Martinoneillsandroykeanesrepublicofireland.

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 22, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Milltown Row2

A sad response. though very typical  of Irish men
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sammymaguire

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 16, 2011, 07:31:17 PM
A sad response. though very typical  of Irish men

He always has nice designer stubble going on eh MR2?  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

gallsman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 16, 2011, 11:09:49 AM
He referred to Ireland qualifyng several times as they this, they that, there fans,  etc... which without being pedantic i found disappointing, it annoys me when i hear the english born Irish players doing that but even more so Roy shouldnt be at it imo, I dont think utv or the brit public would mind him refer to his country as we...i just dont get it.

As mentioned before, you were disappointed by Marty Clarke writing "Northern Ireland" on his arm, so forgive me for not caring if Roy upset you.

Have always maintained that Keane is a bollocks, but the fact he said "they" instead of "we"? Cop the f**k on like.

Main Street

mountainboii

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 16, 2011, 07:27:52 PM
Poor old Roy. He has turned into a true gobshite. Now his football management career is over, he decides to get into something he abhorred 3 years ago. Total Baffoon. And he rarely does have much interesting to say and ITV should be careful he doesnt get them into shit loads of trouble by doing a Big Ron impression somewhere down the line.

That's a bit low. Haven't you enough stuff in his back catalogue to whinge about without groundlessly supposing that the man is racist?

leaveherinsir

He is back and still dividing opinions as sharply as ever!!
No LL yet either  :D

sammymaguire

Quote from: AFS on November 16, 2011, 08:28:57 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on November 16, 2011, 07:27:52 PM
Poor old Roy. He has turned into a true gobshite. Now his football management career is over, he decides to get into something he abhorred 3 years ago. Total Baffoon. And he rarely does have much interesting to say and ITV should be careful he doesnt get them into shit loads of trouble by doing a Big Ron impression somewhere down the line.

That's a bit low. Haven't you enough stuff in his back catalogue to whinge about without groundlessly supposing that the man is racist?

Wasn't necessarily calling him a racist, although he did say live on telly at half time in the Villareal v City game that what else would you expect from the Spanish when they were diving, hardly racist tho

Good old KeanO - legend
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

EC Unique

Best player ever to have pulled on the Irish jersey. I'm sure he would not give 2 fcuks what a bunch of nobodies on here think of him.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: EC Unique on November 16, 2011, 09:32:06 PM
Best player ever to have pulled on the Irish jersey. I'm sure he would not give 2 fcuks what a bunch of nobodies on here think of him.

He couldn't lace Liam Brady's boots
Careful now

Milltown Row2

far better player than Brady Doug. Brady was a great player,  but  Roy was a greater player.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonah

Quote from: EC Unique on November 16, 2011, 09:32:06 PM
Does Georgie Best not count for wearing an Irish shirt   ;)

Aside from him you are probably to young to remember the likes of John Giles playing for Ireland, he was as good as Keane IMO.
Brady is probably the most naturally gifted player to ever play for us.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

thewobbler

It's probably been said before, but Roy Keane could have raped and buggered Mother Teresa in front of a classroom of disabled children, and some of his fans would still worship the ground he walks on.

He was a very fine footballer, but that shouldn't disguise his troubled nature.

Main Street

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 16, 2011, 08:50:27 PM
[
Wasn't necessarily calling him a racist, although he did say live on telly at half time in the Villareal v City game that what else would you expect from the Spanish when they were diving, hardly racist tho

Good old KeanO - legend

Ironic that Roy was the first player to be booked in the EPL for diving to win a penalty.

A great player and no slighting of his ability not be regarded as one of our greatest.
Is he any good at the punditry thing? can't be that difficult to sound intelligent on ITV, isn't Andy Townshend there?