Martinoneillsandroykeanesrepublicofireland.

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 22, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: screenexile on November 16, 2011, 09:36:37 AM
Good to see Keano showing his loyalties again last night . . . why do people all around Ireland continue to worship this man?? It's beyond me!!

Not Keane's biggest fan and didn't see the England game but how was he being disloyal by being a studio pundit?  Handy money I'd say when you see the rest of them.

Denn Forever

I'd say he was for fortright than Southgate anyway.  And RTE have their pundits sorted.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

SLIGONIAN

He referred to Ireland qualifyng several times as they this, they that, there fans,  etc... which without being pedantic i found disappointing, it annoys me when i hear the english born Irish players doing that but even more so Roy shouldnt be at it imo, I dont think utv or the brit public would mind him refer to his country as we...i just dont get it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

muppet

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 16, 2011, 11:09:49 AM
He referred to Ireland qualifyng several times as they this, they that, there fans,  etc... which without being pedantic i found disappointing, it annoys me when i hear the english born Irish players doing that but even more so Roy shouldnt be at it imo, I dont think utv or the brit public would mind him refer to his country as we...i just dont get it.

MWWSI 2017

ross matt

Roy was being loyal to "Team Roy". Nothing new in that. He'll probably develop his punditry career now and morph in to Eamon Dunphy.

screenexile

NAG1

Sure why dont RTE go and get another Trevor Stevens or Graham Souness for their panels, I hear Mark Hately is looking some TV work.

Dinny Breen

Roy in Nov 2008

QuoteI was asked by ITV to do the Celtic versus Manchester United game but I've done it once for Sky and never again. I'd rather go to the dentist.

'You're sitting there with people like Richard Keys and they're trying to sell something that's not there.

'Any time I watch a game on television, I have to turn the commentators off. They say "he's playing well" and I'm thinking "no, he's not."

'My advice to anyone is don't listen to the experts, just watch the game and gather your own opinions.

'There are ex-players and ex-referees being given air-time who I wouldn't listen to in a pub.'
He's a hypocrite, very hard to respect his opinions these days, a caricature of himself.
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

You've lost me with that one Dinny - Are just getting cranky?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Declan on November 16, 2011, 02:50:28 PM
You've lost me with that one Dinny - Are just getting cranky?

No just stupid, forgot to put in the quote..
#newbridgeornowhere

ballinaman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 16, 2011, 11:09:49 AM
I've seen lads getting lambasted on this site for saying "we" when talking about a club team they support or follow. He must be wary of the gaaboard i'd say....and obviously feels he has no connection to the team itself now, hence they instead of we....
It is annoying all that being said.

Denn Forever

As a pundit, how was he? Didn't see the game or highlghts. Did he tell it as it was (maybe England played well) or did he trot off the usual platitudes?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Still the best soccer player that was born in Ireland. was voted onto the most premier teams of the season also (i think) so considering his vast experience and knowledge of the game I'd say he'd be a quality pundit. I find it strange so many Irish men dislike him.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haveaharp

sammymaguire

Poor old Roy. He has turned into a true gobshite. Now his football management career is over, he decides to get into something he abhorred 3 years ago. Total Baffoon. And he rarely does have much interesting to say and ITV should be careful he doesnt get them into shit loads of trouble by doing a Big Ron impression somewhere down the line.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!