Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Well done to Cookstown. All helps build the Tyrone pysche.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: healypark on February 14, 2010, 09:48:39 PM
congrats to cookstown as well! great way to finish one season and start the next. dark horse for senior championship?? hard luck for naomh colmcille. great achievement all the same.   

couldnt see cookstown getting close to senior championship still miles off some of them teams at the top of divison one. id say they be happy to retain thier senior status next season and then build on that the following season. great achievement all the same. hopefully will galvanise the club and set of players who have seemed hard to handle in recent years.
two former tyrone defenders only men to manage tyrone teams to clubs all irelands, hope this is first of many
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

nothingbettertobeat

how bad were tyrone yesturday? ive never seen them as bad in long long time at omagh. its getting to the point were i feel that peter harte is going to be the only player to come through the year of all the young players and possibly mckenna as he seems to have bit more strength. the rest could do with another year or two in the gym and playing senior football with their clubs and then access them then. our forward line brutal yesturday no movement what so ever.
mccuskar was only man fit to come out win his own ball although his final ball and shot selection wasnt always the best least he didnt hide.aidan cassidy has been the only find i feel we have produced in the past 2 seasons from everyone who has been tried.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Glensman

Quote from: ziggysego on February 15, 2010, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: Glensman on February 15, 2010, 10:33:22 AM
Maybe mentioned on here somewhere before - I thought I read somewhere that McCullagh had retired from inter county...and he came on yesterday?
Was that just a rumour or was he persuaded back? Cheers.

He came back a week after retiring from inter-county. However it was the morning after the retirement was announced.

Cheers Ziggy. Who managed you to your All Ireland club title? Was it a county player?

Guessing you're talking about the Rock and Cookstown (nothingbettertobeat) - the Rock never won it.

EC Unique

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on February 15, 2010, 12:02:30 PM
how bad were tyrone yesturday? ive never seen them as bad in long long time at omagh. its getting to the point were i feel that peter harte is going to be the only player to come through the year of all the young players and possibly mckenna as he seems to have bit more strength. the rest could do with another year or two in the gym and playing senior football with their clubs and then access them then. our forward line brutal yesturday no movement what so ever.
mccuskar was only man fit to come out win his own ball although his final ball and shot selection wasnt always the best least he didnt hide.aidan cassidy has been the only find i feel we have produced in the past 2 seasons from everyone who has been tried.

I would rather Pete would take another year or 2 at club level as well ;)  I think Coney will make it this year. He has matured well since Minor and is not as greedy in the senior set up. Agree the inside forwards did not show well for the ball. McGinley is not the player he was. He looks tired and i think he should have taken a break until April and came back well rested and fresh.

ziggysego

Quote from: Glensman on February 15, 2010, 12:03:27 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on February 15, 2010, 10:34:47 AM
Quote from: Glensman on February 15, 2010, 10:33:22 AM
Maybe mentioned on here somewhere before - I thought I read somewhere that McCullagh had retired from inter county...and he came on yesterday?
Was that just a rumour or was he persuaded back? Cheers.

He came back a week after retiring from inter-county. However it was the morning after the retirement was announced.

Cheers Ziggy. Who managed you to your All Ireland club title? Was it a county player?

Guessing you're talking about the Rock and Cookstown (nothingbettertobeat) - the Rock never won it.

Rock never won it either.

My club's Greencastle. The manager is Sean Teague, former Greencastle player and Tyrone captain.
Testing Accessibility

Glensman

Knew that about the Rock as per last post...and knew you're Greencastle (how could I not?!) but hadn't realised you had an Tyrone player at the helm.

Either way all good for Cookstown, some sore heads in that neck of the woods today I'd say.

longrunsthefox

Not one to rain on anyone's parade but I have my reservations about Cookstown's All Ireland win.
Was relegation from senior football such a bad thing after all? This team reached the senior championship a few years ago and now an Intermediate title makes history.  Might be a good move for other strong senior team to get relegated. Did Trillick not win Ulster after getting relegated as well? Much of the reason they went down was loss of Mugsy and Mulgrew for all of 2008. Is good win but let's not go overboard...  shouldn't have been there in the first place. 

sambackamongstthebushes

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 02:00:13 PM
Not one to rain on anyone's parade but I have my reservations about Cookstown's All Ireland win.
Was relegation from senior football such a bad thing after all? This team reached the senior championship a few years ago and now an Intermediate title makes history.  Might be a good move for other strong senior team to get relegated. Did Trillick not win Ulster after getting relegated as well? Much of the reason they went down was loss of Mugsy and Mulgrew for all of 2008. Is good win but let's not go overboard...  shouldn't have been there in the first place.

catch yourself on fox, i would say half the division one teams in tyrone would struggle to won the intermediate title yesterday, it takes a great consistant all year effort to win all irelands at any level, and as the man says you still have to win them on the day

longrunsthefox

Quote from: sambackamongstthebushes on February 15, 2010, 02:11:47 PM

catch yourself on fox, i would say half the division one teams in tyrone would struggle to won the intermediate title yesterday, it takes a great consistant all year effort to win all irelands at any level, and as the man says you still have to win them on the day

Yeah it was a good achievement but needed relegation to get it first... Donaghmore must be kicking themselves  ;)

sambackamongstthebushes

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 02:35:16 PM

Yeah it was a good achievement but needed relegation to get it first... Donaghmore must be kicking themselves  ;)

very weak argument fox, are you suggesting that any team that is relegated should not play championship football again until they get back to the level they came from. i know sounds ridiculous doesn't it

longrunsthefox

Quote from: sambackamongstthebushes on February 15, 2010, 03:16:05 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 02:35:16 PM

very weak argument fox, are you suggesting that any team that is relegated should not play championship football again until they get back to the level they came from. i know sounds ridiculous doesn't it

No-I'm saying let's not go overboard on Cookstown's win. It was good but do the teams who avoided getting relegated not deserve more credit? I bet the Cookstown boys are now glad they got relegated  :o   

Man Marker

Congrtas to the Cookstown club, a club that has produced very good underage teams, winning numerous undrage titles at A grade but have been unable to produce it at senior level even thou they have the players for it. Have they finally found their level? ;)

Zapatista

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 15, 2010, 03:47:24 PM
No-I'm saying let's not go overboard on Cookstown's win. It was good but do the teams who avoided getting relegated not deserve more credit? I bet the Cookstown boys are now glad they got relegated  :o   

Probably true but ye'd be hard pushed not to be happy for them all the same.

longrunsthefox

I am happy for them but will be very suspicious if they get relegated again and win All Ireland in 2011-12  ???