Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 17, 2011, 10:36:55 PM
Quote from: healypark on April 17, 2011, 10:02:34 PM
Quote from: Shadylimp on April 17, 2011, 09:49:15 PM
Think we'll wait and hear what happened before naming and shaming.

Cowardly and thuggish act. Single punch from behind. Game officiated by Cathal O'Hagan. This incident was missed by match official and majority of the crowd. Broken jaw in 2 places with a number of teeth knocked out. Currently he is in Altnagelvin Hospital undergoing surgery. What a way to start the club season for him  >:(

Hope they're shamed!!! should have stayed in div 2 if thats the carry on they're goin to start! disgusting!

Just heard the whole story - dirty dig from behind! - McMahon away for emergency op on jaw tonight in altnagelvin! bad doin - shame!!

Shadylimp

Dirty dig from behind for nothing??
'Oh honey I didn't get drunk. I just went into a strange fantasy world'

Radda bout yeee

omagh_gael

Hope Joe has a speedy recovery and is back playing football as soon as possible. Hopefully the scumy fcuker who done him gets named, shamed and properly dealt with. If it is proven that this was a dirty blind sided slap then he should put him before the courts. Only way to stop these 'hard' men.

Overthebar!

sounds horrific. wish him a speedy recovery! I was actually thinking about this sort of incident during a club game myself today. If an incident like such happened what would you do? I thought I wasn't one for involving the Police in GAA ' what happens on the pitch stays there' etc but then I realised that is bullshit! how else is this man to get justice for such a cowardly attack? go and beat the dung out of him on a night out? Sure that would be as bad. I echo the sentiments of the others and hopefully his club doesn't have to name and shame this coward but he is man enough to step forward himself and deal with the consequences...

Final Whistle

Moy were outclassed yesterday by a rampant Trillick. Good hard game played at a high tempo. Trillick were by far the better team and fully deserved their win.

Goats Do Shave

Big Joe always seems to be a decent big crater, on & off the field. Very surprised at anyone targetting him.

Shame.

clarshack

stewartstown not at the races in the 1st half against edendork. looked like we were still playing division 3 football.
we were 9 points down after 15 minutes and it was game over.
edendork have improved immensely though and have serious pace throughout their team.
niall morgan kicked a few off the ground that even maurice fitzgerald would have been proud of.
edendork need to treat visiting players a bit better though. their players had access to a changing room while we were left to do everything out on the pitch - not good enough in this day and age.

EC Unique

Cookstown offered little resistance in Dunmoyle yesterday. They will struggle in Div1 this year IMO.

clarshack

joe mcmahon incident sounds like a bad doing. hope he makes a full recovery.

as for naming and shaming - its very unlikely to happen. when was the last time a club named and shamed one of their own?

Fuzzman

Surely somebody from Omagh must have spotted it.

I totally agree about naming & shaming and even charging this guy.
How often have we watched our county stars get a hard time from opposing teams and dare I say it even from refs looking to make a name for themselves.

I expect it to be all swept under the carpet as usual cos of no evidence as no-one will speak out. Scandalous.

Dooher & Stevie received their usual special attention yesterday with Dooher getting a straight red near the end for striking out and Stevie's man (The FB) was having wee digs at him all day. Its part and parcel of the game but ye have to wonder how do our county men put up with it. Bursting their asses all week training and then getting such a hard time. I know its always been like this so its part and parcel but when it goes OTT like with Joey then its too much.

The ref sent off the Loughmacrory keeper for a strange incident yesterday.
We hit a shot that looked wide from where I was and our umpire waved wide on his side. The other umpire, who was the ref's man I think, waved a point.
Everyone went mad shouting and then the umpire calls in the ref. Next thing he's chatting to the keeper and then sends him off.
He then sent Dooher off straight red for retaliation striking and another Clann defender for a second yellow.
Loughmacrory looked very sharp to be fair and their off the ball running into space was excellent. They kicked a lot of short kickouts with such diagonal runs.

Radda bout yeee

Anyone from Eskra on the board? How did you think the game went yesterday? No 8 for you's was a very good player - whats his name? He really lifted yous when yous went down by a point!

Wee Roddy

If fairness Dooher gets special treatment when playing for the county as well. Has he ever got a straight red in the Tyrone jersey? I wonder is it a sign that he is frustrated at his body not being able to get to the places that he wants to go to?

Carmen and Clonoe had a tough encounter yesterday on Carmens second pitch. I must say I missed the atmosphere that the stand brings to games in Carmen. Our defence was outstanding again. I must say from ground level both teams looked in great shape with Carmen finishing very strong. Its very encouraging to see how fit the more experienced lads are at this time of the year

stalwart

clarshack, give te dork a break , they are nearly finished their clubrooms

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 18, 2011, 10:44:36 AM
Surely somebody from Omagh must have spotted it.

I totally agree about naming & shaming and even charging this guy.
How often have we watched our county stars get a hard time from opposing teams and dare I say it even from refs looking to make a name for themselves.

I expect it to be all swept under the carpet as usual cos of no evidence as no-one will speak out. Scandalous.

Dooher & Stevie received their usual special attention yesterday with Dooher getting a straight red near the end for striking out and Stevie's man (The FB) was having wee digs at him all day. Its part and parcel of the game but ye have to wonder how do our county men put up with it. Bursting their asses all week training and then getting such a hard time. I know its always been like this so its part and parcel but when it goes OTT like with Joey then its too much.

The ref sent off the Loughmacrory keeper for a strange incident yesterday.
We hit a shot that looked wide from where I was and our umpire waved wide on his side. The other umpire, who was the ref's man I think, waved a point.
Everyone went mad shouting and then the umpire calls in the ref. Next thing he's chatting to the keeper and then sends him off.
He then sent Dooher off straight red for retaliation striking and another Clann defender for a second yellow.
Loughmacrory looked very sharp to be fair and their off the ball running into space was excellent. They kicked a lot of short kickouts with such diagonal runs.

I wouldn't call the treatment special - i'd call it normal in loughmacrory!  ;D