Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Quote from: Muzz on May 04, 2007, 09:04:59 PM
Coalisland destroyed Omagh 2-19 to 1-8.  And Ardboe beat Stewartstown 2-13 to 0-8 at Edendork ;-)

All the hype about the island must be true! look like serious contenders now!!.... did mcguigan play any part tonight??

clarshack

not that it really matters now but i think the correct score was ardboe 2-12 stewartstown 0-8. i thought it was a lot closer game than the scoreline suggets. we had good possesssion but missed plenty of chances especially in the 1st half. brian mcguigan didnt play any part. i guess theres no disgrace as ardboe are going to hand out plenty more beatings this year.

sam03/05

Coalisland looked awesome tonight
although I have to say Omagh looked very poor. Justin and Joe McMahon were woeful.
Why were coalislands Toner and Banes not in the Tyrone under21 squad? - indeed I think banes is good enoughfor the senior squad. what a footballer he is. covers every blade of grass

na cleirigh

watched coalislamds conor banes/baynes last year in macrory cup for dungannon against the abbey. he really is that good. amazingly never picked for county minors.
If you have nothing nice to type, type it anyway but be prepared for the on slaught

clarshack

i see on bbc teletext it says ardboe breezed through the game. they certainly didnt breeze through midfield where i though john devlin and mickey mulgrew were outstanding for the harps. Ok ardboe were in control but we gave them plenty to think about as roger keenan said after. we had about 3 goal chances which would have been taken against any team outside the top 4 in 1A only for defending of the highest quality. maybe im wrong but i felt our performance tonight would have been good enough to beat most 1B teams and the lesser 1A teams. for me its between ardboe and the fianna for the championship especially with brian mcguigan coming back and what a final that would be providing they are kept apart. speaking as a neutral no-one wants to see errigal and carmen in the final anymore - its been played out! the last few county finals have been dull but what a cracker an ardboe fianna final would be.

chuck hughes

Fist of all, Well done this evening to the blues. A great performance from the lads. The job was done, and then we had to be ruthless about it in the last 15 mins, though it must be said the score line flattered us in the end up! Credit has to go to Donnelly and o'farrell as coaches along with senior fitness gru Noal Skelelton who has prepared this team over the last 6 weeks. It was notable how well we were prepared: from the warm we done. The lads were totaly tunned in. We wont get carried away however, Loughmacrory will provide us with determination and desire to the hilt!!
Conor Bayne is a class act, capt of queens freshers and a very committed fella for us. All the lads hold him in great esteem. Philly has started to play great stuff. the management took the captaincy off him in recent weeks and give it to Pete. This has worked well, as big pete is  a true club leader, a great organiser and coach, and philly is playing with no  pressure on him. I also thought that kerr and wee shaun galvin (making his first start) were fantastic.
Interetsing note, 10 players who won an
ulster minor club medal in Jan 07 were involved in the island squad the night. 8 of the starting 15 were u21 with the likes of stevie curren, paddy mc neice comming on as subs who are still minors. The future is good for us, but its back to the grind stone for on tues night.
From an east tyrone perspective, Brian Toner is as good as prospect as Haughey, Mc Mahon , Mc Nabb and Mc Nulty. He hit 5 points the night, not bad for a lad who tuned up to the game wearing his academy uniform!!
Now Liam Donnelly....Does it not make you sick not picking, philly, brian, beano and gareth devlin(stewtstown) as part of the u21s??? I hope either the island or Ardboe bring the o'neill cup east!!!

Big Mickey

what was supposed to be a good contest between two very young (17 u-21's on the field at a guesstimate) talented up and coming teams never really materialised.omagh only realy showed their quality for about the middle ten mins of the 1st half,after that coalisland took control and omagh let them run away with it.fair enough, the scoreline flattered na fianna because alot of the their at the end came from breaks after omagh were chasing the game up the field and left their defence exposed time and time again.

Alot of credit for omaghs demise has to go to the managment for employing such strange tactics,pushing up the field just left omaghs defence exposed with too much space in front of them and the forward line with no space to work in. add in the fact that none of omaghs big players preformed (or just werent interested).joe mcmahon probably the worst player on the field and it gave them no hope. Na fianna preformed well yes, but they cudnt have not help but play well against such a disorganised omagh team.phily toner played well but remember he left the u-21 panel through his own choice,he wasnt dropped.Brian is very good but needs to be judge in a tighter game and at a higher standard to be heralded as the next big thing. big neways, na fianna are thru and have a very good chance of going the whole way.

as for gareth devlin, his heads away and the u-21 managment had no choice but to drop him for his attitude.

realredhandfan

Unfortunately man management is important at intercounty level too.  For one reason or another it probably cost Tyrone an ulster title.

Tyrone Dreamer

Francie

From what I could see Peter was more than lucky to stay on the field tonight???

Carmen Stateside

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Carmen Stateside

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

KIDDO

In Fintona this afternoon , Moy defeated Aygharan 0.9, to, 0.7 , while Dromore defeated Trillick 1.15,to 0.9 , with both Eoin mc Cusker for the winners , and Niall Gormley for the losers , registering 8 points each . Bad news for Tyrone supporters, was the  knee injury  that forced county star Martin Penrose   to retire during the second half of his sides 2 points defeat to Moy , in the first championship tie at Fintona, and which will  likely rule him out of the Tyrone v Fermanagh Ulster championship game on May 20th.