Dessie               Vinny          Strimmer

Damien             McQuaid       D Hughes

Dick               Spindley

Jinxy                 Jap              Manzie

Tommy             Rory             Downey

Looks like you were way off the mark Bandit

I got it exactly right!!

The GAA

When was the last time, if ever, that banty started the team he had named in a championship match?

thebandit

I think he started as selected more often than not last year.

The year before number 30 started the first 2 (if not 3) games :D

Schkite

I'd say that will be the team that lines out alright. JP mustn't be fully fit and you wouldn't want to throw him in here like that. To be honest it might work out for the best as now it's fairly obvious who's marking who, and it looks good I think; Dessie on P Bradley, Vinny on E Bradley, and McArdle will follow Kielt wherever he goes.

Logan

That sounds right ... only change might be to let Vinny out the field.
That full back line will be the most important line on the field I think, It depends on how much ball they get, if he plays with 2 or 3 men etc.
It'll be a cracker!

Main Street

On paper, it looks as good a team as we could put out.
There is little doubt that a few of the dependables have been off their game.
We'll see how many of their cylinders are firing on the day.

Doire Peadar

To be honest I think Derry will take it with 4-5 points to spare. Interesting couple of interviews on Radio Foyle earlier with Damien Cassiady, skinner, and celtic park rep. Think he said 400 tickets were sent back up to Celtic park for sale, all standing. One thing he did say was they had wished they put on family tickets as alot of people were not going as there was no offers for the kids.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Schkite on May 23, 2009, 12:08:36 PM
I'd say that will be the team that lines out alright. JP mustn't be fully fit and you wouldn't want to throw him in here like that. To be honest it might work out for the best as now it's fairly obvious who's marking who, and it looks good I think; Dessie on P Bradley, Vinny on E Bradley, and McArdle will follow Kielt wherever he goes.

Wouldnt mind Vinny on Skinner, think Eoin would have too much pace for him and would be first to every ball IF it was one on one. But its not the full back line specifically that im worried about. Monaghan crowding out the defence is more of a worry.

Hope Skinner and Diver can take on the defence down the middle and that Cartin, the McGoldricks and O'Kane get up from defence for scores.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Schkite

All the same whiskeysteve, Vinny's no slouch, I'd be confident enough of him keeping up with E Bradley. But we'll need to be winning the breaks and cutting off the supply at the same time. That half-back line of ours is generally fairly attacking so not sure if they'll all be crowding the defence, though there's a good chance that D Freeman will be deployed as a sweeper in front of the full-back line as he has been in the past.

whiskeysteve

During the league Skinner was out in front of every man who marked him, whether he done anything with it or not was a different matter. To be fair he's come on well this year with his decision making, just the odd rash shot now and again.

If D Freeman is brought back I'd like to see Sean Leo free to drive up the pitch, he has the engine to get up there on the overlap, maybe even see a goal chance or two worked out of it.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

tbrick18

Quote from: Schkite on May 23, 2009, 05:51:14 PM
All the same whiskeysteve, Vinny's no slouch, I'd be confident enough of him keeping up with E Bradley. But we'll need to be winning the breaks and cutting off the supply at the same time. That half-back line of ours is generally fairly attacking so not sure if they'll all be crowding the defence, though there's a good chance that D Freeman will be deployed as a sweeper in front of the full-back line as he has been in the past.
You're right, Vinny is no slouch and I think he's one of the best players Monaghan have, but don't underestimate the speed of Skinner. He will win 70-80% of the ball played in front of the 2 of them. It remains to be seen what he will do with that posession but I can actually see him becoming at least as important to our attack as Paddy.
I think both half-back lines are fairly attack minded so I can see this being a lot of counter-attacking football from both side, but at the same time I cant see huge scores.
Who knows what will happen...but I cant wait!

Schkite

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 23, 2009, 07:18:33 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 23, 2009, 05:51:14 PM
You're right, Vinny is no slouch and I think he's one of the best players Monaghan have, but don't underestimate the speed of Skinner. He will win 70-80% of the ball played in front of the 2 of them. It remains to be seen what he will do with that posession but I can actually see him becoming at least as important to our attack as Paddy.
I think both half-back lines are fairly attack minded so I can see this being a lot of counter-attacking football from both side, but at the same time I cant see huge scores.
Who knows what will happen...but I cant wait!

Yeah by all accounts Eoin Bradley has come on some amount this year, read an interview with him there this week and he said he was in the gym all winter. Seems like he's becoming a real dangerous forward in his own right and stepping out of Paddy's shadow. There's alot of talk about him having a big year in him so I'll look forward to seeing him tomorrow. Both teams have been focusing on this game over anything else since the draw was made, and it's only a day away! Can't wait myself!

jodyb

Startin to get nervous now. I'll have to have a wee drink to settle the nerves :D Early start in the mornin to see the minor game so i'll have to go easy on it

thebandit

Quote from: jodyb on May 23, 2009, 07:46:13 PM
Startin to get nervous now. I'll have to have a wee drink to settle the nerves :D Early start in the mornin to see the minor game so i'll have to go easy on it

Its too close to call... A sup of drink might be needed alright!

Yeah early start, does anyone have tips for shortcuts?

I intend to take the clady turn (as if goin to Ballybofey) and coming into Lifford that way, then going into Derry via St Johnston.
Is there a better way in? Where is a good place to park?