Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overthebar!

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2009, 12:17:06 AM
Quote from: Overthebar! on May 25, 2009, 12:13:06 AM
in fairness hardstation you have saturated this thread and offered very little....
I have merely outlined inaccuracies in certain Derry mens' opinions. All of which (these opinions) have been proved to be bollix.
Is that wrong? Should I let yis say what you want?

no, no you haven't. you have been trying to stir shite constantly making your usual useless comments....

Bogball XV

Quote from: Winnie Peg on May 25, 2009, 12:29:58 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2009, 12:19:21 AM
Does Barry McGoldrick always act the ballix like he did today?
Was that the Derry No. 6? I felt that he was probably the dirtiest player on the pitch and was astonished that his behaviour wasn't flagged up more on TV tonight. Also, Freeman's headbut should be investigated.
watching the game live and watching on tv give very different impressions, on TV McGoldrick did look to be involved in many of the melees, but I didn't see much malice in his actions in them (not like Dick and Rory).
Mullan will presumably get a suspension, be very surprised if Doc gets anything extra.  The worst (as in most dangerous) tackle of the day was Tommy Freeman on Barry McGuigan - it was terrible, zero attempt to play the ball, and he really could have caused serious injury, he got his yellow, but perhaps red would have been more fitting?
The game was an awful advert for football, Monaghan's limitations were shown up (i'm not having a go at Monaghan, as they have limited resources and they've given Kerry tough games through playing the only way they can), whilst I don't agree with the experimental rules, surely a sin bin is now a must?
Two brilliant points from Kielt there at the end, fair play to him, that might convince a number of us over on the derry thread.

Good to get to our 5th ulster semi in succession, hopefully we won't flop now for the 5th time in a row :o  At least we won't be favs against Tyrone, so maybe the boys won't be over confident this time (though Cassidy would hardly allow that regardless).

Stalin

hardstation f**k off. save your commentary for the antrim game. im sure they'll have a bundle to add to the AI series the year
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

JohnDenver

Quote from: hardstation on May 25, 2009, 12:26:21 AM
A knee in the balls = Suspension. That's fair.

Does the knee have to be in the balls HS?  What about the knee Clerkin threw at Doc just before they first tangled? Because it didn't connect with his balls and doc didnt roll around the ground does that mean that it doesn't deserve to be highlighted?  Doc didnt' just get up and grab him for no reason.  Freeman's headbutt is very similar, just because McGuckin chose not to hit the deck like he'd be been taken out by a sniper, does that mean the headbutt shouldn't be highlighted?

If you cite one instance in a game then you have to be consistent and cite all.  That includes clerkin, freeman, doc, mone and anybody else who fell foul of the rules.  If this was the case then i would imagine there would be double figures up for suspension.

But we all know this won't happen.  The easy option will be taken and Mullan will be cited because of the pubilc outcry and how it was highlighted in the media.  I am not condoning the action for one second but have to ask that just because he connected better than the rest, does that make it a worse crime? I think not.

On a different note, does anybody know what the F.H.W. stands for written on mone's arm?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8066225.stm

Newbridge Exile

I see Dermot McArdles rabbit punches on Eoin Bradley in the second half are not getting a mention here

Carbery

What else did you expect - sure this was a typical Ulster game.

screenmachine

What a crying session this thread has turned into?  Mullan should get banned but lets be honest about the thing, he didn't try to end his career or seriously injure him.  By some of the reaction on here you'd nearly think he pulled a knife out of his sock and stabbed the fcuk out of him!  He'll get a suspension, get over it!

Also I can't really understand where all the praise for James Kielt is coming from.  Granted, he kicked two awesome points but he was in acres of space for both of them and offered nothing else through the whole game.  Thought Mark Lynch was quiet enough when he cam on too, I actually forgot he had come on until he hit a free!!

Don't think Doc should get anything extra as we niggly things like that go on in every game and once again there was no serious injury caused or even attempted for that matter.

Shit game.  Good result, all that matters really.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: screenmachine on May 25, 2009, 09:51:52 AM
What a crying session this thread has turned into?  Mullan should get banned but lets be honest about the thing, he didn't try to end his career or seriously injure him.  By some of the reaction on here you'd nearly think he pulled a knife out of his sock and stabbed the fcuk out of him!  He'll get a suspension, get over it!

Also I can't really understand where all the praise for James Kielt is coming from.  Granted, he kicked two awesome points but he was in acres of space for both of them and offered nothing else through the whole game.  Thought Mark Lynch was quiet enough when he cam on too, I actually forgot he had come on until he hit a free!!

Don't think Doc should get anything extra as we niggly things like that go on in every game and once again there was no serious injury caused or even attempted for that matter.

Kilelts points weren't some easy tap over score 25 yards out, in front of goal in some club league game. he scored two absolutely massive points from distance to DRAW the game and the other to put us ONE up in one of the most intense and intimidating enviroments he will ever face. Have you any understanding of how he was involved in in lifting Derrys game at that stage to go for the win.

INDIANA

A knee in the balls isn't trying to seriously injure somebody? I've heard it alll now. As bad an act as I've seen on a Gaa pitch. The intent and the force of the kick are there for all to see.

bingobus

Quote from: INDIANA on May 25, 2009, 10:06:07 AM

A knee in the balls isn't trying to seriously injure somebody? I've heard it alll now. As bad an act as I've seen on a Gaa pitch. The intent and the force of the kick are there for all to see.

I'd agree, shocking to see on a GAA field. Plenty of intent in that. I've a feeling after th coverage the game has got that they'll throw the book at him. No sympathy.

Didn't get to the game but heard that the behvaiour of the ground was dreadful as well - Monaghan "supporters" booing the introduction of Hanratty, Derry supporter getting involved with Darren Hughes in second half and alot of verbal abuse in the ground. Always has been this at games but heard it got very nasty and personal yesterday. Maybe someone can comment who was there.

Also heard that the area behind the stand is very narrow and toilets all down one end and at half time a serious crush was developing with alot of children involved.

Maximus Marillius

Indiana Dublin were involved in a brutal league game against Monaghan last season, which your stats man came on and head butted one of the Monaghan players. How do you think a team should take on Monaghan as a matter of interest ( I am not defending a Derry player kneeing someone in the privates, but I am defending our aggressive manner in meeting Monaghans methods )

saffron sam2

Quote from: JohnDenver on May 25, 2009, 08:38:15 AM

On a different note, does anybody know what the F.H.W. stands for written on mone's arm?

Freeman Headbutted McGuckin. The M is upside-down.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 25, 2009, 10:15:58 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on May 25, 2009, 08:38:15 AM

Freeman Headbutted McGuckin. The M is upside-down.

I think the wife towl him to get the groceries in that big asda in Strabane on the way home.
Fairy Liquid
Hankies
Weetabix
He was never going to mine all that, so he wrote it down. Smart.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

INDIANA

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on May 25, 2009, 10:15:24 AM
Indiana Dublin were involved in a brutal league game against Monaghan last season, which your stats man came on and head butted one of the Monaghan players. How do you think a team should take on Monaghan as a matter of interest ( I am not defending a Derry player kneeing someone in the privates, but I am defending our aggressive manner in meeting Monaghans methods )

Whats that got to do with it. I wouldn't use his actions as an excuse for some of Derry's antics yesterday. Both teams were as bad as each other. I'd be absolutely appalled if Dublin played in such a manner. It was a scandalous advert for the GAA. We're trying to promote the games here, we don't expect teams to be sheepishly compliant in being nice to each other. But there has to be a line somewhere. I'm fed uplistening to Banty and other managers saying any variations on the current rules take the physicality out of the game. I think Monaghan would be better off with another manager.
That was posionous yesterday. We've all had parochial battles on football pitches but I'd go a long way to get as posionous an atmosphere as that yesterday. Reminded me of the Derry v Tyrone qualifier about 5 year ago.

Maximus Marillius

Has no one had the balls to question the ref , his linesmen and umpires role in yesterdays game. Jimmy White was the ref in Omagh who was in charge of the game against Kerry and Tyrone in the national league under the experimental rules. He never flashed two many yellow cards in that game even thou we had many incidents in it also. His support team are a joke. Do his umpires just go out along with him for the day to get a few view of the game.

Indiana my point is that is how Monaghan play, how would you play gainst it, walk away fom every confrontation.