Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: ExiledGael on May 27, 2007, 07:39:31 PM
Did Mellon get a straight red?
Does that not rule him out of Donegal game

he will be suspended for 4 weeks at club level and will miss next year's intermediate championship 1st round game in tyrone
as I cant see the moy staying in senior now given the league restructuring.

sam03/05

with regards the melee
Cavanagh in my opinion pulled his man to the ground out of sheer frustration and this started the melee. I had watched Cavanagh for about 2 minutes before the melee began. He had tried to make about 5 or 6 off the ball runs as he does. On each occassion he was tripped and wrestled to the ground. at least two of these happened right in front of the linesman, cavanagh shouted for help from them but was ignored. He was completly frustrated ran over and pulled a Kildress player to the ground - then the melee began.
Mellon deserved to go threw at least four or five punches. Fran Loughran and his brother Martin should have went to. Then Fran compounded this by kicking Sean in the head later in the game.

hightower

KIDDO

Shane Dorrity Coalisland , was the referee.

orangeman

Mickey Hughes has more than that to answer for - he walked off the field a month ago in Ardboe after a bit of handbags - he should retire gracefully and keep walking the roads -

Norf Tyrone

A reminder of how promotion and relegation are working this year, now that we are 1/4 way through the season.

Division 1.

Top 10 teams in    1A

Top 2   teams in   1B

Intermediate Champions

Intermediate League winners

Final 2 positions play off between 11th in 1A against 4th in 1 B and 12th in 1 A and 3rd in 1B

Division 1 must include senior champions of 2007. If senior champions in bottom 2 then 3rd team from bottom replaces them in play off.
If senior champions come from 1B and outside top 2 in that division then only 1B winners promoted. 2nd team in Division 1 B replaces 4th team in 1B

Division 2

2 losers of promotion relegation play off

Junior Champions

Junior League winners

8 remaining teams in 1B

4 next 4 highest placed teams in Div2

Division 3

All remaining teams
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

new devil

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 28, 2007, 09:09:55 PM
with regards the melee
Cavanagh in my opinion pulled his man to the ground out of sheer frustration and this started the melee. I had watched Cavanagh for about 2 minutes before the melee began. He had tried to make about 5 or 6 off the ball runs as he does. On each occassion he was tripped and wrestled to the ground. at least two of these happened right in front of the linesman, cavanagh shouted for help from them but was ignored. He was completly frustrated ran over and pulled a Kildress player to the ground - then the melee began.
Mellon deserved to go threw at least four or five punches. Fran Loughran and his brother Martin should have went to. Then Fran compounded this by kicking Sean in the head later in the game.

Is there any call to name players?? and your wrong it wasnt fran who kicked cavanagh... you would need to get your fracts right before you come on here slandering people!

amigo

Was drivingh to Armagh last night and noticed an awful smell when heading through the Moy. I stopped and asked someone about it and they said it reeked of sour grapes !!! :D

orangeman

My suggestion with regard to championship matches in Tyrone is that referees are brought in from outside the county to referee these matches - then no one can accuse referees of bias - I see Shane Dorrity getting slagged about the match the other night - but Shane would have been doing his best and now all of a sudden the team that were beat are saying he was rubbish and should have done this or that. So let's take this out of the equation and fans can go happy in the knowledge that the referee was completely neutral. What does anybody else think ? Perhaps there should be a panel of referees for all of Ulster's club championship matches, so for instance a Donegal ref. could take charge of a game in Down etc. etc.

Hereiam

When does the draw for the next round take place?

goal and a point

This weekend after the last match

sam03/05

New Devil - you have said to me that it is wrong to name players.
However in your previous posts you yourself have named players. You have mentioned Sean and Colm Cavanagh, accused them of cheating (diving), and have said that  you have heard that both should have been sent off. Not bad for someone who wasnt at the match.
What is the difference in me naming two players/brothers from Kildress and you naming two players/brothers from Moy? I am simply doing the same as yourself and giving my opinion that those two Kildress players should have been sent off, much the same as you are doing.

new devil

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 29, 2007, 07:11:25 PM
New Devil - you have said to me that it is wrong to name players.
However in your previous posts you yourself have named players. You have mentioned Sean and Colm Cavanagh, accused them of cheating (diving), and have said that  you have heard that both should have been sent off. Not bad for someone who wasnt at the match.
What is the difference in me naming two players/brothers from Kildress and you naming two players/brothers from Moy? I am simply doing the same as yourself and giving my opinion that those two Kildress players should have been sent off, much the same as you are doing.

Sean and colm cavanagh are on the tv and in the papers ever week thats the difference
The point i was trying to make was that you accused the wrong player!

sam03/05

just because they are on TV and in papers does that give them the right to be treated different from any other player on the pitch? Surely they should all be treated the same? If we are going to discuss a match then surely we can discuss individual players. Regardless of profile. I still believe I did not name the wrong person in earlier thread. I was at the game afterall and saw it happen.

new devil

Well iam only going by what players who were playing seen.... but sure what would they know  ;D