Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Anyone that hits someone else in the nuts is a tr**p.

Bensars

Quote from: orangeman on June 14, 2009, 10:05:04 AM
In today's Mail on Sunday it has a oeice in it which is suggesting that the CCCC have recommened Dick Clerkin be cited for standing on Fergal Doc.

This story will run and run.

Can you paste that article orangeman ?

Main Street

If something does come out of that, Banty will just resort to plan B.

Mid Mon

Quote from: Bensars on June 15, 2009, 01:01:41 PM
In today's Mail on Sunday it has a oeice in it which is suggesting that the CCCC have recommened Dick Clerkin be cited for standing on Fergal Doc.

Seen the article too, apparently more footage from the BBC has become avaible which shows Clerkin stamping on Doherty's face.

Maguire01

Quote from: Mid Mon on June 15, 2009, 04:57:08 PM
Quote from: Bensars on June 15, 2009, 01:01:41 PM

Seen the article too, apparently more footage from the BBC has become avaible which shows Clerkin stamping on Doherty's face.
Strange that it has only come to light. I didn't hear any mention of this or eyewitness reports from posters after the game.

Main Street

It's safe to assume that if there was even the slightest bit of malice from Dick, that Fergal's long evenings of saintly duty, roofing clubhouses, would  be over. Not that Dick needs a defense which outlines ad nauseum all his charitable efforts, Dick need only offer a simple physics formula  which would include things like g force, body weight, size 52 boots and Fergal's pristine good looks fully intact after the game.
I would more suspect that there will be no action.

Maguire01

QuoteLogan to represent suspended Freeman

Monaghan's Tommy Freeman
18 June 2009

Former Tyrone midfielder and well-known lawyer Fergal Logan is to assist Monaghan star Tommy Freeman in his bid to have an eight-week suspension lifted.

Freeman received the ban in the wake of Monaghan's Ulster SFC first round defeat to Derry on May 24 for 'attempting to strike with the head'.

The Central Hearings Committee upheld the ban, and Freeman's frustration was compounded when the Derry duo Fergal Doherty and Brian Mullan had similar suspensions halved on appeal.

Former Derry footballer and barrister Joe Brolly submitted the appeal for Fergal Doherty, while Derry Central Council delegate Gerard O'Kane used unseen video footage to show that Brian Mullan had not kneed Conor McManus in the groin area.

The Monaghan county board's recruitment of Logan would suggest they intend mounting a rigorous appeal to the Disputes Resolution Authority.

Logan has enjoyed some success at DRA hearings, most famously reducing Ryan McMenamin's suspension in 2005 to allow him to line out for Tyrone against Dublin in the All-Ireland quarter-final. He also successfully challenged a three-month ban that was issued to Derry's Paddy Bradley for 'minor interference with a match official' during a club game last year.
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=113336

The GAA has really managed to turn this whole process into an industry in itself.

GBXII

I haven't read through the whole thread but reading the last post and having watched the video again on youtube, how in the name of God can they say that yer man Mullan didn't knee the other lad in the balls?? He clearly did. That's one of the dirtiest incidents I've seen in a long time.

Main Street

Logan to to give a head start to Tommy's appeal.

It might be worth digging up a medical report that confirms Tommy suffers from stereotypic movement disorder.

Maguire01

QuoteFreeman appeal heard
18 June 2009

Central Appeals Committee

At a meeting of the Central Appeals Committee held in Croke Park last night, an appeal from Tommy Freeman (Monaghan) was heard.

The appeal as submitted by Monaghan was upheld. The Central Appeals Committee decided to refer the case back to the Central Hearings Committee for reprocessing.
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=113388

What the hell does this mean?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 18, 2009, 05:38:02 PM
QuoteFreeman appeal heard
18 June 2009

Central Appeals Committee

At a meeting of the Central Appeals Committee held in Croke Park last night, an appeal from Tommy Freeman (Monaghan) was heard.

The appeal as submitted by Monaghan was upheld. The Central Appeals Committee decided to refer the case back to the Central Hearings Committee for reprocessing.
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=113388

What the hell does this mean?

Logan's found a loophole
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Bogball XV

Quote from: GBXII on June 18, 2009, 01:34:24 PM
I haven't read through the whole thread but reading the last post and having watched the video again on youtube, how in the name of God can they say that yer man Mullan didn't knee the other lad in the balls?? He clearly did. That's one of the dirtiest incidents I've seen in a long time.
Did you read the bit where it says that video footage from another angle shows that he didn't knee anyone in the balls?? 

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Bogball XV on June 18, 2009, 06:06:41 PM
Did you read the bit where it says that video footage from another angle shows that he didn't knee anyone in the balls?? 

Where is this video evidence? If it was the BBC, why wasn't it shown to defend Mullan at the time. Even if he did'nt knee him in the ball's, he still kneed him and deserved his suspension.

GBXII

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 18, 2009, 06:10:06 PM

Where is this video evidence? If it was the BBC, why wasn't it shown to defend Mullan at the time. Even if he did'nt knee him in the ball's, he still kneed him and deserved his suspension.

Don't understand how they can say this, has to be bullshit. Or else yer man McManus is some actor because he genuinely looked hurt... 

Bogball XV

It was previously unseen, I think Brolly said it was taken by Derry officials at the game - i didn't know they created their own video footage, but there you go - it seemingly shows that the knee was in the chest, I haven't seen it, but nobody has contradicted this claim and I can't see that Brolly and the Derry county board would lie about it (if verifiable evidence to the contrary exists).
He still kneed McManus and that's why the suspension wasn't appealed, just he severity of it - according to the rules (apparently) the punishment for striking with the knee is 4 weeks.

Quote from: GBXII on June 18, 2009, 06:14:13 PM

Don't understand how they can say this, has to be bullshit. Or else yer man McManus is some actor because he genuinely looked hurt... 
Well a knee could hurt wherever it connects with, I'd love to see the footage too though.