League Finals

Started by EddieMerx, April 30, 2009, 08:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieMerx

We could be in for two cracking games on Sunday! The division 1 game could make or break Tipp, if they get another hiding from Kilkenny will they be able to dust themselves down and enter the championship 100% right? I have a feeling that Tipp will put it up to Kilkenny, I don't fancy them to win but I do think they will keep it to under 10 points.

Wexford V Offaly, this won't be a repeat of the earlier game because this game is massive for both counties. Bonnar is on the record of saying that this game is more important than the championship game in a few weeks as division 1 hurling is essential for the development of Wexford hurling, I would imagine Offaly are thinking along the same lines. Wexford enter the game as favourites but this is a title Wexford don't handle well. I think Wexford will win but that's purely based on the fact that I can't go against my County............. although a part of me is dreading this game because if Offaly can stop the concession of goals then we are in trouble

Onlooker

I hate to say it but the team selected by Tipp does not fill me with any great confidence for Sunday.  I fear we are in for another hiding.  Just hope I am wrong.

awfulynice

Im hoping for two good games, i know wexford gave us a beating earlier in the league but hopefully if hes back david kenny will make a  big difference in defence, and if wexford are missing Keith Rossiter and Darren Stamp it might swing the game in offalys favour

I think it will go down to the wire. On the Division 1 final its hard to see Kilkenny being beaten,  but tipp have been  blooding some good young players in the league and winning so i think it will be quite close kilkenny  by 3 - 4 points

Bud Wiser

Well I said before the Dub's game that Dublin would run them close.

This time I think Tipp will win by two good points, if you get the pun !
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on May 02, 2009, 09:12:47 AM
Well I said before the Dub's game that Dublin would run them close.

This time I think Tipp will win by two good points, if you get the pun !

Definitely two good points there.

INDIANA

Quote from: Onlooker on May 01, 2009, 09:52:53 PM
I hate to say it but the team selected by Tipp does not fill me with any great confidence for Sunday.  I fear we are in for another hiding.  Just hope I am wrong.

you should have a little faith in those young lads. They will prove to be exceptional. They'll give a good accoutnof themselves tomorrow. They won't win but they won't be hammered.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on May 02, 2009, 01:31:33 PM
Quote from: Onlooker on May 01, 2009, 09:52:53 PM

you should have a little faith in those young lads. They will prove to be exceptional. They'll give a good accoutnof themselves tomorrow. They won't win but they won't be hammered.

I fanct Tipp with 8 point handciap alright.

milltown row

having seen both teams play antrim this year i thought Offaly were a better team by far. yes Wexford stuffed Offaly but Wexford weren't great against Antrim that day in Casement.

Offaly to beat Wexford by 3 and Kilkenny to win by 8/10 points

even money for 4 or more goals to be scored in this match

orangeman

This is a good enough game - some nice touches by both sides.

How did Banville get a black tick for busting Brady ??? He hit him some reever.

Bud Wiser

I'm going to say that Tipp will win the other game by a score or two. !!
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

Ryall got emptied there.

orangeman

Tipp have set out their stall - let's get ripped into KK nad rough them up a bit. Game on now.

KK will do well to win this one.

This is brutal hard stuff. I can see a few red cards coming out.

orangeman

So you can pull across a man now and just get a black tick for it ???

orangeman

Great effort, commitment but poor advert for hurling - a lot of thuggery on display.

magickingdom

is there extra time? the rugby went to penalty kicks in cardiff - wouldnt that be something to see in hurling and football