Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: onthepitch on August 27, 2010, 11:15:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2010, 10:48:51 PM
Dromore are missing a good few but am still shocked at the scoreline.

I did reckon that Carrickmore were hurt hugely by last years defeat to Dromore and I couldn't see Dromore repeating the dose 2 years in a row.

Orangeman
As you are a frequent board subscriber I have a couple of Q's for you
Do you think that Omagh will inflict similar pain on Ardboe as revenge for last year. Didn't they blame big John for being too rough!
Do you think Errigal and the Fianna will be close?

The club championship in Tyrone as past few years has been fairly open and it's the same this year.

Omagh will want to turn us over given that we beat them last year but hopefully they'll not inflict the same pain as Carrickmore did tonight on Dromore. The Carrickmore result seems almost freakish considering how successful this Dromore team have been over the past 7/8 years.

I fancy Errigal to win a close contest. Coalisland ought to have beaten Errigal a few years ago in Dungannon but for a bit of timely intervention by Pascal.

onthepitch

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2010, 11:58:21 PM
Quote from: onthepitch on August 27, 2010, 11:15:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2010, 10:48:51 PM
Dromore are missing a good few but am still shocked at the scoreline.

I did reckon that Carrickmore were hurt hugely by last years defeat to Dromore and I couldn't see Dromore repeating the dose 2 years in a row.

Orangeman
As you are a frequent board subscriber I have a couple of Q's for you
Do you think that Omagh will inflict similar pain on Ardboe as revenge for last year. Didn't they blame big John for being too rough!
Do you think Errigal and the Fianna will be close?

The club championship in Tyrone as past few years has been fairly open and it's the same this year.

Omagh will want to turn us over given that we beat them last year but hopefully they'll not inflict the same pain as Carrickmore did tonight on Dromore. The Carrickmore result seems almost freakish considering how successful this Dromore team have been over the past 7/8 years.

I fancy Errigal to win a close contest. Coalisland ought to have beaten Errigal a few years ago in Dungannon but for a bit of timely intervention by Pascal.
Any thoughts on Derry championship

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: onthepitch on August 28, 2010, 12:11:19 AM

What way does your betslip look like so far?  ;)

onthepitch

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 28, 2010, 12:13:09 AM
Quote from: onthepitch on August 28, 2010, 12:11:19 AM

What way does your betslip look like so far?  ;)
Coleraine
Glenullin
An Lub
Slaughtneil/Ballinderry ???

el_cuervo_fc

Zapatista

Thanks to the Dromore lads for the great years they've given us. I look forward to the remainder of the league and more Championships.

Tommo2

Quote from: gerry on August 27, 2010, 10:59:33 PM
Never thought there were so many anti dromore posters on here.
Why

I think it is the lack of humility they showed throughout their period of dominance> Constantly goading other players. Even though the game was over as a contest after the 2nd goal, it was good to see some of teh Dromore men get a bit of their own medicine back. No sympathy on them. Sort of enjoyed watching Ricey shouting at the ref with 10 mins to go as if the ref was at fault.

Zapatista

QuoteNever thought there were so many anti dromore posters on here.
Why

The price of success. You see the same delight across the Country at Tyrone being beat. Petty stuff really.

Quote from: Tommo2 on August 28, 2010, 08:26:59 AM
I think it is the lack of humility they showed throughout their period of dominance> Constantly goading other players. Even though the game was over as a contest after the 2nd goal, it was good to see some of teh Dromore men get a bit of their own medicine back. No sympathy on them. Sort of enjoyed watching Ricey shouting at the ref with 10 mins to go as if the ref was at fault.

::) ::)

You complain about Dromore goading and congratulate Carrickmore for it.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Looks like Dromore have been to the well too often. Fair play to Cmore for fully exploiting that. Think Errigal may have too much for Cisland. Will be amazed if people come away from the Omagh/Ardboe talking about anything other than the referee!!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Awesome performance by Carmen last night, but it was just one of those days where everything went right. All the players were in the right position, Gormley was very effective at mid-field knocking balls down. Caolan Daly was unmarkable hat HF and MacGyver played outstanding. The whole thing just came together well. Carmen were fairly disciplined and turned over countless Dromore attacks and I think they may have had just 4-5 wides maybe the whole game.

You couldn't pick out one Dromore player that played well. Montgomery scored a good point for the first score of the game, but that was about the only decent passage of play they had. Colm McCullugh was barely in the game.

Carrickmore showed guts and determination for every ball, never once lifting the foot off the pedal. Suited the team going in as underdogs and I think too many Dromore players had some of Carmen's poor league results at the back of their heads and took the thing a bit too casually.

A favourable draw for the semis and you never know.  :-X
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Carmen Stateside

Some experts on this site. Not one of you give Carmen a chance. We havent gone away you know!!
Delighted with the result, and orangeman so what if Dromore had people missing do you actuallly think Snowy would have made that big a difference? 
Ricey getting roasted by an 18 year old says it all.
Just hope we dont get Kildress!

EC Unique

Well done CS. I was one of the ones who thought Dromore had too much but I hold my hands up now, fair play to Carmen on a fantastic result. Could it be the return of the big 2 in Tyrone football? Tonight will tell us more!

Carmen Stateside

I really hope so ECU.  Would rather get yourselves in semi, not saying it will be easy, but Carmen can get up for an Errigal game easier than say getting drawn against Kildress.
In fairness Coalisland comes first for you! Good luck!

Tommo2

Quote from: EC Unique on August 28, 2010, 09:27:14 AM
Well done CS. I was one of the ones who thought Dromore had too much but I hold my hands up now, fair play to Carmen on a fantastic result. Could it be the return of the big 2 in Tyrone football? Tonight will tell us more!

I thought Linfield and Glentoran were the big 2!

Ricey was very poor last night. Not only did the 18 yr old get the better of him, but the other 2 forwards who were on him also.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on August 28, 2010, 08:58:33 AM
Awesome performance by Carmen last night, but it was just one of those days where everything went right. All the players were in the right position, Gormley was very effective at mid-field knocking balls down. Caolan Daly was unmarkable hat HF and MacGyver played outstanding. The whole thing just came together well. Carmen were fairly disciplined and turned over countless Dromore attacks and I think they may have had just 4-5 wides maybe the whole game.

You couldn't pick out one Dromore player that played well. Montgomery scored a good point for the first score of the game, but that was about the only decent passage of play they had. Colm McCullugh was barely in the game.

Carrickmore showed guts and determination for every ball, never once lifting the foot off the pedal. Suited the team going in as underdogs and I think too many Dromore players had some of Carmen's poor league results at the back of their heads and took the thing a bit too casually.

A favourable draw for the semis and you never know.  :-X

a favourable draw??? Surely there are no favourable draws left at the semi stage! Lol you talking about the tones :D

ps was glad to see carmen win last night as even though Carmen have nearly always got the better of Kildress always found then easier to stomach than dromore!