Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 28, 2010, 11:22:38 AM
Quote from: ceol agus peil on April 27, 2010, 09:33:10 PM
Just on way home from Cavan. Dismal display. Richard Donnelly badly missed. Surely there must be better players in the county. Dissapointing to say the least. Aodhon O' Donnell should have possibly strengthened the panel tonight yet was not named on the panel.

Was just thinking there about what you said. Munroe seems to have a chip on his shoulder with kildress last year he overlooked two lads who were instrumental in getting the tones to a grade 1 championship final sighting that he was building for the future and they were last year men (incidentally both now playing good football for kildress in senior ranks). Then this year the oversight of conor mcaleer was absolutely shocking - peter canavan has given him rave reviews but munroe hd no time for him! There were also a couple of other good candidates but its his lost!
I think there should be someone more easy going and fair taking teams as important as minors! I doubt if we'll achieve any of the success that we achieved under recent managers with big ray at helm!

Was Raymond not the helm in 2008 ??

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: orangeman on April 28, 2010, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on April 28, 2010, 11:22:38 AM
Quote from: ceol agus peil on April 27, 2010, 09:33:10 PM
Just on way home from Cavan. Dismal display. Richard Donnelly badly missed. Surely there must be better players in the county. Dissapointing to say the least. Aodhon O' Donnell should have possibly strengthened the panel tonight yet was not named on the panel.

Was just thinking there about what you said. Munroe seems to have a chip on his shoulder with kildress last year he overlooked two lads who were instrumental in getting the tones to a grade 1 championship final sighting that he was building for the future and they were last year men (incidentally both now playing good football for kildress in senior ranks). Then this year the oversight of conor mcaleer was absolutely shocking - peter canavan has given him rave reviews but munroe hd no time for him! There were also a couple of other good candidates but its his lost!
I think there should be someone more easy going and fair taking teams as important as minors! I doubt if we'll achieve any of the success that we achieved under recent managers with big ray at helm!

Was Raymond not the helm in 2008 ??

I have removed the message i stand corrected - long live Munroe!

amigo

Quote from: Final Whistle on April 27, 2010, 02:13:17 PM
Quote from: amigo on April 27, 2010, 01:56:42 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on April 27, 2010, 01:05:31 PM
Anyone seen the Tyrone Times yet today? In particular Final Whistle? A whole column dedicated to yourself - you must be honoured!!

Yes!! Had a good laugh ;D Hughes basically says that Final Whistle is a liar and that he never called him anything of the sort!! You telling Fibs Final Whistle!!

Amigo, have yet to read said article, will wait until the shops leave out their left overs before I glance at it as I steadfastly refuse to purchase the rag! You are also long enough about amigo to take all messr Hughes says with as much salt as humanly possible!!

Final Whistle are you gonna refresh Kevin Hughes mind as to the occasion when you called him a flea ridden so and so !! Or are you gonna let him continue wiith his claim that in fact it never occurred and you are a liar!!!!! I am sure if you tell him when it happened it should jog his memory alright!! OR are you scared of the bould Kevin :D :D

longrunsthefox

I hear this lad Sludden from Dromore who is half back on the minor team is some player.

usa07

Fox your from dromore so you should know better than anybody!! ;D

ziggysego

THE BOOGIE IN THE BARN

There will be a fundraiser for Tyrone Ladies football team this bank holiday weekend on Sunday night, May 2.

It will take place in O'Hagan's Barn in Eskra.

There will be a BBQ and story telling from the renowned Armagh bard Patsy O'Hagan.

This will be followed by music by the Celtic Folk and Traditional group, Poitín, the winners of Tyrone X Factor.

Admission is £10. Everybody welcome.
Testing Accessibility

The Worker

not looking bright for the future for the red hands.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on April 27, 2010, 10:52:36 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 27, 2010, 09:34:45 PM
Just heard the result 2-14 to 0-8 bit of  a tanking alright.

Dublin mst have a great side.

Maybe if Munroe used the north of the County in his squad selection we would too. Beyond a joke at this stage.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Tyrone Minor Championship Squad - M McReynolds, S McGarrity, C Clarke, Hugh Pat McGeary, N Sludden, M Donaghy, Colm Spiers, C Grugan, D Donnelly, M Carberry, D McCurry, Cahir McCullagh, Keifer Morgan, John McCullagh, Ronan O'Neill, Ryan Clarke, Eunan Deeney, E McGahan, R Loughran, S Tierney, R Devlin, J Monroe, S Quinn, D Quinn, Harry Og Conlon, R Donnelly, Liam Girvan, P McNulty, T Canavan
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 29, 2010, 12:09:27 AM

Maybe if Munroe used the north of the County in his squad selection we would too. Beyond a joke at this stage.

Who do you think merits inclusion from there ?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: orangeman on April 29, 2010, 09:27:31 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 29, 2010, 12:09:27 AM

Who do you think merits inclusion from there ?

I wouldn't be au fait with names, but Strabane's minor side have beaten Coalisland, Errigal, Kildress and Galbally to date this season. There must be one of them lads capable of playing County minor.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Wee Roddy

I know I will be accused of standing up for my own clubman but really that arguement doesnt wash. Clonoe won the senior championship in 2008 with no county men and my own club won senior minor and u21 titles over the past decade or so without any county involvement. Moy should be winning all ireland clubs according to that theory!

Gabriel_Hurl

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 29, 2010, 01:32:24 PM
I know I will be accused of standing up for my own clubman but really that arguement doesnt wash. Clonoe won the senior championship in 2008 with no county men and my own club won senior minor and u21 titles over the past decade or so without any county involvement. Moy should be winning all ireland clubs according to that theory!

I don't know enough about all the players up in this part of the County, so I cannot argue with you. I was just stating one fact. I don't know if any of them this year are good enough or not.

I remember in 2008 we had one or two lads who I thought had a good chance of making the squad. When they were ommitted I stated that Tyrone's minor panel for that year must be very good.

Turns out they were.

Norf Tyrone

I should add that there is a weakness in your arguement though Roddy. Mickey Harte has ALL the players in the County to pick from, so it should be not a massive surprise if the County champions don't produce a county player.

However the minor squad is essentially picked from the best 17/18 year olds in the county, which is a much smaller sample size.