Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

One Armagh man must have been happy last night, the coach of Errigal, Dinny O'Kane.  I wonder did he get any stick from the sideline with Armagh losing?

sam03/05

Sean Cavanagh and Colm were simply not allowed to play football.

orangeman

Same with Brian Mc Guigan in Aygharan - good players get targeted.

amigo

Give it a rest orangeman we are all getting a little bit tired of your story. I am sure Brian would rather you laid it to rest also.

new devil

Quote from: sam03/05 on May 28, 2007, 04:53:14 PM
Sean Cavanagh and Colm were simply not allowed to play football.

What a surprise.... What did you expect kildress to stand back and marvel at there skills? its CHAMPIONSHIP football of coarse there going to get special treatment any team in the county would do the same.. so dont come on here talking shit about kildress being dirtiest team in tyrone

sam03/05

I know that Kildress have to try and stop them and have no issue with that.
I have issue however with the fact that ref and linesmen stood and watched, allowed rugby tackles, and dangerous tackles nearly every time they touched the ball, without showing yellow/ red cards.
I also have a major issue with the fact that as Cavanagh was on the ground a Kildress player kicked him in the head.
And also the behaviour of the Kildress substitutes after the final whistle when the game was won.

Stop them playing by all means, but it must be done within the law - otherwise its up to ref/ linesmen etc to do something about it.
I am not alone in thinking this 5 of us went to game, all neutral, one even from a different county. Kildress tactics were the only discussion on the way home. each person was disgusted.

new devil

Well i wasnt at the game,but from what ive heard from family and friends the two cavanagh's should of got the line! any truth in that?

sam03/05

didnt see them do anything which merited a red card.
sean pulled a man down to the ground out of frustration but got booked for it.
I would love to watch that game again and count the amount of times he and his brother got fouled.

orangeman

Amigo - I don't knw what club you're from but if yuo had a Brian Mc Guigan and got him smashed, you'd be annoyed as well - so have a think about that and maybe have a chat with Brian and see what he thinks -

MoyMan

Quote from: new devil on May 28, 2007, 05:52:31 PM
Well i wasnt at the game,but from what ive heard from family and friends the two cavanagh's should of got the line! any truth in that?

From what you've heard, what was the reason they should have got the line??

new devil

Were they "fouls" the cavanagh's have a habit of going to ground without much contact, how did the row before half time start? who played well for kildress?

MoyMan

Sam; just wondering about your opinion on the melee that broke out in front of the stand before half time when Mellon got sent off.

How could the refferee have singled out Mellon alone? I can admit that Mellon did strike out but he was by no means the only one!!!

I dont think anyone from Kildress even got booked??!!!

new devil

Didnt go into details,moy man you have to expect the county players to get special treatment, I no if kildress had county players i wouldnt like it either but its just part of the game...

Why didnt the ref send of any kildress players if they were that bad?

Tyrone Dreamer

Didnt see the 1st few minutes of the game last night but was very disappointed with the way the county players were treated. The Cavanaghs and Jordan were continually targeted and the officials offered no protection. Although Im of the opinion that clubs should come 1st I wouldnt blame Harte for asking for no more club matches with county players until Tyrone are out. Its is becoming dangerous for the better county players to play club football with dirty hits coming in every time they try to run. In relation to the row it looked to me like the number 8 wrestled Cavangh to the ground who tried to protect himself and a number of other Kildress players ran in. A number of Moy players them became involved. A number of punches were thrown including a few decent one's from Mellon. He was singled out and sent of. Think Cavanagh and his man were booked which was a joke as Cavanagh was defending himself. Why would he want to get involved in a wrestling match of the ball with some clown who obviously couldnt keep up with him? If Mellon was picked out then so should the man from Kildress who started the row. I also saw Jordan getting hit of the ball which the linesman saw and Cavanagh stood on whilst he was down. If this sort of stuff can happen in a championship game with a ref 2 linesmen and 2 umpires then  imagine the possibilities in a league game. If Tyrone are serious about winning anything the squad should be given a 2 week break. On a different note Errigal looked impressive and should be championship favourites with a we bald man at 15 looking very sharp!

MoyMan

Quote from: new devil on May 28, 2007, 06:09:06 PM
Didnt go into details,moy man you have to expect the county players to get special treatment, I no if kildress had county players i wouldnt like it either but its just part of the game...

Why didnt the ref send of any kildress players if they were that bad?

I totally understand that they will get special attention, i have no problem with that and the lads themselves are aware that its coming. But when you dont get any protection from the officials AT ALL. questions need to be asked.

The referee should have put his authority on the game earlier to cut the bad challenges out, thus letting a game of football develop. The problem was the fouls weren't punished and so the perpetrators knew they could continue to get away with it.

BTW the referee wasn't missing everything, he continously blew up for picking the ball off the ground, even at times when it seemed to be picked up correctly. Knows some of the rules then