Martinoneillsandroykeanesrepublicofireland.

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 22, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Leaving to join United, enough to break the heart of any Forest fan! I think the quote below the one you highlighted  says more about Keane tho.

magpie seanie

How long before someone says he walked out on Ipswich?

muppet

Quote from: leaveherinsir on January 07, 2011, 05:05:20 PM
Leaving to join United, enough to break the heart of any Forest fan! I think the quote below the one you highlighted  says more about Keane tho.

If I recall from his book he was pissed off at other players not having pulled their weight that season, including senior players.
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Is their any other job in the world that you can do so bad but walk out the door with millions?

Hopefully Roy & Rafa don't take up any more managing jobs as it will stop RLL starting these silly threads.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ross4life on January 07, 2011, 05:28:57 PM
Is their any other job in the world that you can do so bad but walk out the door with millions?

Taoiseach
You'll Never Walk Alone.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: muppet on January 07, 2011, 05:23:03 PM

If I recall from his book he was pissed off at other players not having pulled their weight that season, including senior players.
That would be a common enough theme with Roy, "im right and the rest of the world is wrong" The question is "Is Roy Keane a muppet?"  ;)

The Worker

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2011, 05:06:12 PM
How long before someone says he walked out on Ipswich?

He didnt  make them look good before walking!

Boycey

Quote from: leaveherinsir on January 07, 2011, 06:50:16 PM

That would be a common enough theme with Roy, "im right and the rest of the world is wrong" The question is "Is Roy Keane a muppet?"  ;)

Thats my missus mantra too

Milltown Row2

Roy is a legend, as a footballer he is up there with the best. As a manager he had one good spell and hasn't cut the mustard.

I think Liverpool supporters would prefer to rip the back out of Ireland's best player than talk about the demise of the once great Liverpool.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

supersarsfields

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2011, 07:40:44 PM
Roy is a legend, as a footballer he is up there with the best. As a manager he had one good spell and hasn't cut the mustard.

I think Liverpool supporters would prefer to rip the back out of Ireland's best player than talk about the demise of the once great Liverpool.

On this thread I would imagine they would alright....

muppet

Would it really? Any chance of backing any of that shite up?
MWWSI 2017

leaveherinsir

Quote from: muppet on January 08, 2011, 04:13:29 AM

Forest, United, Ireland, Celtic, Sunderland, Ipswich maybe! P.S. Lighten up sir, only a wee joke that last comment :)

The Real Laoislad

The more I think about it I think the question is "Is muppet Roy Keane?"
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Quote from: leaveherinsir on January 08, 2011, 03:12:04 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 08, 2011, 04:13:29 AM

Forest, United, Ireland, Celtic, Sunderland, Ipswich maybe! P.S. Lighten up sir, only a wee joke that last comment :)

Memo to self: don't post at 4am after pints.
MWWSI 2017

orangeman

Eamon Dunphy has said that he believes Roy Keane is not suited to management, and that he is unlikely to get another managerial job following his sacking as Ipswich Town boss.

Speaking on Morning Ireland, Dunphy told Darren Frehill that he was not surprised by Keane's sacking. Under the Cork man, Ipswich have lost 10 of their last 14 games.

Dunphy said: "The results have been very poor, and he has been sniping at the club for not giving him money to buy players. I don't think he is cut-out for management. His record at Sunderland was OK, but the constant stories of fights with players and his public denunciation of his own players are bad signs. I don't think Roy Keane is cut-out temperamentally for management. You have to respect other people".

Dunphy also believes that Keane was too vocal at press conferences and tended to speak his mind:

"A lot of his press conferences are bizarre to say the least. Journalists love him because he is always controversial. A football club should always be about the team and the players, and I think that having such a high-profile and controversial character as manager puts a spotlight on players who are really only Championship players. They are journeymen, I was one myself, and there is enough pressure inherent in being that. When he arrived at Ipswich in a glare of publicity, and with the targets he set himself, this increased the pressure on what are, basically, ordinary players".

Keane had moderate success as a manager when he teamed up with former Ireland team-mate, Niall Quinn at Sunderland.

Dunphy added: "He got promotion at Sunderland, and they were close to the bottom of the table when he arrived, but he was still a remote figure to the players. I have spoken to players who played for him there and he wasn't liked. He was feared actually, and you can't get results on a continuing basis if players are afraid of you. I don't think he will get another job in football. He has proved, like many great players, to be unable to do the difficult job (of management)".

Dunphy was not entirely critical of Keane however, and did offer some praise:

"The other thing to be said about Roy Keane is that he is a remarkable man. He has five beautiful children and a very nice wife. He is taking care of his parents and friends in Cork, and he has never forgotten where he has come from. There are an awful lot of positives in Roy Keane's story and in his life".