Lá na gClub

Started by screenexile, April 25, 2009, 04:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Well seeing as Lá na gCLub is nearly upon us on 10th May I was just wondering what clubs are doing with this "Special Day" to focus on our own clubs. I would have thought it best to have a rake of matches on all over the place but the GAA have decided all clubs aren't allowed any competitive games and they have to do something to focus on themselves.

We're having a meeting on Monday night to decide what to do which is more than likely a bit of a gathering and a few bouncy castles... Any clubs doing anything interesting?

DownFanatic

We are having a marquee at the club grounds all weekend. On the Saturday night we will be holding a Quiz. On the Sunday we will be having a parade through the village. Then we will have a blessing and the official naming of our pitch which will be named in the memory of the late Jack Kielty, father of Paddy.
We are also going to have underage football exhibitions, a sports day plus various different bouncy castles and that for the U-16s.
For those over 16s we are going to have a 45m competition plus a Parish 7s competition with different novelty rules for each team.
There will also be a bbq on the Sunday and then on the Sunday night we will have a band playing in the marquee to round off the weekend.

magpie seanie

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 25, 2009, 05:25:56 PM
We are having a marquee at the club grounds all weekend. On the Saturday night we will be holding a Quiz. On the Sunday we will be having a parade through the village. Then we will have a blessing and the official naming of our pitch which will be named in the memory of the late Jack Kielty, father of Paddy.
We are also going to have underage football exhibitions, a sports day plus various different bouncy castles and that for the U-16s.
For those over 16s we are going to have a 45m competition plus a Parish 7s competition with different novelty rules for each team.
There will also be a bbq on the Sunday and then on the Sunday night we will have a band playing in the marquee to round off the weekend.

Sounds very like what we are doing.

carol6

Was talking to a lad today who was at a function in Killyclogher last night. He was saying they have organised a whole weekend of activities ranging from primary schools competitions, mixed teams seven a side, exhibitions and various social functions. Sounds like it's going to be a busy weekend in Ballinamullen. I would imagine most clubs should try to be as creative as possible and use this as an opportunity to really promote the work being done in their clubs. This could encourage the people in their parishes who are not active members to become more involved in the association.

DownFanatic

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 25, 2009, 05:25:56 PM

Croke Park has just circulated an email saying that bouncy castles are not allowed on GAA premises.

mattockranger

well folks need help!

anyone have any experience with time capsule's

wat they have used and what they have put in it

all feedback and help welcome!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Canalman

Dead right there Down Fanatic. Insurance doesn't cover "Bouncy Castle" injuries...... also excluded surprise surprise are Bungee Jumps.
The full email is I think on Res Dubs.

heffo

Dear Secretary,

I have had a few enquiries from clubs who are considering getting Bouncy Castles in connection with the 125 celebrations and in this regard all clubs should be informed that Bouncy Castles are not allowed on any GAA Grounds.

The following is a list of activities not allowed on GAA Grounds:-

1.   Any event where the attendance exceeds 500 persons.
2.   Mechanical Rides and/or Amusements Devices/Fairgrounds/Machinery/Circuses/Motorised Vehicles
3.   Bouncing Castles/Inflatables and/or Trampolines
4.   Motorised Sports/Racing/Aircraft or other Aerial Devices
5.   Showjumping
6.   Horse Racing
7.   Donkey Derbies or the use of Animals ( other than domestic cats and dogs )
8.   Bunjee Jumping
9.   Parachute Jumping
10.   Abseiling or Rock Climbing or other dangerous activities
11.   Rock or Pop Concerts
12.   Fireworks Displays
13.   Dances/Discos run on a commercial basis for the personal benefit of a Hirer or their Shareholders
14.   Political Party Functions or Meetings.   
15.   Any activity on the Public Highway.

These activities were always excluded under the GAA Liability Programme and had also been highlighted as excluded under the original Hirer Scheme.

Kind regards

John

Louth Exile

A pity about the Donkey Derbey one  :D

Here is what our club is at, bouncy castles and all (well, we'll see about the bouncy castles)
http://www.thejoesgfc.com/newsArticle.php?id=43

Mattock, I would suggest plenty of photos, the 1982 intermediate championship team, the senior squad photos from this decade, Damien Reid at the all stars banquet. You could also put in the piece of Alan O'Connors leg that he lost during a row in collon during the 80's, I'm sure its probably still being kicked around the place down there.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

GrandMasterFlash

My home club has the following organised (excert from club notes):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Killeevan / Cill Laobháin
Club Notes – 07/05/09

La na gClub
Keep this Sunday 10th may free in your diaries for our 125 celebrations.
Fun day lined up with activity for all the family. Congregating at the hall for parade to the field at 1.30. All kids to wear club colours and being their blue and white flags. Followed by ceremonial activity including unveiling of plaque, tree planting, turning of sod on new development. Then football blitzes for all ages followed by novelty races events for all the family.. Finally two exciting exhibition matches for both men and women. BBQ available throughout the day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm takin part in the 'exhibition' game which should be eventful...

thebandit

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 07, 2009, 02:06:01 PM
My home club has the following organised (excert from club notes):

Killeevan / Cill Laobháin
Club Notes – 07/05/09

La na gClub
Keep this Sunday 10th may free in your diaries for our 125 celebrations.
Fun day lined up with activity for all the family. Congregating at the hall for parade to the field at 1.30. All kids to wear club colours and being their blue and white flags. Followed by ceremonial activity including unveiling of plaque, tree planting, turning of sod on new development. Then football blitzes for all ages followed by novelty races events for all the family.. Finally two exciting exhibition matches for both men and women. BBQ available throughout the day.

I'm takin part in the 'exhibition' game which should be eventful...

Will the women supporters take part in the game or will they just give out as usual.......

bredaghgael

Bredagh GAC Belfast 125 Events

Club Day (La na gClub)
Don't miss our weekend of activities to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the GAA.Saturday 9th May:Bredagh Celebration Mass in Good Shepherd Church at 6pm. Disco for Year 8, 9 & 10 pupils in Saint Bernadette's Hall from 8pm to 10pm. Admission £3.Folk Night in An Droichead Cultural Centre from 9pm to 12.30pm. Admission £5 BYO.Sunday 10th May:Fun Day in Cherryvale from 2pm to 5pm. Bouncy castles, face painting, rounders, magician and more! Admission Free. Bring your family and friends.Ceili Mor in Saint Bernadette's Hall from 8pm to 11.30pm. Admission £5.Children free if accompanied by an Adult

armaghniac

Anywhere doing a spot of wife-rolling to get the ladies involved?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bredaghgael

Quote from: hardstation on May 08, 2009, 12:02:52 AM
Bouncy castles again...............

I'm afraid so HS.Why don't you come along as you've threatened in the past to attend Bredagh events?
It is free after all. ;)

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: hardstation on May 08, 2009, 12:26:46 AM
Fcuk sake, all sorts of c***ts will land in saying "I'm hardstation and here's my two mates".
:D

Bring your family if you want HardStat