GAA Hard men (all counties)

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 17, 2007, 03:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Raymond Munroe Carrickmore and Tyrone! Dont come much harder! ;)

realredhandfan

Aye shorty treanor would have ate ye without salt.   ::)
Munroe was hard and fair.  I believe he marked kevin mc Stay in 89 and he said he was the cleanest but toughest player he had ever marked.  I believe theres very little soft in carmen, maybe the snow.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: realredhandfan on January 25, 2007, 05:30:39 PM
Aye shorty treanor would have ate ye without salt. ::)
Munroe was hard and fair. I believe he marked kevin mc Stay in 89 and he said he was the cleanest but toughest player he had ever marked. I believe theres very little soft in carmen, maybe the snow.

wasnt his best day at the office :-X but fair he was ! would have hated him marking me in a game, training was bad enough!
I remember him and Big Audi having some great battles down the years and battles they were :)

Always thought Sean Donnelly from Trillick was hard as nails!!

BallyhaiseMan

Bernard Morris of Gowna and Cavan... an absolute tank... Not a hint of dirt to him either.

Canalman

Always admired Anthony Rainbow from Kildare as a tough player. Always gave it all and never shirked a tackle when many of his teammates in early 90s were imo a bit shirty.
Would have loved him in Dublin team.

Cloc Mor

Quoteshorty treanor
???

You serious?  Shorty would have started a row with a sneaky elbow then run a mile.  Paddy O'Rourke was also lethal with the elbows but also lacked serious balls.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Canalman on January 25, 2007, 08:49:39 PM
Always admired Anthony Rainbow from Kildare as a tough player. Always gave it all and never shirked a tackle when many of his teammates in early 90s were imo a bit shirty.
Would have loved him in Dublin team.
:D

will you tell him dinny or will I !

FFS -I made rainbow cry !

wherefromreferee?

Any new hard men in the country emerge in the last 3 years?
In your Endo!

SambaSaffron

put-it-up

Bernard Morris was hard as nails. Trevor Crowe of Cavan deserves a mention too. The man drinks pertrol because he is a tank....

Schkite

laceer

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 25, 2007, 05:21:33 PM
Raymond Munroe Carrickmore and Tyrone! Dont come much harder! ;)

Seen him play for Tyrone over 40s a few times this past couple of years. Has a bit more padding round the middle now but f**k can he still hit a man a shoulder.

brokencrossbar1

Two mentioned on this page are the hardest I ever played against, Bernard Morris and Ray Munroe.  Both were at the tail end of their careers but I have never been hit harder by anyone then those lads. Morris in particular could simply run through people not round them!

small white mayoman

Quote from: stephenite on January 17, 2007, 09:06:09 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 17, 2007, 03:45:43 PM

From what i can remember knockmore's hardest man

Hard, or just filthy ? Knockmore have had far harder men over the years than this fella

the latter i would say and even then your been kind , wouldn't deserve to be mentioned along with the likes of Butler, or staunton
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Carbery

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on May 19, 2010, 05:06:08 PM
Any new hard men in the country emerge in the last 3 years?

Finian Moriarty [Armagh]