Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on May 22, 2009, 09:50:23 AM
Quote from: Logan on May 22, 2009, 12:14:05 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2009, 11:55:44 PM
Ah catch a grip of reality. The Bradleys and the overdependence on their individual talent is the one reason why Derry haven't even smelt the burgers on an Ulster final day since 2000. Paddy can rack up 3-13 against Wexford but will throw the head up when you most need him.

No player owes anyone anything but Muldoon never delivered. All I remember is a catch he made in 1998 I think against Galway.

McCloy is too ponderous and flat-footed with the big arse.

Fergal Doherty may be the all-action guy but is undeniably predictable. Elbows Tohill could catch a ball in his own square and pop up a minute later with a grass-cutter to the back of the onion bag.

Your one hope is Cassidy. He has the Midas touch. To take Clonoe to an O'Neill Cup was close to miraculous and in time that achievement will receive its full recognition. This year highlighted even more with the O'Rahillys kicking their heels in May.

Cassidy knows how to win games with any outfit. He's a bit like Malachy O'Rourke but with better resources. If O'Rourke can bring Fermanagh to the fingernails of an Ulster, Cassidy can get the most out of a sow's ear.

Very misinformed

If you think McCloy has a big arse you're blind. Castigating Doherty because he's not Tohill is irrelevant.
To slate Muldoon without knowing the injuries the man has is again ignorant
Last year was an excellent year for Cassidy at club level, but he was with Clonoe this year too - shows how much you know.
He has it all to prove at inter-county level. I suspect the hard hitting passion, blood and guts, ignoramus approach, will only get them so far. Ulster title max.

Then again the tone suggests you're happy in your world.

Logan your a mouth piece. Cassidy wasn't with us this year. he took one session since January and was at our c'ship game, where he was outside the wire.
I wish Cassidy all the best. We found him to be excellent. If anyone can get this Derry team to win a game where so many players are absent through injury its him.
So he was involved then?
And don't be getting annoyed just because summer is over so soon for you.

Sunday will be his test.

Logan

Quote from: Mid Mon on May 22, 2009, 11:30:52 AM
Any starting team announced by Monaghan yet?
Wondering the same myself!

Schkite

Quote from: Logan on May 22, 2009, 02:35:16 PM
Quote from: Mid Mon on May 22, 2009, 11:30:52 AM
Any starting team announced by Monaghan yet?
Wondering the same myself!

Announced at training tonight I think.

Main Street

Quote from: Logan on May 22, 2009, 02:31:44 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on May 22, 2009, 09:22:42 AM
Quote from: Logan on May 22, 2009, 12:14:05 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 21, 2009, 11:55:44 PM
McCloy is too ponderous and flat-footed with the big arse.
If you think McCloy has a big arse you're blind.
Now we're getting to the important issues.   ::)
20k people looking at McCloys arse on Sunday ...  ???
Surely SS has a purist educated arse fixation and could rejoin the thread to enter into this particular serious discussion.
I will have to depend on the RTE cameras occasionally zooming in on this arse of Cuchullain proportions.

Banty is giving some extra serious though to the line out selection.

GrandMasterFlash

Apologies in advance for digressing from the topic of Kevin McCloy's arse (not a true Gael, I know..) but does any man know how long it'd take to walk from Foyle street bus station to Celtic Park?

Cheers.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 22, 2009, 03:43:01 PM
Apologies in advance for digressing from the topic of Kevin McCloy's arse (not a true Gael, I know..) but does any man know how long it'd take to walk from Foyle street bus station to Celtic Park?

Cheers.

10-15 mins maximum

wherefromreferee?

As a Derry man, I'd be fairly confident about this game.  Dont ask me to explain my reasons, just let it be known that I'd be fairly confident.  It this comes back to bite me on the ass, then so be it  ;)

Derry 1-12 Monaghan 0-08
In your Endo!

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 22, 2009, 03:51:15 PM
Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 22, 2009, 03:43:01 PM

Cheers.

10-15 mins maximum

Cheers Doogie. Like the Mon team I'll be going at 100mph so I expect to do it in 1-2mins!!  ;)

thebandit

I'd say there will be few shocks on the Monaghan team. The only decisions depend on whether JP is fit or not - If he's fit, its between Damien Freeman and Dermot McArdle to start.

Up front, Ronaghan could start with maybe Downey or McManus missing out, but I'd be surprised.

*Please note that no nicknames have been used in this post.

Schkite

I'd say if JP is fit it'll be McArdle to miss out, bit harsh but Banty seems to prefer to start Damien.

It would be idiotic to drop McManus IMO, Ronaghan starting ahead of Downey is a possibility though given his lack of experience, but I'd still start Downey and Ronaghan is a good man to come on.

tbrick18

Well its necks on the block time....
I'm gonna go for Derry to win by 2. I think if we'd have had a fully fit squad to choose from I would have been confident of predicting a Derry win by 5, but as it stands an uncomfortable 2 point victory is my hope.
Kielt is a worry for me tbh. But I guess if Lynch is half fit, he might have a half in him. I think Seamus Bradley could do damage in a game like this too and with Lockhart also on the bench I think we have enough strength to shade it even with the current injury crisis.

thebandit

Monaghan team for Sunday:

Padraig McBennett
Dessie Mone
Vincent Corey
Dermot McArdle
Damien Freeman
Gary McQuaid
Darren Hughes
Owen Lennon
Dick Clerkin
Conor McManus
Paul Finlay
Stephen Gollogly
Mark Downey
Rory Woods
Tomás Freeman

soldier of destiny

Thanks for that.  Predictable enough team, what is JP's fitness status do you know?

thebandit

He's named on the subs, so not sure..... it wouldn't be a major shock to see him start.

soldier of destiny

Quote from: thebandit on May 22, 2009, 10:52:05 PM
He's named on the subs, so not sure..... it wouldn't be a major shock to see him start.

It wouldn't be like banty to field a team different to the one named.  :P