Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapatista

What tthe feck is he at. Would he not be better keeping his mouth shut on it rather than patronise club management.

laceer

I've defended MH on issues like this before but he's out of line this time.  The county board need to stand up for club players. There has to be some give and take rather than bowing to Harte's every whim

Club Rossa

Mickey Harte should stick to what he does very well and that's managing our senior county team instead of having a pop at the clubs.With a round of Championship games next weekend,clubs will get their county players one week before the game,doesn't seem to reasonable management to me.

MR99

Micky talking through his ass again.  If he proposes to play club championshipo later in year when exactly is he proposing to do it.  If Tyrone go through the front door, they would be playing 18th July, 1st August, 22nd August and 19th September.  If they go through the back door they would be playing 10th July, 17th Jul, 24th July, 1st August, 22ng August and 19th September.  We know that if they got to All-Ireland Semi (after 1st August) there would be no players released before final if they got there, and there is no possible dates in before the semi's given his insistence on 14-21 days. 

So basically Micky wants us to park the Club Championship until Tyrone are out, in a good year this would be 19th September, meaning that clubs play the 4 rounds championship in 4 weeks (including midweek replays as Omagh had before).  Now that would be really looking after the clubs.

On a sad note, Niall McKenna played for Donaghmore U21's on Weds night and there are rumours that Ardboe men going to play next starred game after Down game, is the Messiah's empire crumbling?  If it is he know's who to blame  >:(

Zapatista

Quote from: MR99 on June 11, 2010, 10:06:43 AM
On a sad note, Niall McKenna played for Donaghmore U21's on Weds night and there are rumours that Ardboe men going to play next starred game after Down game, is the Messiah's empire crumbling?  If it is he know's who to blame  >:(

That's good news. None of those players started against Antrim with Tommy getting a short run out and Brian getting two minutes. I'm sure those lads would rather be playing football.

Final Whistle

Its absolute bull shit that players are being treated like this and fair play to be the rossas lads standing up and being realistic.
EC Unique-you must have a very short memory!!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: MR99 on June 11, 2010, 10:06:43 AM
Micky talking through his ass again.  If he proposes to play club championshipo later in year when exactly is he proposing to do it.  If Tyrone go through the front door, they would be playing 18th July, 1st August, 22nd August and 19th September.  If they go through the back door they would be playing 10th July, 17th Jul, 24th July, 1st August, 22ng August and 19th September.  We know that if they got to All-Ireland Semi (after 1st August) there would be no players released before final if they got there, and there is no possible dates in before the semi's given his insistence on 14-21 days. 

So basically Micky wants us to park the Club Championship until Tyrone are out, in a good year this would be 19th September, meaning that clubs play the 4 rounds championship in 4 weeks (including midweek replays as Omagh had before).  Now that would be really looking after the clubs.

Glad to here someone on here coming out with comments like that, Tyrone usually do well when we here this sort of thing. Not sure what informed poster it was that said in 2008 that Joe McMahon didn't care about Tyrone and the panel had given up.

Club Rossa

Kyle Coney wasn't allowed to play for us on Wednesday night.His last competitive game of football was on the 25th of April.By the time the Down game comes around he will have been inactive for 8 weeks.Now surely it would have been to Kyle's,Tyrone's and Ardboe's benefit if he had been allowed to play the other night.I would be pleasantly surprised if he gets any game time against Down.
Marty McKeown left the Tyrone panel and Mickey asked him to reconsider as he would like him for his in house matches which Mickey seems to value more than competitive club football.
Almost everyone i have been talking to on this issue is seething at Hartes disregard for clubs and his high and mighty attitude.
As i posted earlier the man has a proven track record in management and he has brought a lot of success to our county but that does not give him the right to dictate to the county board or our clubs.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Zapatista on June 10, 2010, 11:46:12 PM
What tthe feck is he at. Would he not be better keeping his mouth shut on it rather than patronise club management.

Agreed but I think it is insult of club managers (and players and supporters) rather than patronise.

Hereiam

Mickey has over stepped the mark on this one. At the end of the day the county board are pushing  for as many All Irelands as they can as they feel that they need to make the most of the underage system that has been set up. I think they should be focusing more on an All Ireland Club winner from Tyrone as that would be a great achievement

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Hereiam on June 11, 2010, 12:29:37 PM
Mickey has over stepped the mark on this one. At the end of the day the county board are pushing  for as many All Irelands as they can as they feel that they need to make the most of the underage system that has been set up. I think they should be focusing more on an All Ireland Club winner from Tyrone as that would be a great achievement

that wouldn't make anyone any money. how would the CB pay for Garvagh then??
First on the field and last to leave

goal and a point

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on June 11, 2010, 12:35:56 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on June 11, 2010, 12:29:37 PM

that wouldn't make anyone any money. how would the CB pay for Garvagh then??

how do they intend paying for it at the minute. When you think of the expenses it takes to run all county teams can't have too much general money left over for this project

EC Unique

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 11, 2010, 10:38:15 AM
Its absolute bull shit that players are being treated like this and fair play to be the rossas lads standing up and being realistic.
EC Unique-you must have a very short memory!!

You are missing the point. He will always do what is best for the team he is with. That is his job. It is the job of the county board to arrange matches and to decide what is best. If they bow to his demands then it is they that are at fault.

His comments aimed at club managers are uncalled for and ignorant.

By the way could you remind me of what Errigal players withdrew from the county panel in 2002?

Club Rossa

I think that Final Whistle might be referring to the Errigal players pulling out of a league game against Roscommon shortly before Errigal played Nemo Rangers. John Devine was the only Errigal player who travelled as sub keeper.I think Mickey brought it up in his first book.

Final Whistle

Quote from: Club Rossa on June 11, 2010, 03:37:12 PM
I think that Final Whistle might be referring to the Errigal players pulling out of a league game against Roscommon shortly before Errigal played Nemo Rangers. John Devine was the only Errigal player who travelled as sub keeper.I think Mickey brought it up in his first book.

Correct!