Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

I see news of the latest Senior squad drop out has not broken on here yet!

goal and a point

A fellow club man of your own i believe?

EC Unique

Club Rossa

blewuporstuffed

heard this yesterday and have to say i was very surprised

enda mcginley
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Club Rossa

Has served his county well and i wish him all the best.

tyrone86

Surprising turn of events, I suppose it's a bit more difficult for a married man based in Belfast to make the commitment to the cause rather than the students or someone based about home. Will he be back for around championship time? Hopefully so, he's one of the lads that thrives on the harder ground and in particular Croke Park. But perhaps the injuries have taken their toll.

Regardless, if correct, good luck to Enda, the first of the '3-2-1 club' to go.

Between this, the u21s, the Brothers and the impending relegation battle this has one of those "horrible anus" years written all over it.

clarshack

EC Unique

Surprised this is not being discussed more. If there are any doubters I can confirm it is def true. He has left the county squad and is putting 100% effort into his club team. Tyrone's loss is most def Errigal's gain. :)

amigo

Quote from: EC Unique on March 18, 2010, 02:21:33 PM
Surprised this is not being discussed more. If there are any doubters I can confirm it is def true. He has left the county squad and is putting 100% effort into his club team. Tyrone's loss is most def Errigal's gain. :)

Best of luck to him! He had a rough time with injuries and returned to serve his county well. His dedication to the cause was unquestionable and he played some superb games for the county also !!

A Quinn Martin Production

One of the best all round players of the last 15-20 years.  Unspectacular but spectacularly effective.  The man could do anything on a football field.  Best of luck for the future...Errigal's gain??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Rocky Mc Guigan

The reports of McGinleys demise have been exaggerated. He is merely taking a break for rest of the league and will return for championship

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone86 on March 18, 2010, 10:19:10 AM
Between this, the u21s, the Brothers and the impending relegation battle this has one of those "horrible anus" years written all over it.

I'm sure the good folk of Cookstown might disagree with you there.

Anyway, if Enda has indeed decided to call it a day with Tyrone, it will be a sad day. An important cog in the Tyrone team. However he has given his all over the years, and got some very serious injuries such as the one from the 2003 All-Ireland Final. Thanks for everything and enjoy your retirement.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Slow down with the Retirement speeches lads. He has left the panel but he has NOT retired from county football.

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Aye lets not get too excited...

From RTE

Tyrone assistant manager Tony Donnelly has today dismissed reports that Enda McGinley has quit the panel.

However, McGinley has taken a break in an effort to recover from niggling injuries, and will not be involved in the county's remaining three NFL games, against Galway, Kerry and Dublin.

But he is expected to be back in action ahead of the Ulster Championship opener against Antrim on 23 May.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken