Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on May 02, 2010, 09:12:39 PM
Coalisland 2-12 Carrickmore 0-10

It was always going to be a big ask for Carmen heading to the Far East of the county without key men to come away with a result. But St Colmcilles did start well, with Michael Gallagher taking full advantage of a fair breeze to send over a well taken point from distance on the right side to take an early lead. However it was about the only advantage Carmen took of the breeze that half. Clone responded instantly, working through on the counter to find a man in space, his shot was saved but after a few deflections the ball was in the net and from then on Carrickmore were chasing the game. After 6 minutes it was 1-2 to 0-1. Doris did the most damage for Clonoe at number 14, giving Benny McLaughlin, a natural wing back, a torrid time at full back for the day scoring 1-4 (?) in the first half.
Carmen did respond well for the better part of the 1st half trading points with the O'Rahillys to go in at half time with only the early goal between them.

Carrickmore came out well in the 2nd as well with Kevin McNally scoring to make it a two point game. But that was as close as they got as Clone broke through (the number 12 again) only for Ciaran McAleer to bring him down for a penalty which they converted. Clonoe quickly followed with 2 or 3 more points, making full use of the breeze in the 2nd half to go 9 points in front. The signs of Carmen's problems up front became abundent again with Mark Donnelly being forced to come deep to win the ball and carry it forward himself. A series of wasted point scoring opportunities left Carmen looking goals from then on.

St Colmcilles did rally well with the help of a few substitutions for the latter part of the second half, but couldn't make the possession count and Clonoe easily absorbed the attacks and punished Carmen with well worked counters and availing once again of the breeze.

Clonoe's agile and fast forwards were probably the difference on the day, forcing through opportunies to create the two goals to mean the result was never really in doubt. Carmen are now left with 2 wins from 4 and will have to look again at their forward line. The long ball strategy did result in a few 1st half scores, but mostly the long ball went wasted and there was no plan B.

Carrickmore badly missed Colm McGurk and Conor Gormley. Paul Hughes, James Nugent and Niall Loughran's absence also saw them turn to inexperienced James Rafferty in midfield, who did struggle today. There was one positive sign with Conor Mullan's 2nd half return, but Pearse Cunningham also remains on the injury list.

Carrickmore: P McCallan, M Slane, B McLaughlin, J Donnelly, M Gallagher, P Daly, C McAleer, J Rafferty, G McCallan, P McNally, C McAleer, S McAleer, K McNally, M Donnelly, B Daly.
Subs used, C Mullan (For Gallagher), C McGarrity (For P McNally), M McCallan (For Curley McAleer)

If anyone wants to add the Clonoe line out and attribute the score, feel free.

clonoe u mean?  :D
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

KIDDO 4

No players were lined in todays game in Dromore, 3 were lined in Galbally tonight all for second yellow cards.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Bit of freud there.   :(

Anyone want to fill us in on  Gallagher v McCann incident at Omagh today?
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

maximus

Is Finbar Magill not playing with Carmen? Some result for Greencastle Eddies will be drunk dry!

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: maximus on May 02, 2010, 09:27:28 PM
Is Finbar Magill not playing with Carmen? Some result for Greencastle Eddies will be drunk dry!

Sorry missed that sub. He came on second half. He's playing with the reserves at the minute, not sure why.

And for anyone else who wants to pick holes, I look forward to reading your report from yout game today.  :P

Greencastle were 1-3 to 0-3 up at half time. Did they throw it away?
H. L. Mencken

maximus

"subsequently (alledgedly) proceeded to try and and make the county board more efficient by cutting out the disciplinary board."

Explain?

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: hardstation on May 02, 2010, 11:04:37 PM
I'm hearing that Clonoe could have won by a lot more only they strictly went dancing last night.
Bad sign for Carmen.

Don't believe everything you hear.
H. L. Mencken

maximus

To write off Carmen based on a few league games with half a team would be naive. Judge them come championship time when I would expect them to beat Killyclogher and build from there. Any team missing players of such quality would struggle but with Hughes, Nugent and Mc Gurk to return I wouldn't write them off just yet!

Final Whistle

Great win for the Moy against Donaghmore, Colm Cavanagh the stand out performer giving Niall McKenna a lesson in high fielding. The 4 point margin didnt do the Moy justice, Donaghmore scored a clinker in the first 10 seconds (goal) before the Moy took over. Moy goal coming from a Ryan Mellon penalty. Bigger tests to come starting with Carrickmore.

Club Rossa

Hard fought 2 points for the Rossas in Trillick yesterday.Delighted to get the win considering we were without Tommy McGuigan,Kyle Coney and John McConville.Never more than a couple of points in it,Trillick reduced the gap to a point with about 10 mins left but Ardboe finished strongly to pick up the win.

Tommo2

Quote from: maximus on May 03, 2010, 12:37:57 AM
To write off Carmen based on a few league games with half a team would be naive. Judge them come championship time when I would expect them to beat Killyclogher and build from there. Any team missing players of such quality would struggle but with Hughes, Nugent and Mc Gurk to return I wouldn't write them off just yet!

Have to agree with this> And not to forget, Conor Gormley to return. Should dispose of Killyclogher and build on that. SWouldnt suprise me if they were in the County final this year. When will people sttop writing Carmen off.

trileacman

Quote from: Tommo2 on May 03, 2010, 10:24:00 AM
Quote from: maximus on May 03, 2010, 12:37:57 AM

Have to agree with this> And not to forget, Conor Gormley to return. Should dispose of Killyclogher and build on that. SWouldnt suprise me if they were in the County final this year. When will people sttop writing Carmen off.
No one is writing them off you paranoid tits, just saying they are not going well.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

rrhf

Quote from: Final Whistle on May 03, 2010, 09:39:39 AM
Great win for the Moy against Donaghmore, Colm Cavanagh the stand out performer giving Niall McKenna a lesson in high fielding. The 4 point margin didnt do the Moy justice, Donaghmore scored a clinker in the first 10 seconds (goal) before the Moy took over. Moy goal coming from a Ryan Mellon penalty. Bigger tests to come starting with Carrickmore.
Good man final whistle, plenty to say.... have you responded to Hughes yet? 

Final Whistle

RRHF have you any objection with my assessment of yesterday's game? I have not responded to Hughes yet, but shall do when the time and oppertunity arises. Is Hughes a Donaghmore man RRHF?

rrhf

Listen Colm Cavanagh been getting "lessons" for a lot longer than Niall, and believe me hes only starting to get it right - he has been hard to watch for a number of years as a Tyrone supporter.   Yesterday I believe ye's were the better of the two teams. But dont have a go at a 20 year old lad - a little humility in victory would be nice, but not expected.  I dont think Hughes is from Donaghmore.