Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Brolly and Spillane is better viewing than the match.

Trevor Hill

Poor game of football, Brolly doing his best to make Derry sound like genuine contenders. Doherty should have got the line earlier.
Not being biased here but that seemed worse than last week.

Jinxy

Yet again it's up to Leinster football to provide a bit of entertainment.  ;)
C'mon the Biffos!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Archie Mitchell

2 poor showings all right. I have a feeling next week could be the same. Going by Cassidy's interview, the win was all that mattered for Derry and the werent going to be bullied out of the game.

mountainboii

ardmhachaabu

I think that was an awful ad for Gaelic games - I would hope that various incidents are looked at again by CCCC and suspensions dished out where appropriate.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

RedandGreenSniper

Brolly made shite of Spillane there. Pat argueing that it was two bad teams yadda yadda yadda. Brolly makes the valid point that that's the way Monaghan make every team look. Delighted Derry won. Monaghan not good for football.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 24, 2009, 03:44:21 PM
Brolly made shite of Spillane there. Pat argueing that it was two bad teams yadda yadda yadda. Brolly makes the valid point that that's the way Monaghan make every team look. Delighted Derry won. Monaghan not good for football.

Brolly took care of him all right. Pat didn't like it when Joe said that Kerry even struggle to play football against Monaghan.

mountainboii

Thomas Kane asks shite questions. Its as if he's actually fishing for clichés

behind the wire

only going on what i saw on tv but that was a terrible advert for the game. behaviour of both teams terrible.

A few examples i picked out:

doherty should have been gone earlier for a blatant kick

derry player kneeing a monaghan player on the ground (looked very dangerous)

derry no21 making a fool of himself by lying down and pretending he was hit

monaghan player getting involved with someone in the crowd

a melee when the ball was at the other side of the field (which included the derry keeper taking a player in a head lock from behind. lovely action.)

tommy freeman being fouled every time he went near the ball

players mouthing in other players ears, most notably clerkin and mcguckin

hopefully the game will be looked at by cccc and appropriate action taken.

refereeing was terrible. he didnt want to deal with the problems that were eveident early in the game and let it get out of hand

He who laughs last thinks the slowest

omagh_gael

Quote from: behind the wire on May 24, 2009, 03:56:19 PM
only going on what i saw on tv but that was a terrible advert for the game. behaviour of both teams terrible.

A few examples i picked out:

doherty should have been gone earlier for a blatant kick

derry player kneeing a monaghan player on the ground (looked very dangerous)

derry no21 making a fool of himself by lying down and pretending he was hit

monaghan player getting involved with someone in the crowd

a melee when the ball was at the other side of the field (which included the derry keeper taking a player in a head lock from behind. lovely action.)

tommy freeman being fouled every time he went near the ball

players mouthing in other players ears, most notably clerkin and mcguckin

hopefully the game will be looked at by cccc and appropriate action taken.

refereeing was terrible. he didnt want to deal with the problems that were eveident early in the game and let it get out of hand

Will Derry have 15 men for the semi after CCCC gets a houl of them, should be a breeze for ourselves or Armagh then?!  ;)

Mid Down Gael

Monaghan are the most negative team playing Gaelic football. Its near time Dick Clerkin got a suspension. He was in Fergal Docs face all day and at it off the ball which resulted in Doherty loosing the head. He is one dirty, negative tr**p. Too often his behaviour is spoiling good players and not being punished.

up tyrone

Tyrone and Armagh will be sitting back and having a good laugh at this.All the talk about tommy and ricey i`m sure the silence in Derry will be deafening.Doherty tried his best the whole second half to get sent off,by the rules he will get 3mths for kicking alone.no.21 will get at least a mth.i wasnt won for the new rules but i`m starting to wonder.

Size.5.Hallion

On the contrary BehindTheWire, I think the referee did a very good job today - the majority of those incidents were out of his control, particularly the knee by Mullin and the kick or two that Doc threw out while he was booking Bradley.  Those that he did see he got right, and for the most part wanted to let the game flow freely and not get bogged down with stops and starts for countless frees - theres nothing he can do if both teams decide to ignore the football and just get at each others throats throughout.

Needs much more help from the umpires and linesmen, and with video footage, its likely that any incidents that went unspotted will be punished after - cant think of anything in particular other than Brian Mullin may pick up a sunspension. Doc was very rightly sent off, could have been away a few times before he did get the marching orders.

Monaghans shooting let them down, its all fair and well taking plenty of shots when you have a strong wind at your back, but to drop them short in those circumstances is criminal.  Dont think either team performed anywhere near their best, but as Brolly pointed out its all about results at this stage- and for the semi final I would expect to see a stronger Derry side, with Muldoon, McCusker, Lockhart et al in line for a place in the team.

red hander

Quote from: Midman on May 24, 2009, 03:29:17 PM
Sidebottom " Iron foot, velvet booted Bradley"    Alan Partridge would be embarassed by that statement.

Derry have turned the screw with 14, weird game to much "manliness" and not enough football

Mark Sidearse is Alan Partridge... but at least Partridge would get the players' names right... Sidearse even credited the goal to someone else than Bradley... he's totally abysmal and some of the shite he comes out with is downright embarrassing