Martinoneillsandroykeanesrepublicofireland.

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 22, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Roy Keane as a player was someone everyone would want on their team but obviously doesn't have waht it takes to be a manager (yet).  Maybe he should drop down a couple of divisions and work upwards. 

Jeez he must be hard to live with at the min.  God help the wife and kids.  You'd also hate to be his mate at the min.  Can you imagine how bad the coversation would be over a few pints?

magpie seanie

Quote from: under the bar on January 08, 2011, 11:42:01 PM
Roy Keane as a player was someone everyone would want on their team but obviously doesn't have waht it takes to be a manager (yet).  Maybe he should drop down a couple of divisions and work upwards. 

Jeez he must be hard to live with at the min.  God help the wife and kids.  You'd also hate to be his mate at the min.  Can you imagine how bad the coversation would be over a few pints?

Funny enough I have a hunch that he's not too bad about it.

CiKe

Certainly no Keane fan, and not even a soccer fan and never commented on this thread (feel necessary to clear that up right at the start given the diametrically opposed views on Keane on here). But seems an unnecessary article. Couple of fair paragraphs about Giggs, Scholes and then some of Roy's unnecessary rants, but a bitchy article kicking someone when they're down, strikes me as rather pathetic.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: screenexile on January 09, 2011, 01:31:22 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/maybe-he-failed-to-prepare-2489412.html
I think it hits the nail on the head, but as you say Keane does divide opinion! Going to quote Tom Humphries from yesterday's Irish Times here, think it sums it up fairly well...
.. Thats the thing. The blessing and the curse for the man. Very few of us can ever look at Roy Keane dispassionately. And that quality, the ability to sharply divide  opinion, that is what will keep him working.

The Real Laoislad

Not going well for Ipswich today,pity I like to see them do well always had a soft spot for them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: CiKe on January 09, 2011, 03:34:55 PM
kicking someone when they're down, strikes me as rather pathetic.

Bit ironic to defend Keane with a statement like that
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

It's a very good, harsh, biting article. The unfortunate truth being that you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

If Roy was a journalist that is the kinda thing he would have written in the past.

Bingo

CiKe

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 09, 2011, 03:45:16 PM

Instead of pathetic, I considered hypocritical, obviously should have gone with that, if you construe my comment as a defence of Keane. Your own opinions on the man are well known, but criticising criticism of him is not defending him. I just happen to think it is sh*t journalism as opposed to biting, and all too easy to do - don't think there is anything new in the article whatsoever, just rehashing of various musings from multiple commentators in the past.  That doesn't stop it containing some valid points however.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: CiKe on January 09, 2011, 04:50:51 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 09, 2011, 03:45:16 PM

Instead of pathetic, I considered hypocritical, obviously should have gone with that, if you construe my comment as a defence of Keane. Your own opinions on the man are well known, but criticising criticism of him is not defending him. I just happen to think it is sh*t journalism as opposed to biting, and all too easy to do - don't think there is anything new in the article whatsoever, just rehashing of various musings from multiple commentators in the past.  That doesn't stop it containing some valid points however.
It's the Sunday independent, shite journalists writing shite articles is what they Di best. I thought everyone knew that at this stage. I still reckon Roy will be back and will do a good job with some other team. The great Brian clough even had times like this.

The Real Laoislad

I thought PM's were Private Messages?
I won't post the PM's you sent me crying and whinging about me having a go at your hero,which made me send that PM in the first place as I was tired of your moaning,anything to shut a woman up and all that.
I have more class..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

QuoteFrom: gaaboard.com <admin@gaaboard.com>

Eh..........which of ye is admin?
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Thats the email notification about the PM. All those notifications come from admin@gaaboard.com