on a ticket of anti secondary illegal water charges.  Remember, we already pay for water in our rates!  But now Conor Murphy of the SF is paying a company many tens of thousands of Queen's shillings to how best go about implementing these illegal charges on the people.  How does equality to be delivered with such weak leadership.  We still live in a loyalist controlled state whether we like it or not.
Bulls_it shaneo, if your going to make statements like that at least have hard evidence to back them up, i'll give you some examples of why we are not loyalist controlled;

Wasn't sure of them all doogie & that's why I said 'some examples' ;)

Doogie Browser

Quote from: mournerambler on May 02, 2009, 12:43:47 AM

No worries, just glad to highlight that nationalists do have a voice in the 6 counties now finally and have a say in decision making locally after years of discrimination and unionist dominance  ;).

Logan

So ... to clarify that statement from Tesco

"Fenians can spend their money in Tesco's but Fenians can't fundraise for their kids amateur sports in Tesco's"

Oh ok ... at least we know

orangeman

Quote from: Logan on May 02, 2009, 10:22:55 AM

"Fenians can spend their money in Tesco's but Fenians can't fundraise for their kids amateur sports in Tesco's"

Really ? I don't think it's exactly like that is it ??

Perhaps Tesco will clarify.

cavan4ever

Quote from: orangeman on May 02, 2009, 11:38:32 AM

Playing the sectarian card is what you call your statment logan.

Logan

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 02, 2009, 11:57:20 AM
Quote from: orangeman on May 02, 2009, 11:38:32 AM

Playing the sectarian card is what you call your statment logan.
Glad you recognised it as such

Maguire01

Did you actually read it? Clearly not.

We have now reviewed our bag packing policy and have decided that sporting organisations can continue to raise money in this way, but in future those collecting will be asked not to wear their sports kit as it appears that regardless of the nature or allegiance of the club it is possible to offend someone. We shall however continue to ensure that the group is clearly identified on their collecting tins so that customers can make an informed choice about whether or not they wish to make a donation.

slow corner back

I think this is very poor from tescos. We are 15 years on from the initial ceasefires, the troubles ended well over a decade ago. As Tesco say in their own letter if you do not wish to give to the collection move to the next till. All people collecting should be clearly identifiable. If I walk into Tescos in Ballymena and the junior OO are collecting with wee collarettes I will just go to a different till. This is just giving in to bigots by Tescos shame on them as someone said earlier NO BALLS

shaneo

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 02, 2009, 12:48:25 AM
Quote from: mournerambler on May 02, 2009, 12:43:47 AM

No worries, just glad to highlight that nationalists do have a voice in the 6 counties now finally and have a say in decision making locally after years of discrimination and unionist dominance  ;).
Sorry to hear I'm branded sectarian, I'm not!
My point on the water charges and the Irish language money being re-routed, is just examples of what I think is still wrong in our society.
Remember I'm not wrong to highlight the fact that our so called politicians who I once voted for proclaimed many, many things to us Nationalists. They have danced to the Unionist and British Tune.  SF are simply carrying out the orders of the British Government, not the wishes of us everyday Nationalists. This is why the water charges are coming in, not a second thought to the working class people who are going to face hardship on this issue.

There was also a plan not that long back, Unionist politicians were going to build a stadium for Rugby and Soccer (Gaelic Games Not to be included!) in East Belfast area.  Lets also remember all the talk had been about a stadium that all codes could use the future stadium.
Our great politicians also kept mum and the idea was abandoned thanks to Unionists involved in Rugby Code (fair play to them)

We have to also remember that there is a Unionist Veto, this is sectarian!  Our Nationalist politicians Okayed this, they threw articles 2-3 into the bin, and the Northern Ireland Act remains.  SF gave MI5 the okay to have a free hand in Northern Ireland, undermining the good work that the SDLP was doing to have checks put in place.  SF told everyone that MI5 will have no part in community policing, did they ever have an interest in community policing.  This very nasty organisation is a political policing and black ops organisation and it have been made clear that this organisation were recruiting from the ranks of the old RUC that are not happy with the PSNI. (Why did SF undermine the SDLP in this way, very strange)

We also have to look around to see were all the main work in this illegal state, it isn't in many of our Nationalist areas.   But in strong Unionist areas we'll see many great international companies with well paid jobs while we have shop, hospital and taxi driver jobs with very low under breadline wages.  
Before I'm also accused, I'm not a RSF, INLA, IRSP, 32CSM, RIRA, CIRA or any such group supporter.  I don't believe in WAR either.  I'm an Irish Republican and I'll not apologies to anyone for that either.  I'm also sorry that I had to write this to explain myself because some people want to see something that was never there just to try to win an argument

I'm also sorry to see so many blindly following names, certain people who have come from a certain organisation.  But we fail to see their failings to the Nationalist community.  These politicians do not want to rock the very comfortable boat they are now in, because, too many follow them like sheep.  But this is also due to the diet of spin and propaganda we are fed.    

"There's only one Peter Canavan"

Ddawg

I read this on BBC online and was outraged!!
Downdawg!

neilthemac

what if they were collecting for a GAA club and all turned up wearing ROI soccer shirts? or celtic shirts? as in their own clothes. Would they be forced to change them?