Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doire Peadar

Doire will take it with 4-5 points to spare, and going by the turn outs at championship matches in the past in CP and the fact Derry matched if not beat Donegals support in the first round of the champiohsip last year, i expect a good turn out from the Derry gaels  ::)

billy the kid

Quote from: Logan on May 02, 2009, 02:37:07 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 02, 2009, 02:00:42 PM
Eoin's a good man for a goal alright, it'll be interesting to see who's on him, I'd imagine Dessie will have Paddy again.

You mention Monaghan getting an absolute plastering against Armagh, what game was that? 2004? If so then it's completely different to now.

I don't think Dessie started on him last year as he was on the 40 ....  ::)

But after watching Dessie last week I think Monaghan have a problem there as even though the new rules are gone I think ref's are starting to look at the things Dessie Moen does off the ball more. :o :o
(Yeh, it's completely different now, Monaghan were like boys against men, McGrane and McGeeney etc.) But it's funny Monaghan have not changed that much I think.

About time, his main problem is he attemps to play UFC on a GAA pitch.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Maguire01

Quote from: billy the kid on May 03, 2009, 06:05:58 PM
Quote from: Logan on May 02, 2009, 02:37:07 PM
Quote from: Schkite on May 02, 2009, 02:00:42 PM
Eoin's a good man for a goal alright, it'll be interesting to see who's on him, I'd imagine Dessie will have Paddy again.

You mention Monaghan getting an absolute plastering against Armagh, what game was that? 2004? If so then it's completely different to now.

I don't think Dessie started on him last year as he was on the 40 ....  ::)

But after watching Dessie last week I think Monaghan have a problem there as even though the new rules are gone I think ref's are starting to look at the things Dessie Moen does off the ball more. :o :o
(Yeh, it's completely different now, Monaghan were like boys against men, McGrane and McGeeney etc.) But it's funny Monaghan have not changed that much I think.

About time, his main problem is he attemps to play UFC on a GAA pitch.
What? The Ulster Football Championship?

Main Street

It must be hard for the Derry supporter to stomach the though of another encounter with the fierce hard men from Monaghan.

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/311279/5000/

Oakleafer93

Keep it up Main Street, from the looks of this thread it the Monaghan boys doing all the talking, that photo won't be much use to youse if you end up empty handed this year.

Main Street

Schkite

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 04, 2009, 05:29:15 PM
Keep it up Main Street, from the looks of this thread it the Monaghan boys doing all the talking, that photo won't be much use to youse if you end up empty handed this year.

:D This is great craic! How are the Monaghan boys doing all the talking? All Main Street is showing is a typical picture which shows Monaghan aren't a big or burly team, especially up against Derry, something that some posters were suggesting earlier(yourself included). On the contrary, most of the talking is being done by the Derry ones. Sure you started the thread yourself, and seem to building up Derry a good bit, like saying they've one of the best midfields in the country when someone else suggested they could improve there. And nearly all the predictions are for a handy enough Derry win, mostly by Derry people too. (And sure why not, everything points to a Derry victory)
But yeah, it's the Monaghan boys doing all the talking!  ::)

Anyway, really looking forward to the match now, only 3 weeks away!
See Monaghan beat the Dubs in Corduff earlier. But more importantly, JP took off injured and it doesn't look the best. :-\

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Schkite on May 04, 2009, 06:53:31 PM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 04, 2009, 05:29:15 PM

:D This is great craic! How are the Monaghan boys doing all the talking? All Main Street is showing is a typical picture which shows Monaghan aren't a big or burly team, especially up against Derry, something that some posters were suggesting earlier(yourself included). On the contrary, most of the talking is being done by the Derry ones. Sure you started the thread yourself, and seem to building up Derry a good bit, like saying they've one of the best midfields in the country when someone else suggested they could improve there. And nearly all the predictions are for a handy enough Derry win, mostly by Derry people too. (And sure why not, everything points to a Derry victory)
But yeah, it's the Monaghan boys doing all the talking!  ::)

Anyway, really looking forward to the match now, only 3 weeks away!
See Monaghan beat the Dubs in Corduff earlier. But more importantly, JP took off injured and it doesn't look the best. :-\

Nonsense. Nearly all the predictions are for a tight game. Sure go ahead and build a siege mentality from thin air.

Any Derry posters not taking Monaghan seriously need to shown a couple of videos.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Captain Black

On behalf of the Derry folk id like to apologise for oakleafer93 who has a lethal combination of being both self righteous and thick  ;)

Schkite

Right fair enough whiskeysteve, to say "nearly all" predictions was an exaggeration, but a select few stuck in the mind when I was looking through the thread there, saying there's "no chance Derry will let this slip", and Derry would have 4-5 to spare and that type of thing.

Main Street

I suspect that Banty will look at all angles to lift the Monaghan team up to Derry Size.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Captain Black on May 04, 2009, 08:58:30 PM
On behalf of the Derry folk id like to apologise for oakleafer93 who has a lethal combination of being both self righteous and thick  ;)

Shut up you idiot.

Oakleafer1993

Captain Black

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 04, 2009, 10:34:40 PM

Shut up you idiot.

jog on to the hoganstand would ye. you talk a brave amount of dung. hope lavey draw slaughtneil and get stuffed with mckaigue playing a blinder after having a know it all like you run him down

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Captain Black on May 05, 2009, 12:03:08 AM
Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 04, 2009, 10:34:40 PM

Shut up you idiot.

jog on to the hoganstand would ye. you talk a brave amount of dung. hope lavey draw slaughtneil and get stuffed with mckaigue playing a blinder after having a know it all like you run him down

Here I have nothing against Mc Kaigue I do think he's a decent enough player but just that decent I don't think he's exceptional. Anyway, it appears you can't have an opinion on here without getting mauled for it.