Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snappiered

Quote from: clarshack on April 24, 2007, 10:56:06 PM
shocking performance by the referee tonite in loughmacrory. must have booked nearly every player on the field. we were well in contention but he sent off our captain john devlin a minute before the break. john was the one that was actually fouled. there was only a point in it at that stage. it was game over at half time having to play with 14 men in the entire second half. we also had to start the game without 5 key players.

Ref definately wasnt good. Who were the five yous were missing? The Lough looked impressive. Dont 4get they were missing 3 or 4 as well including a county man. Gareth Devlin disapointed and Armour got completely roasted.

clarshack

mising paddy donnelly (full back), mickey mulgrew (midfield) while paul gahan and wayne conlon came on as late subs. paul dillon played a good half an hour but was carrying an injury. we missed 4 easy close in frees (21 yards) which is unacceptable at any level never mind senior. loughmacrory looked good but kildress are better.

snappiered

What did you think of Armour and Devlin. Who impressed you from Loughmacrory. There was a big crowd at it. Were u on the field yourself?

clarshack

thought both were poor but then again stephen donaghy disappointed for the lough. thought meenagh was good and midfilelders looked strong. some guy called enda seemed to play well but was ronan ward missing? wasnt playing myself.

snappiered

Quote from: clarshack on April 25, 2007, 10:06:14 AM
thought both were poor but then again stephen donaghy disappointed for the lough. thought meenagh was good and midfilelders looked strong. some guy called enda seemed to play well but was ronan ward missing? wasnt playing myself.

Stephen Donaghy was the Loughs best player shot 1-2 and was instrumental in most attacks. Ronan shot 0-7 0-4 from play. Were you along the sideline?

uselessfootballer

Just read that Mugsy has in deed been given an 8-week ban, 4 for the red card v Kerry and 4 because it was his second straight red in a 48 week period. The ban runs until 3 June.

Although he has an appeal on Thursday, the doubtful/absentees continue to mount up prior to the Fermanagh game.

phpearse

Don't know what he is appealling about. Red card for striking, red card for dangerous intent, both within a few months, double the ban.

realredhandfan

I didnt see the 2nd red, but by all accounts I heard it was a stupid more than malicious thing to do. If suspensios are now being dolled out for intent then where does that leave people in a row barging swinging and pushing but not actually punching.   

Fuzzman

What is the actual rule if ye swing for someone but miss or is you did as Mugsy did and slide 5 yards to trip somebody but miss him?

It does seem a bit OTT to give a 4 week suspension for that, especially if its being used to double up another suspension.

I think he was a Fool to do it but the punishment does seem to outweigh the crime in this instance.
There's were much worse tackles that didnt even get a yellow.

Who all are doubtful now then for May 20th
Stevo
Mugsy
McGuigan
Cavanagh?
Calvo? Is he still training or has Mickey sent him home cos of the Dogs

Rick O Shea

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 25, 2007, 01:45:39 PM
What is the actual rule if ye swing for someone but miss or is you did as Mugsy did and slide 5 yards to trip somebody but miss him?

Don't have a rule book handy but striking and attempting to strike carry the same punishment - i.e red card; i'd then assume they would carry the same suspension.

Final Whistle

Cavanagh has resumed full training
25 April 2007

There was good news for Tyrone supporters and the management team this week when the versatile Sean Cavanagh who can operate in the attack or midfield if needs be, has resumed full training after a foot fracture that had kept him out of action since February last.

Cavanagh had the cast removed after a recent visit to a rehabilitation clinic in Birmingham and is determined to be back to full fitness for the forthcoming championship season.

Tyrone boss Mickey Harte said they were delighted to have Sean back in training, and his return is a great boost ahead of their vital championship clash with Fermanagh in the coming weeks.

The machine is back!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

goal and a point

redhandfan - i think that type of intent was different - if he had of connected he could have broke his leg in 2

nrico2006

From Hoganstand:

Fears that Stephen O'Neill and Sean Cavanagh will miss Tyrone's Ulster SFC opener against Fermanagh on May 20 have been allayed by manager Mickey Harte.

Harte expects the duo to be available after recent concerns about their fitness. 2005 Footballer of the Year O'Neill recently suffered a hamstring injury, but fears that it was the recurrence of an old problem are unfounded. Harte hopes to see the star attacker in club championship action over the next few weeks.

Cavanagh missed the latter stages of the NFL with a toe injury, and travelled to Birmingham last weekend to receive expert help.

Harte admits that the Fermanagh game will come too soon for playmaker Brian McGuigan, who has suffered a setback in his recovery from a broken leg, while Owen Mulligan also looks set to miss out through suspension.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Got that second edition of teamtalk. It really has to be said that the Currans have finally come up with a winner here. Innovative and relatively original in this field. No printing costs and plenty of electronic yet unobtrusive adverts. Curran may be one of the most objectionable men in the county, but he has come up trumps here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yep, fair dues to them, great mag.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...