Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

After 5 games, Tyrone hurlers are -113 pts difference at the bottom of NHL Div 3B.
Thankfully just one more game to go.

Tommo2

Any word on an alleged incident at the end of the Omagh v Donaghmore game. Anyone sent off? Heard there was a bit of a row.

Sanchez

Quote from: Final Whistle on April 04, 2010, 01:54:35 PM
eglish got two red cards yesterday-unsure of who at this time.

gettng two points out of rock is not an easy task.

The two red carded were Padraig Martin and Emmett Mc Kenna. A very dirty and ill tempered game.

KIDDO 4

Tyrone U.18 League Fixtures Round 2

NB! All Games have 6.30pm Throw-In

Round 2 - 11-4-2010
Domhnach Mór V Eglish
Dungannon V Clonoe
Coalisland V Naomh Mhuire
Derrylaughan V Cookstown

Round 2 -11-4-2010
Strabane V Kildress
Errigal Ciaran V Charraig Mhór
Killyclogher V Omagh
Galbally V Dromore

Round 2 -11-4-2010
Pomeroy V Rock
Moortown V Ardboe
Brackaville V Stewartstown
Beragh V Augher

Round 2 11-4-2010
Tattyreagh V Droim Ratha
Trillick V. Newtownstewart
Loughmacroy V Greencastle
Clann na Gael V Eskra
Round 2 - Moy Tír na nÓg  (Free)
Killeeshil V Clogher
Aghaloo V Fintona
Brockagh V Derrytresk

Round 2 -11-4-2010
Glenelly V Owen Roes
Aghyaran V Castlederg
Gortin V Omagh " Dev"
Urney V Drumquin

Sawyer

What players racked up the highest individual scores of the first round. Think in Division 2 Peter Hughes of Eskra got 1-8.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Sawyer on April 06, 2010, 10:50:21 AM
What players racked up the highest individual scores of the first round. Think in Division 2 Peter Hughes of Eskra got 1-8.

There was a guy for Clogher who got most of their scores. I think he would've got 6 or 7 points out of their 1-8. I think he may have been called Marks Shiels or something.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Sawyer

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 06, 2010, 01:33:35 PM

There was a guy for Clogher who got most of their scores. I think he would've got 6 or 7 points out of their 1-8. I think he may have been called Marks Shiels or something.

His name is Ciaran Shiels and he scored 0-4 against ER O'Neills. Mark Bogue at wing forward scored 0-2. Damian Connolly got the goal think one of the midfielders scored a point.

Peter Hughes still winning  :D

tyroneboi

Not the best of debuts for Carrickmore III's tonight. Beat 5-14 to 0-04 by Tattyreagh this evening.

Tommo2

Quote from: tyroneboi on April 06, 2010, 10:58:42 PM
Not the best of debuts for Carrickmore III's tonight. Beat 5-14 to 0-04 by Tattyreagh this evening.

What sort of team had Carmen out. Was it young players being blooded for the 1st team in a couple of years or is it the old brigade, having their last stand??

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Tommo2 on April 07, 2010, 04:48:36 PM

What sort of team had Carmen out. Was it young players being blooded for the 1st team in a couple of years or is it the old brigade, having their last stand??
Heard the team being hijacked by the auld hans. Thought the whole idea of this team was for lads coming out of minors to get competitive football instead of men harking back to the halcyon times of days gone by.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on April 07, 2010, 05:27:37 PM
Quote from: Tommo2 on April 07, 2010, 04:48:36 PM

Heard the team being hijacked by the auld hans. Thought the whole idea of this team was for lads coming out of minors to get competitive football instead of men harking back to the halcyon times of days gone by.

There was a wedding on I think with maybe more than half a dozen players missing.

But the idea was to give lads who wouldn't normally get playing football for their club a chance to wear the jersey and there's plenty of them. No harm in a few seasoned heads dotted along to encourage the lads who might be a bit rusty.

I wouldn't like to see new prospects stuck down in the III's, it's for the decent players who're at a stage where they're clearly not going to break into a top senior first division team but can still offer something for their club. Every division this year is seriously competitive and it will take the III's a couple of seasons to build themselves anywhere near to contention.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Sawyer on April 06, 2010, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 06, 2010, 01:33:35 PM

His name is Ciaran Shiels and he scored 0-4 against ER O'Neills. Mark Bogue at wing forward scored 0-2. Damian Connolly got the goal think one of the midfielders scored a point.

Peter Hughes still winning  :D

Just the four? It felt like more!

Were you at the game? It was scrappy enough. The Clogher free taking made the differance IMHO.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

kicking king

Quote from: Final Whistle on April 03, 2010, 09:58:45 PM
great win for the moy this evening. difficult conditions, difficult opposition, well reffed by sean quinn.

good to see both teams playing football.

comments from the tones supporters regarding the moy being undeserving of anymore than one county player........ ::) ::) ::)

Would agree with a lot of your sentiments here. Conditions were very difficult, the game was played in a sporting manner and Sean Quinn reffed the game v well although Colm Cavanagh (who was v good) perhaps shudve got a second yellow with 6 or 7 minutes left.  Felt we deserved to get something out of game but couldn't convert our chances.  Not too many temas will take points out of the Moy this year I've a notion when they are full out.  You'se used your subs very well.  As for the comment on the county men all I know is that judging by that game Ryan Mellon should be nowhere near that set up!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: kicking king on April 08, 2010, 10:57:50 AM
Quote from: Final Whistle on April 03, 2010, 09:58:45 PM
great win for the moy this evening. difficult conditions, difficult opposition, well reffed by sean quinn.

good to see both teams playing football.

comments from the tones supporters regarding the moy being undeserving of anymore than one county player........ ::) ::) ::)

Would agree with a lot of your sentiments here. Conditions were very difficult, the game was played in a sporting manner and Sean Quinn reffed the game v well although Colm Cavanagh (who was v good) perhaps shudve got a second yellow with 6 or 7 minutes left.  Felt we deserved to get something out of game but couldn't convert our chances.  Not too many temas will take points out of the Moy this year I've a notion when they are full out.  You'se used your subs very well.  As for the comment on the county men all I know is that judging by that game Ryan Mellon should be nowhere near that set up!

Mellon came on and got a crucial goal v Cork as well as picking up numerous breaking ball that we previously weren't winniing. He's produced the goods before on the biggest stage for Tyrone and is well worth his place on the panel. He has a problem of drifting out of games but always works hard for the team and covers back when the half backs are getting forward and leaving there men free.

kicking king

see your not really reading my post.  What I said was based on Saturdays game where you would definitely not have picked him out as being county standard.  I'm sure anyone else who was at the game would agree on that point.