Mortimer & Reilly attacked in Ballymun

Started by Zulu, April 23, 2009, 02:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Hoganstand and AFR are reporting the Conor Mort and Kevin Reilly were attacked by a gang in Ballymun and Reilly was hospitalised, any truth to this and if so are the injuries being reported exaggerated?

The Claw

From Hoganstand

Mortimer and Reilly attacked by gang

23 April 2009
Mayo star Conor Mortimer and Meath's Kevin Reilly were hospitalised after an alleged attack by a gang in Ballymun on Tuesday evening last.

The pair, who are students in nearby DCU, both required treatment after the attack which occurred outside a shop. And while Mortimer was released from hospital on Tuesday night, it is understood that Reilly was detained for eye treatment.

Mortimer is currently recovering from a broken hand he suffered in Mayo's final NFL outing against Tyrone a fortnight ago, while International Rules star Reilly is facing a suspension after being red-carded during last Sunday's tempestuous Meath SFC first round clash between Navan O'Mahony's and Seneschalstown at Pairc Tailteann

orangeman

Jesus - not good  -

We're very close to the tragic incident that happened in Cookstown over the weekend. There by the Grace of God ...............

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Canalman on April 23, 2009, 03:32:05 PM
Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón.

So the mouthy culchies were asking for it then? (Unless my Irish has really gone to pieces)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Claw

If you're going by Reilly's srón, he doesn't seem to learn!

mannix

too bad it wasn't kenneth mortimer, a different outcome.

thejuice

Jesus, thats bad. Hope they're alright. Crowd of scumbags no doubt.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hoopeddefender

the two lads might have been talking when they should have been listening
'I don't want an apology, I want a locked back door.'

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on April 23, 2009, 03:32:05 PM
Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón.

Is that because you know something or because there was a Meath/Mayo man involved?

MWWSI 2017

bingobus

Quote from: Hoopeddefender on April 23, 2009, 04:27:25 PM
the two lads might have been talking when they should have been listening

What shite, two lads get a beating and its straight away something they deserved.  ::)

Hope the fella's fists are ok.

Hoopeddefender

I said they might have been talking when they should have been listening. There is another thread on this site where people from my county - Tyrone -, Armagh, Derry, Down and rural Antrim think it is alright to lip at locals over in Belfast whenever they want. Possibly the same case with those who go to DCU.

full back

Quote from: Hoopeddefender on April 23, 2009, 04:45:05 PM
I said they might have been talking when they should have been listening. There is another thread on this site where people from my county - Tyrone -, Armagh, Derry, Down and rural Antrim think it is alright to lip at locals over in Belfast whenever they want. Possibly the same case with those who go to DCU.

Are you fior real?

Hoopeddefender

It is a possibility. Just cause there intercounty GAA players doesn't mean they mightn't start fights they can handle. Ballymun has a bad rep and people will be quick to judge. Lets wait until we get the full story. Could just be a cause of two lads on the rip biting off more than they can chew.

full back

Quote from: Hoopeddefender on April 23, 2009, 04:59:33 PM
Lets wait until we get the full story. Could just be a cause of two lads on the rip biting off more than they can chew.

Define irony ::)