Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: The Hammer on May 06, 2010, 02:48:20 PM
The weekends action !!! some nice games

Trillick St Macartan's     ---      v     Errigal Ciaran     --- Errigal should win this comfortable
Aghyaran St Davogs    ---    v    Clonoe O`Rahilly's    ---Clonoe by 5 plus ?
Carrickmore St Colmcille's    ---    v    Moy Tír na nÓg    ---A DRAW ?
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa    ---    v    Cookstown Fr Rocks    ---Ardboe, by 4 points
Domhnach Mór Naoimh Pádraig    ---    v    Killyclogher St Mary's    ---A real tight one, if killyclogher dont give away easy free's they could win this
Dromore St Dympna's    ---    v    Coalisland Fianna    ---Fianna, Dromore seem to be missing too many big players
Greencastle St Patrick's    ---    v    Omagh St Enda's    ---Another tight one i reckon, Omagh may just have enough, but they will have to fight for every inch
Kildress Wolfe Tones    ---    v    Galbally Pearses    ---Galbally will win, this will be a firey match

I'm going to say it... I think Greencastle are going to get their first win of the year tomorrow.
Testing Accessibility

Club Rossa

It's going to come soon Ziggy and you might well be right.

The Hammer

Quote from: ziggysego on May 07, 2010, 04:13:44 PM

Trillick St Macartan's     ---      v     Errigal Ciaran     --- Errigal should win this comfortable
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa    ---    v    Cookstown Fr Rocks    ---Ardboe, by 4 points
Domhnach Mór Naoimh Pádraig    ---    v    Killyclogher St Mary's    ---A real tight one, if killyclogher dont give away easy free's they could win this
Dromore St Dympna's    ---    v    Coalisland Fianna    ---Fianna, Dromore seem to be missing too many big players
Greencastle St Patrick's    ---    v    Omagh St Enda's    ---Another tight one i reckon, Omagh may just have enough, but they will have to fight for every inch
Kildress Wolfe Tones    ---    v    Galbally Pearses    ---Galbally will win, this will be a firey match

I'm going to say it... I think Greencastle are going to get their first win of the year tomorrow.
Could well be greencastle's day !! tuff game, its greencastle pitch still like a wind tunnell ?

bigfrank

Quote from: The Hammer on May 07, 2010, 04:11:42 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 07, 2010, 04:01:21 PM
I think Brian Taggart plays hurling For Naomh Colmcille and football for Clonoe.  What age was he?  Very sad news.

What happened to him ?

sad sad news

Heart attack they believe...very sad news RIP Brian

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: carmenstacks on May 07, 2010, 10:26:00 AM

I dont agree with this report it blows Clonoe up which to me is not loyal to the club.
Conor Gormley is missed badly, how would he not be when hes 1 of the top defenders in Ireland and when he returns I would push him to the middle of the park and get Gaby up front in full forward so we can have a man to hit.  But where to play Donnelly?
Was very surprised with the subs made on Sunday, taking of Michael Gallagher and moving Michael Slane out, when it was easy to be scene that it was Slane that was getting a skinning. I wouldnt say Brendan McLaughlin got a tough time as his man didnt score 1.4 as he wasnt marking no. 14. Check the Dungannon and top scorer scored 1-1. Paul Daly was guilty of ball watching, very uncharacteristic for Paul.
Moy will be a different story with 4 county players so big game needed and hope all our injured players return to the fold.

To be fair stacks I wouldn't be that familiar with the clonoe line up and got confused by the fact the 2 Doris' scored 1-4 between them and not one player. Tell me where that report blows Conoe up? You say i'm disloyal then criticise the sub choices and pick out players. Pot/kettle and all that. But lets not get silly.

Carmen's problem is a weakness at half fwd line supplying the FF line with accurate ball. If they get a couple of of mid-fielders back i'd play gaby half fwd as he's excellent at running direct to goal, can take scores from distance and give the forwards an intensity. Colm McGurk's absense is also a major blow in his ability to lift the whole thing and take the ball fwd. But I'd leave the FF line as it is as it's a good one. Maco just hasn't recovered form yet and Sparkey has been forced to come deep to win the ball for the lack of supply he's been getting, leaving him too much to do.

As well as the lack of players it's also worth noting the context that Carmen are without their manager so far this season who is recovering from a hip operation. Best of luck to him in his recovery.

While the glorious days have dimmed somewhat, they always do for a while until the next time and Carmen at full strength at the minute would still match any club in Tyrone on their day. This season will be a struggle, but not completely indictative of where Carmen are as a team. They are thinly stretched at the minute, but the situation is an exceptional one.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: The Hammer on May 07, 2010, 04:18:02 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 07, 2010, 04:13:44 PM

Could well be greencastle's day !! tuff game, its greencastle pitch still like a wind tunnell ?

Basically. All the football is played into the one set of goals.

Think Cookstown might snip Ardboe
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

the_cynic

This weekends action???

Trillick St Macartan's     ---      v     Errigal Ciaran     Errigal
Aghyaran St Davogs    ---    v    Clonoe O`Rahilly's     Clonoe
Carrickmore St Colmcille's    ---    v    Moy Tír na nÓg      Carmen to get back to winning ways
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa    ---    v    Cookstown Fr Rocks        Ardboe
Domhnach Mór Naoimh Pádraig    ---    v    Killyclogher St Mary's   Killyclogher
Dromore St Dympna's    ---    v    Coalisland Fianna   Coalisland
Greencastle St Patrick's    ---    v    Omagh St Enda's    Omagh
Kildress Wolfe Tones    ---    v    Galbally Pearses     Kildress though this one could go either way...

ONeill

What's the background to the dismal state of Tyrone hurling this year? Was there a fall-out?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Tyrone 6-24 Cavan 1-14

Conor Grugan struck 3-08 from play as Tyrone comfortably advanced to the Ulster SHC quarter-finals courtesy of a facile 25-point win over Cavan at Healy Park.

A brace of Grugan goals helped the hosts into a 2-10 to 1-10 interval lead, with a Kevin Downes goal keeping the visitors in touch.

However, Tyrone upped the ante on the restart, with Grugan and Justin Kelly impressive as the Red Hands held Cavan to just four second half points.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

ACL League

Brackaville 2-11 Owen Roes 0-9
Tattyreagh lost

And....Strabane 2.13 Moortown 1.6! Good result for the Sigersons!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

KIDDO 4

Coalisland1.10  Dromore 0.9,  E-Ciarian 1.15 ,Trillick 0.9

ziggysego

Tyrone ACL Division 1 - Greencastle 0-10 Omagh 0-10
Testing Accessibility

viiv

barelegs

Quote from: ziggysego on May 08, 2010, 07:18:18 PM
Tyrone ACL Division 1 - Greencastle 0-10 Omagh 0-10

Another good result there for Greencastle ziggy. Looks like your boys are starting to find their feet.

Radda bout yeee