Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on April 29, 2009, 08:38:04 AM
Quote from: Schkite on April 28, 2009, 08:07:33 PM
Ray McCarron's son Jack on it now and seems to be scoring well, and did in the VEC run by the sounds of it, so it'll be interesting to see if he lives up to the aul boy!

He has a big pair of boots to fill there! (for a small man!)
I've come across a few talented youngsters who tend to take after one of their uncles rather than their father.
Case in point with Paul Finlay, he looks to have cloned the style of his uncle.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2009, 05:18:14 PM
Ray McCarron's son Jack on it now and seems to be scoring well, and did in the VEC run by the sounds of it, so it'll be interesting to see if he lives up to the aul boy!

I've come across a few talented youngsters who tend to take after one of their uncles rather than their father.
dunno
young woods makes nudie look like a saint !  :D

Main Street

I like the shirt slogan this year,  FKM  ;D

thebandit

Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2009, 05:18:14 PM

Jim & Oisin McConville got the football from their uncle Gene Morgan.

On Jack McCarron, Hugo Clerkin is his uncle, Dick & Ben are his cousins, but he's the total image of his father on the field, in no way Clerkin-like, except he solos as much as Dick does ;D

Main Street

I see the PP book has opened for the game.
Has Derry at luke warm odds on
Derry 8/13  Monaghan 13/8   draw 15/2

I would have expected that Derry be much warmer favs considering they are comfortably a top Div 1 team playing at home and Monaghan have just come in there by the side door.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Main Street on April 30, 2009, 01:51:49 PM

I would have expected that Derry be much warmer favs considering they are comfortably a top Div 1 team playing at home and Monaghan have just come in there by the side door.

Monaghan have beaten derry the past 2 meetings...how would anyone in their right minds suggest that Derryt could be favourites for this game with those stats. Monaghan are now a division 1 team also.

Main Street

Max, are you insinuating that I  (and Paddy Power) are not in their right minds?

No wonder you Derry lads have a bit of trouble getting that mental balance right :)

thebuzz

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 30, 2009, 01:58:58 PM

Monaghan have beaten derry the past 2 meetings...how would anyone in their right minds suggest that Derryt could be favourites for this game with those stats. Monaghan are now a division 1 team also.

And there is absolutely no way that Monagahan will play the way they did against Cork on the next day out. As far as I could see they weren't even trying half the time.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Main Street on April 30, 2009, 02:04:13 PM
Max, are you insinuating that I  (and Paddy Power) are not in their right minds?

No wonder you Derry lads have a bit of trouble getting that mental balance right :)

to use a similar analogy...Tyrone have beaten Kerry in their past 4 c'ship meetings......now if Tyrone were to meet Kerry in the c'ship, who would be favourite....my guess it would be the one who has not got beaten by the other team. Its a plain as the nose on your face

Main Street

Would you offer 6/4 against Derry winning, considering Monaghan's recent championship record against Derry and their new Div 1 status?

Main Street

Quote from: thebuzz on April 30, 2009, 02:07:35 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 30, 2009, 01:58:58 PM

And there is absolutely no way that Monagahan will play the way they did against Cork on the next day out. As far as I could see they weren't even trying half the time.
Monaghan were outplayed by a Cork team trying harder and playing better, just like when they were beaten by Kildare.

Sometimes you just have to see games for what they are without looking for hidden meanings.

Maguire01

Will the 'home' aspect be much of an advantage to Derry? What's the new capacity of Celtic Park - is it likely to be all ticket? Unless the number of Monaghan fans is restricted (by capacity), them Monaghan will probably at least match Derry's support.

Oakleafer1993

I think it is 22,000 - not sure what the score will be with the new stand. It definitely will be ticket only.

Celtic Park will hold massive advantage for Derry.

Maguire01

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on May 01, 2009, 09:22:34 AM
I think it is 22,000 - not sure what the score will be with the new stand. It definitely will be ticket only.

Celtic Park will hold massive advantage for Derry.
If it's 22,000 it wouldn't need to be ticket only. Brewster Park wasn't close to full last year for our first round and Monaghan/Fermanagh would probably be a bigger crowd.

Why will Celtic Park hold a massive advantage?

Katchit

Playing at home usually offers an advantage so I can't see why this would be different for this game.