Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2009, 11:55:53 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 08, 2009, 11:54:22 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 08, 2009, 11:06:32 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 08, 2009, 10:55:50 PM
Naomh Colmcille  ;)
Bate by a point by Carrickmore in the league final. Lovely new Puma tracksuits though.

Do they not be in All Ireland semi for that Ulster win?
They do surely. NCC abu.

Good stuff.... great club.

tyssam5

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on November 08, 2009, 04:39:55 PM
Dromore looked pretty heavy legged from tg4 coverage. would have thought their physical strength and conditioning would have made the heavy November pitches more suitable for them. Did the celebrations go on too long, or what happened? thought they would have given ulster a serious crack this year

Actually think Dromore are team that suits summer type football and pitches better.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Any word on whether Omagh are going to name the culprit involved in the tunnel incident against Cookstown in U-16 final. If not will they get the same punishment as Coalisland and get the pitch closed for a year?

DCR

Quote from: tyssam5 on November 09, 2009, 06:24:57 AM
Quote from: wheres he takin er from on November 08, 2009, 04:39:55 PM
Dromore looked pretty heavy legged from tg4 coverage. would have thought their physical strength and conditioning would have made the heavy November pitches more suitable for them. Did the celebrations go on too long, or what happened? thought they would have given ulster a serious crack this year

Actually think Dromore are team that suits summer type football and pitches better.
Not sure you are correct. They didn't have a great league campaign and were fortunate enough to beat Coalisland and Errigal.

LeoMc

I thought Paul Hughes going off injured was a big loss for Carmen on Saturday and moving Gormley to mid-field turned out to be a wrong move.
Once Gormley moved to the middle Petey Harte had a lot more freedom and was the difference in the 2 teams while Gormley did not have a major impact on the game being over-shadowed by McGinley.
Again McCrory had the beating of Mark Donnelly and Barry Daly was the only Carmen forward who looked like he could influence the match. Limey more interested in boxing than playing leaving Canavan time to play football from Centre half.

cearrbhach

Have to agree with the case for Naomh Colmcille - surely will receive team of the year for their superb efforts. Other teams in their shadow, but with a good year include Greencastle, Errigal, Cookstown and Newtownstewart. Sorry Zappa, I don't think Ardboe are the best in the East. Should be an interesting 2010 ACL Division One, with the likes of Kildress and Coalisland inspired by their neighbours success ;)

EC Unique

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 08, 2009, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 08, 2009, 11:03:51 AM
Peter Harte outstanding yesterday-

He was indeed, kicked several exceptional scores from play, a free from about 55 yards and was man of the match by a mile.  He looks like he's starting to fill out as well - Mickey's strength and conditioning programme seems to be paying off, even at this early stage.

Pete had an excellent 2nd half and showed what he can do but I would give MOTM to Brian Horisk in FF for Errigal. He destroyed his marker every time a long ball was kicked in and used the ball well. He did it for 2 halfs as well.

haranguerer

Was looking that photo of peter harte v mayo in the minors there - i remember seeing it somewhere onhere before,but couldnt locate it. Anyone remember where it is, or can post a link to it?

Cheers!

amigo

Quote from: haranguerer on November 09, 2009, 01:44:31 PM
Was looking that photo of peter harte v mayo in the minors there - i remember seeing it somewhere onhere before,but couldnt locate it. Anyone remember where it is, or can post a link to it?

Cheers!

I think it is Niall McKenna in that photo!

blewuporstuffed

Cheers!
If your on about the photo i think you are, its niall mckenna, not peter harte in it.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zapatista

Cheers!

It's on the GAA photo thread.

Here - http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=62.90

It is young McKenna

haranguerer

T'is indeed, my mistake.

Cheers lads!

MR99

Congrats to Errigal, a league title was deserved for the way the played all year and I think they were definitely the most consistent league team and will be hard to stop next year.  A Big worry for Carmen if teams are going to put men like young Harte and Collie McCullagh at CHF to expose Gormley's lack of pace, why was Conor ever moved from the midfield in the first place, especially when Ciaran McAleer is quite a good CHB?  I think with Dromore and Errigal being the victors this year with local managers, maybe teams have to look again at the benefit of outside managers with their high fees and what they bring to their clubs. 

Hard luck to Dromore yesterday, nothing seemed to go right for them on the day but I am sure them boys will be back, they would have taken a Tyrone title and losing in the first round of Ulster at the start of the year.  Losing McMahon before the throw in was a major blow then having to bring him on early when clearly not fully fit for the unfortunate Kevin Donnelly didn't help matters.  The referee giving Clontibret a point that was clearly wide (as confirmed by the umpire) certainly didn't give them any belief that they were going to get justice.  In fairness it was hard hitting but nothing cynical and the ref done a reasonable job after that.  It takes that much effort for club's to win the Tyrone Club Championship that they always seem to be knackered by the time they reach the Ulster Club.  It is similar to the way the Ulster Inter County teams used to be when they won Ulster they could not perform in the All-Ireland.  Clontibret, St. Galls, St. Eunan's etc... dont have much opposition in their own county and can come into the Ulster Club with a freshness that Tyrone club's cant.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on November 09, 2009, 08:36:15 AM
Any word on whether Omagh are going to name the culprit involved in the tunnel incident against Cookstown in U-16 final. If not will they get the same punishment as Coalisland and get the pitch closed for a year?

...a wee hand grenade there from Rocky   :P

EC Unique

Quote from: MR99 on November 09, 2009, 04:56:13 PM
Congrats to Errigal, a league title was deserved for the way the played all year and I think they were definitely the most consistent league team and will be hard to stop next year.  A Big worry for Carmen if teams are going to put men like young Harte and Collie McCullagh at CHF to expose Gormley's lack of pace, why was Conor ever moved from the midfield in the first place, especially when Ciaran McAleer is quite a good CHB?  I think with Dromore and Errigal being the victors this year with local managers, maybe teams have to look again at the benefit of outside managers with their high fees and what they bring to their clubs. 
Hard luck to Dromore yesterday, nothing seemed to go right for them on the day but I am sure them boys will be back, they would have taken a Tyrone title and losing in the first round of Ulster at the start of the year.  Losing McMahon before the throw in was a major blow then having to bring him on early when clearly not fully fit for the unfortunate Kevin Donnelly didn't help matters.  The referee giving Clontibret a point that was clearly wide (as confirmed by the umpire) certainly didn't give them any belief that they were going to get justice.  In fairness it was hard hitting but nothing cynical and the ref done a reasonable job after that.  It takes that much effort for club's to win the Tyrone Club Championship that they always seem to be knackered by the time they reach the Ulster Club.  It is similar to the way the Ulster Inter County teams used to be when they won Ulster they could not perform in the All-Ireland.  Clontibret, St. Galls, St. Eunan's etc... dont have much opposition in their own county and can come into the Ulster Club with a freshness that Tyrone club's cant.

Very good point and one our club should remember in future.