Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

Quote from: MR99 on June 22, 2010, 05:15:55 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 22, 2010, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: MR99 on June 22, 2010, 01:51:44 PM

I've been to all Tyrone games this year and all but one of clubs league games. Every time I go to a club game I don't feel the need to slag of the county in order to say that I enjoy it. Don't understand why some posters feel the need to constantly take digs at Harte and Tyrone. In relation to club games the season will be completed by October/November with all 15 games played and playoffs + championship. A lot of county players will probably play as many competitive games for their clubs this year as county.
Oh great, finished by November, that would be wonderful ???.  What about the club players having to play a minimum of 3 (or more if replays as in the case of Omagh a few years ago) championship games inside 14 days to complete the championship in time for the Ulster Club, that's just a wonderful scenario isn't it.  And the last 3 rounds of the championship being played in the worst weather of the year, this really makes the club players feel valued!  As you are a Moy man, you seem to take the same attitude as the Moy county men in that you have little regard for club football.

On what grounds do you say they have little regard for club football?  They have played 5 league games this year winning 4 of them and hardly ever miss a game they are allowed to play in. That comment is a load of nonsense. I do agree though that the club season could be better run. Should probably start a few weeks earlier as teams training anyway and should be less breaks before county games.
Definitely agree there should be less breaks between county matches.  Micky continuosly flouts the 13 day rule that is in place insisting on usually 20 days.  Will he let the round of unstarred games go ahead on the 4th July???  Lets see. 

I am not saying they Moy boys dont want to play for their club, but big Sean is the most vocal of players at Tyrone meetings whenever some fringe players ask to get playing for their club in starred games.  He doesn't want the likes of the Ardboe men playing starred games despite having little chance of featuring for Tyrone and is known to be the first Tyrone player to speak up against any such ideas.
[/quote]

Strange when you consider that both Cavanagh and Jordan broke the starred rule in place way back in '04. How reliable is your source MR99. Would seem strange to me that Sean would jastise others for breaking a rule that he once flouted himself. No?

Quote from: goal and a point on June 22, 2010, 05:44:12 PM
I am not saying they Moy boys dont want to play for their club, but big Sean is the most vocal of players at Tyrone meetings whenever some fringe players ask to get playing for their club in starred games.  He doesn't want the likes of the Ardboe men playing starred games despite having little chance of featuring for Tyrone and is known to be the first Tyrone player to speak up against any such ideas.

Was it not Sean who rang mickey in regard to Ronan McNabb
[/quote]

No-it certainly was not. Not a line of communication that would be exercised too many times in a year especially for something as trivial as the above.

MR99

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 23, 2010, 10:31:33 AM
Quote from: MR99 on June 22, 2010, 05:15:55 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 22, 2010, 03:10:21 PM
Quote from: MR99 on June 22, 2010, 01:51:44 PM

I've been to all Tyrone games this year and all but one of clubs league games. Every time I go to a club game I don't feel the need to slag of the county in order to say that I enjoy it. Don't understand why some posters feel the need to constantly take digs at Harte and Tyrone. In relation to club games the season will be completed by October/November with all 15 games played and playoffs + championship. A lot of county players will probably play as many competitive games for their clubs this year as county.
Oh great, finished by November, that would be wonderful ???.  What about the club players having to play a minimum of 3 (or more if replays as in the case of Omagh a few years ago) championship games inside 14 days to complete the championship in time for the Ulster Club, that's just a wonderful scenario isn't it.  And the last 3 rounds of the championship being played in the worst weather of the year, this really makes the club players feel valued!  As you are a Moy man, you seem to take the same attitude as the Moy county men in that you have little regard for club football.

On what grounds do you say they have little regard for club football?  They have played 5 league games this year winning 4 of them and hardly ever miss a game they are allowed to play in. That comment is a load of nonsense. I do agree though that the club season could be better run. Should probably start a few weeks earlier as teams training anyway and should be less breaks before county games.
Definitely agree there should be less breaks between county matches.  Micky continuosly flouts the 13 day rule that is in place insisting on usually 20 days.  Will he let the round of unstarred games go ahead on the 4th July???  Lets see. 

Strange when you consider that both Cavanagh and Jordan broke the starred rule in place way back in '04. How reliable is your source MR99. Would seem strange to me that Sean would jastise others for breaking a rule that he once flouted himself. No?

***  My source is three separate county men from 2 different clubs, think it should be reliable alright!!

Quote from: goal and a point on June 22, 2010, 05:44:12 PM

Was it not Sean who rang mickey in regard to Ronan McNabb
[/quote]

No-it certainly was not. Not a line of communication that would be exercised too many times in a year especially for something as trivial as the above.
[/quote]
***  Tell the Dromore boys that as they say he picked up the phone and made a call as soon as McNabb ran on, it was a bit suspicious.

nrico2006

Quote from: kicking king on June 23, 2010, 10:17:49 AM
what do u guys make of Greencastle going to county board to get their result against Pomeroy overturned on the grounds that Pomeroy had an under 16 playin.  Poor form I think.  COuld they receive a bit of Karma over this a la Les Bleus in the Copa Mundial?

If thats true then its very embarrassing as well as being distasteful.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

goal and a point

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 23, 2010, 10:52:08 AM
what do u guys make of Greencastle going to county board to get their result against Pomeroy overturned on the grounds that Pomeroy had an under 16 playin.  Poor form I think.  COuld they receive a bit of Karma over this a la Les Bleus in the Copa Mundial?

There was a similar incident in ulster minor club few years ago where i think was Ballinderry had fielded an u14 - not sure what the outcome was

Radda bout yeee

Never would have had the castle down for touts! lol  ;D

longrunsthefox

It is poor form-if true- and should be keeping quiet that they lost to a side with an under 16 player on it.

tyrone86

Quote from: goal and a point on June 23, 2010, 12:58:44 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on June 23, 2010, 10:52:08 AM

There was a similar incident in ulster minor club few years ago where i think was Ballinderry had fielded an u14 - not sure what the outcome was

Nothing but that was because Cavan Gaels never officially reported it from what I was told, and young Bell didn't play in the competition after it.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 23, 2010, 01:33:06 PM
It is poor form-if true- and should be keeping quiet that they lost to a side with an under 16 player on it.
what competition was this in?
pomeroy & greencastle arent in the same division in senior & there is nothing wrong with playing a u16 in a minor game  ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

kicking king

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 23, 2010, 02:13:50 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 23, 2010, 01:33:06 PM
what competition was this in?
pomeroy & greencastle arent in the same division in senior & there is nothing wrong with playing a u16 in a minor game  ???

It was in under 21s and it is definitely true.  check out the under 21 results on the tyrone website

Norf Tyrone

I think you can play two levels below, so surely that if its U21 that includes minor and U16?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

amigo

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 23, 2010, 02:46:41 PM
I think you can play two levels below, so surely that if its U21 that includes minor and U16?

Wrong !!

on the sideline

Have many clubs been hit with players heading of to the USA for the summer and are there many big name players gone/going?

On a seperate note, am I right in saying that any player who was on a county panel from minor to senior level cannot play reserve championship?  I think this was brought up on here last year, but not sure.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: amigo on June 23, 2010, 04:57:23 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 23, 2010, 02:46:41 PM

Wrong !!

Fair enough. So what's right?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

barelegs

Quote from: on the sideline on June 23, 2010, 05:38:02 PM
On a seperate note, am I right in saying that any player who was on a county panel from minor to senior level cannot play reserve championship?  I think this was brought up on here last year, but not sure.

That was correct last year anyway. Derrylaughan got thrown out of the reserve championship last year after Liam Gervin played against the Rock.

And on a separate note Derrylaughan beat Clonoe by 3 points in the Under 21 championship tonight and join Ardboe in the quarter finals from group 1A.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility