Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Logan on May 18, 2009, 11:29:07 AM
Now Muldoon is definitely out for it.
Pressures on Joe Diver now.
With no Conway for back up.

Patsy Bradley?  ???

If he is out I think DC should put James Kilet in Midfield, he is a natural midfielder and played very well there for Derry Minors 2 years ago.

screenexile

Starting to get worried about this game. Muldoon, Lockhart, Lynch, McCusker, Patsy Bradley all out!! I know we tried a lot of boys in the league but Monaghan are a Championship team who have been knocking on the door for a few years now and I think we will need to be closer to full strength to beat them.

Anyway my team for Sunday is:

Gillis
McGuckin McCloy GOK
Cartin BMG Sean Leo
Doc Diver
Lynn Murphy Mullan
P Bradley E Bradley S Bradley

E Bradley being out at HF with Murphy

Logan

You're kidding right?

You're going to do like last year and play the biggest threat to Monaghan in the half forward line?

Leave EB on the inside line last year Monaghan were delighted to see paddy bradley on the 40 and winning ball where he could do nothing.

Is BMG fit?

Oakleafer93

Gillis

Mc Guckin
Mc Cloy
G O Kane

SL Mc Goldrick
Barry Mc Goldrick
P Cartin

Doc
James kKelt

Lynn
Murphy
Lynch (If he is deemed fit) or else Mullan

Eoin Bradley
Paddy Bradley
Seamus Bradley

SidelineKick

Quote from: screenexile on May 18, 2009, 01:09:12 PM
Starting to get worried about this game. Muldoon, Lockhart, Lynch, McCusker, Patsy Bradley all out!! I know we tried a lot of boys in the league but Monaghan are a Championship team who have been knocking on the door for a few years now and I think we will need to be closer to full strength to beat them.

Anyway my team for Sunday is:

Gillis
McGuckin McCloy GOK
Cartin BMG Sean Leo
Doc Diver
Lynn Murphy Mullan
P Bradley E Bradley S Bradley

E Bradley being out at HF with Murphy

Agree with your team except for one - Seamus Bradley.  Thats not in a disrespectful way, I just think in terms of game time throughout the year he wouldn't be a starter come Sunday. Could be wrong!

I would probably play Barry McGuigan there.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Logan

I'd love to see GOK out further - he turned the game at the start of the second half last year by attacking and playing up tighter on Damien Freeman who had dropped back.
Also is SLMG ok to play?

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Logan on May 18, 2009, 01:28:01 PM
You're kidding right?

You're going to do like last year and play the biggest threat to Monaghan in the half forward line?

Leave EB on the inside line last year Monaghan were delighted to see paddy bradley on the 40 and winning ball where he could do nothing.

Is BMG fit?

If I am picking this up right, then I agree with you, don;t play the two Bradley together as Paddy is likely to be double marked, if they play him out further from goal it'll bring their defenders out and leave Eoin in on his own, a few goals could be the order of the day, eh Kind Larrson??

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Logan on May 18, 2009, 01:36:55 PM
I'd love to see GOK out further - he turned the game at the start of the second half last year by attacking and playing up tighter on Damien Freeman who had dropped back.
Also is SLMG ok to play?

Think Barry kitted out for Colreraine v Bellaghy and SL didn't, luckily enough we have a good lock of defenders i.e B Mc Alary

GoK usually does play far out in a Ricey type way they he often picks up a point or 2, he is a great sweeping defender.

Rav67

OL93 - how can you advocate playing J Keilt at midfield in Ulster championship ahead of Diver?  Not ready for that position at senior inter-county for a few years yet if ever.  Wouldn;t have Seamy Breadley or B Mullan on either ideally but I suppose with the injuries there is a lack of options now in the forwards.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Rav67 on May 18, 2009, 01:52:48 PM
OL93 - how can you advocate playing J Keilt at midfield in Ulster championship ahead of Diver?  Not ready for that position at senior inter-county for a few years yet if ever.  Wouldn;t have Seamy Breadley or B Mullan on either ideally but I suppose with the injuries there is a lack of options now in the forwards.

Diver can be a bit of a liability of times, I admit it's a bit of a gamble to put him into midfield after just being out of Minors 2 years but It might pay off, no harm in trying it and if it isn't working out then he could be moved to forwards and Diver put in Midfield. Any Kilrea people on here think this is viable?

screenexile

Well with Lynch injured and E Bradley a viable option on the 40 I think Bumble is our best option as an inside forward along with Paddy. I suppose we will find out when the team is named I guess.

Logan

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 18, 2009, 01:37:07 PM
You're kidding right?

Is BMG fit?

If I am picking this up right, then I agree with you, don;t play the two Bradley together as Paddy is likely to be double marked, if they play him out further from goal it'll bring their defenders out and leave Eoin in on his own, a few goals could be the order of the day, eh Kind Larrson??

No just play the two boys in the FF line and let the ball in ala Donegal last year

If they struggle, crowd it or double team, then move in either a bigger FF for the boys to play off or bring PB out.
But bringing the best Fwds in the game out the field is ludicrious

Logan

Quote from: screenexile on May 18, 2009, 02:01:40 PM
Well with Lynch injured and E Bradley a viable option on the 40 I think Bumble is our best option as an inside forward along with Paddy. I suppose we will find out when the team is named I guess.
I think you'll find out 2 minutes after the ball is thrown up

Main Street

Pity there are no Derry fans slagging off Dick Clerkin this year,
worked very well for that Clones game :)

QuoteP Bradley E Bradley S Bradley

Bad enough for us to facing one Bradley, but 3 of them?

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Logan on May 18, 2009, 02:02:41 PM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 18, 2009, 01:37:07 PM
You're kidding right?

Is BMG fit?

No just play the two boys in the FF line and let the ball in ala Donegal last year

If they struggle, crowd it or double team, then move in either a bigger FF for the boys to play off or bring PB out.
But bringing the best Fwds in the game out the field is ludicrious

But if they are played one on 40 on in full forward it'll make it harder for Monaghan to know which one to concentrate on marking, but if they are both in together it solves that problem as they can just crowd out the defence.