Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Hunting

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 10, 2009, 11:09:42 AM
Quote from: tyrone exile on June 03, 2009, 11:55:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 03, 2009, 11:17:00 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 03, 2009, 08:26:53 PM
Doherty SHOULD have appealed last years though
Fergal has turned into a serial offender in the Ulster championship.

Dont say that they might start crying again!

I wonder how many games in we will be this year before we see Sean "Dry Your Eyes" Cavanagh blubbering on the field of play again?

That's right, he was actually bawling his eyes out!!  :D :D :D Must've been some injury.

Poor wee Sean... he was crying at an umpire also earlier this year when he had the cheek to report wee Colm to the referee.

Final Whistle

Must be very emotional year for the big man-3rd senior all-ireland(more than the derry squad posess), 4th allstar, 0-5 in the AI Final, Man of Match in said all-ireland!! Id cry too!!

You know what you Derry Wans problems is-too uptight, relax and let it all out!!!

JMohan

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 10, 2009, 09:07:00 AM
Tommy Freeman lost his appeal against his 8-week ban.

Doherty having his case heard tonight.

Have to laugh at the Monaghan Chairman saying how Tommay was never red carded in his life ...

Tommy Freeman has seen more Red Cards than almost any other footballer on that County team - he's got more cards than Hallmark

screenexile

Quote from: INDIANA on June 10, 2009, 03:29:29 PM
derry have some neck appealing Mullan's suspension- I mean whats the defence- that perhapd he only connected with one testicle instead of two. Disgraceful.

Yeah I've checked all the major news sites and there is no mention of this story so take it easy there for a minute Indiana!!

As I've said before Mullan has no defence and I would be extremely disappointed if our CB decide to go down this path. We should just take the punishment and move on.

Will Hunting

Quote from: screenexile on June 10, 2009, 04:36:25 PM
derry have some neck appealing Mullan's suspension- I mean whats the defence- that perhapd he only connected with one testicle instead of two. Disgraceful.

Yeah I've checked all the major news sites and there is no mention of this story so take it easy there for a minute Indiana!!

As I've said before Mullan has no defence and I would be extremely disappointed if our CB decide to go down this path. We should just take the punishment and move on.

Maybe they feel it is only worth 4 weeks though.

What did Tommy McGuigan get?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Will Hunting on June 10, 2009, 04:50:32 PM

4 weeks also.

Unless they fell Mullan's was more dangerous as it looked more forceful than Tommy's incident. Still a knee to the groin though for both and deserve same punishment.

Keyser soze

This is definitely true, Brian Mullan's ban [the length of it] is being appealed. I cannot quote a 'news' source for this but it is definitely true.

I agree that this should be appealed as 8 weeks is too long given the length of bans for another similar recent offence.

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 10, 2009, 04:25:02 PM

Have to laugh at the Monaghan Chairman saying how Tommay was never red carded in his life ...

Tommy Freeman has seen more Red Cards than almost any other footballer on that County team - he's got more cards than Hallmark
Can you list them?

tyronefan

when Ricey appealed his ban was doubled

I hope the same happens here

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: tyronefan on June 10, 2009, 08:07:43 PM
when Ricey appealed his ban was doubled

I hope the same happens here

Ricey got 6 weeks at start. Appealed as normal suspensions are in multiples of 4 weeks  e.g 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks etc. Got another 2 weeks for his troubles.

tyronefan

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 10, 2009, 05:24:57 PM

4 weeks also.

Unless they fell Mullan's was more dangerous as it looked more forceful than Tommy's incident. Still a knee to the groin though for both and deserve same punishment.

what Mullin did was a lot worse than what either Ricey or Tommy done.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: tyronefan on June 10, 2009, 08:27:41 PM

4 weeks also.

Looked like it but Tommy and Brian Mullan still kneed to the groin area, doesnt matter which looked worse or not, and im not sure what to class Ricey's as but all 3 should have warranted 4 weeks suspensions.

Maguire01

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 10, 2009, 08:35:40 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on June 10, 2009, 08:27:41 PM

4 weeks also.

Looked like it but Tommy and Brian Mullan still kneed to the groin area, doesnt matter which looked worse or not, and im not sure what to class Ricey's as but all 3 should have warranted 4 weeks suspensions.
All 3 should warrant at least 8 weeks. Paul Finlay got an 8 week suspension last year for having words with a ref. I'd say a knee to the groin is a bit more serious.

tyrone exile

The length of the suspension is affected by the force. I think this is silly, it should all be the same, they need to find a fixed penalty for such incidents and stick by them!

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 10, 2009, 05:57:27 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 10, 2009, 04:25:02 PM

Can you list them?
Can he even list one?

I wonder are Derry going to use the Brolly defense?