Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Yip, whoopy-do Tyrone and all that, bring on the club championship!

nothingbettertobeat

Can Help but it but comment on the performance of Tomas Canavan for the Tyrone Minors yesturday. standard of his scores was exceptional.crazy at times
hes def living up to the standards his namesake has set within tyrone anyway thats for sure.
looks a goodin if ye ask me
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

ceol agus peil

Tuesday 22nd
June @ 7.30pm

O'Neill's
Under 21:

G2A: Beragh v Urney

G2A: Gortin v Loughmacrory

G2B: Kildress v Donaghmore

G2C: Galbally v Augher

Wednesday 23rd June
@ 7.30pm

O'Neill's
Under 21:

G1A: Clonoe v Derrylaughlan

Friday 25th
June

@
Killyclogher

Target
Express Junior Football Championship 1st Round @ 6.45pm

Brocagh
an Eiméidigh v Deargais an Piarsaigh Óg

Target
Express Intermediate Football Championship 1st Round @ 8.15pm

Eiscreach
an Eiméidigh v An Baile Nua Naomh Eoghain (E.T. if required)

O'Neills All County Football
League Division 2 @ 6.45pm (Reserve) & 8.15pm (Senior)

Strabane
v Eglish

O'Neills All County Football
League Division 3 @ 6.45pm (Reserve) & 8.15pm (Senior)

Dungannon
v Brackaville

Fintona
v Clogher

Stewartstown
v Killyman

Owen
Roes v Drumquin

Tattyreagh
v Errigal Ciaran III

An
Charraig Mhor III v Beragh

Saturday 26th
June

@
Pomeroy

Target
Express Junior Football Championship 1st Round @ 4.00pm

Gleann
Eallaigh Naomh Seosamh v Doire Treasc Fír an Chnoíc

Target
Express Intermediate Football Championship 1st Round @ 5.30pm

Clann
na nGael v Cill Íseal Naomh Mhuire

Sunday 27th
June

Target
Express Junior Reserve Football Championship Preliminary Round Replay @ 12.00pm

Stewartstown
v Beragh (E.T. if required)

Target
Express Senior Football Championship 1st Round

@
Carrickmore

2.00pm
– Achadh Ui Áráin Naomh Damhóg v Ard Bó Uí Dhonnabháin Rosa

3.30pm
– Airgeal Chiaráin v An Chorr Chríochach an Athar Mhic Con Carraige

@
Loughmacrory

6.15pm
– An Mháigh Thír Na nÓg v An Ómaigh Naomh Eanna

7.45pm
– Coill an Chlochair Naomh Mhuire v An Charraig Mhór Naomh Colmcille

Sent from my iphone

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roes 1-11 Glenelly 1-13 in the ACL today. Was only there for a few minutes, but I hear we were very unlucky to lose after leading most of the way.

Landmark for us today with the reopening of Pairc an Ghleanna after 2 years major development. Looks the part too, especially in that weather!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 19, 2010, 10:11:46 PM
Yip, whoopy-do Tyrone and all that, bring on the club championship!

+1

Zapatista

Quote from: maximus on June 19, 2010, 07:31:06 PM
Good result today. Hopefully that means club championship goes ahead next week. No reason for it not to with Ulster final not until 18th July.

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/2010/06/22-county-players-return-for-club-championship/

EC Unique

Tommo2

Predictions for SFC this weekend:
Errigal to beat Cookstown 5 points
Carmen to beat Killyclogher - 5 Points
Omagh v Moy - Omagh 2 points
Ardboe to beat Aghyarn by 6.

longrunsthefox

Anyone else feel that most GAA folk in Tyrone are more eagerly awaiting the club championship than inter-county. I know I certainly am and many I be chatting to . Maybe it is all the success of Tyrone in recent years there isn't that same appetite for it. Was a time getting to an All Ireland semi-final was such excitement and in 2008 hardly a flag went up till a week before the final. Ulster final last year the players didn't even bother to do a lap of honour.
The treatment of clubs recently also soured a lot of people... any thoughts?   

Redhand Santa

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 21, 2010, 05:28:31 PM
Anyone else feel that most GAA folk in Tyrone are more eagerly awaiting the club championship than inter-county. I know I certainly am and many I be chatting to . Maybe it is all the success of Tyrone in recent years there isn't that same appetite for it. Was a time getting to an All Ireland semi-final was such excitement and in 2008 hardly a flag went up till a week before the final. Ulster final last year the players didn't even bother to do a lap of honour.

There are a lot of negative people about who are never happy including yourself. Judging by the support for early championship games it seems there is still good interest in Tyrone. Nothing wrong with supporting both club and county.

maximus

It hardly makes him a negative person to prefer to watch his club play than to watch Tyrone. What's wrong with acknowledging the fact that a lot of people now take Tyrone's success for granted? I would much prefer to watch my neighbours and friends playing for the club than watch Tyrone. It's all personal opinion.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 21, 2010, 06:27:44 PM

There are a lot of negative people about who are never happy including yourself. Judging by the support for early championship games it seems there is still good interest in Tyrone. Nothing wrong with supporting both club and county.

I'm very happy I can assure you. Am just asking do people feel less enthusiasm for inter-county football with all our recent success. It didn't really take off in 2008 till near the final. I went to all their games and was a marked decline in number of Tyrone supporters at Dublin game compared to 2005 agaisnt the Dubs (and the replay) and All Ireland semi weren't a huge amount either. I feel that same attitude now which I think is like the Kerry syndrome... wait for the final.
I am more into club football now but will go to Ulster final as it is a big day out and my children will enjoy it. Thanks for the concern about my hapiness al the same  ;)   

Redhand Santa

Quote from: longrunsthefox on June 21, 2010, 06:39:48 PM

I'm very happy I can assure you. Am just asking do people feel less enthusiasm for inter-county football with all our recent success. It didn't really take off in 2008 till near the final. I went to all their games and was a marked decline in number of Tyrone supporters at Dublin game compared to 2005 agaisnt the Dubs (and the replay) and All Ireland semi weren't a huge amount either. I feel that same attitude now which I think is like the Kerry syndrome... wait for the final.
I am more into club football now but will go to Ulster final as it is a big day out and my children will enjoy it. Thanks for the concern about my hapiness al the same  ;)

Maybe after 35 All Irelands or so like Kerry I'll feel the same. For the minute I still enjoy supporting Tyrone and enjoying are success. Players like Dooher,O'Neill,McGuigan,Jordan etc won't be around for much longer and we should enjoy watching the most successful group of players the county has ever had while it lasts. There could be plenty of years ahead when we're not competing at the top.

I will also enjoy the club championship games and no doubt will take in a few this weekend. Just don't feel the need to talk down Tyrone in order to watch club football like a lot of posters here seem to do.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 21, 2010, 07:11:28 PM

Maybe after 35 All Irelands or so like Kerry I'll feel the same. For the minute I still enjoy supporting Tyrone and enjoying are success. Players like Dooher,O'Neill,McGuigan,Jordan etc won't be around for much longer and we should enjoy watching the most successful group of players the county has ever had while it lasts. There could be plenty of years ahead when we're not competing at the top.

I will also enjoy the club championship games and no doubt will take in a few this weekend. Just don't feel the need to talk down Tyrone in order to watch club football like a lot of posters here seem to do.

That's what Im saying a lot of people don't have the same enthusiasm for Tyrone as a few years ago or as you obviously do. Tho that attitude  soon changed when they got to the All Ireland final two years ago. Maybe we've got a bit spolit. Anyway, for me club is the priority and much more enjoyable.

the processor

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 21, 2010, 07:11:28 PM

tut tut, typical elitist veiw, so we all have to sit back and triddle our thumbs in order to watch dooher and jordan  and co, tut tut, thats what u think of the clu player, i'd say u don't even have a club, jump on the tyyrone band wagon when its going well!!!!! how amany league games were u at, not many i'd say!!!