Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

the club you are talking about accepted resposibility for the row, 2 players got 6 months each and the pitch was closed until next season. So the answer to your question is NO.

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Archie Mitchell

As Hoof said earlier, these incidents happen in every county in Ireland, so no point tying to brush it under the carpet or try and say another county is worse for it etc. It's a physical game, these things are bound to happen.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Winnie Peg on October 31, 2009, 10:14:41 AM
Is it true that the riot in the Derry semi final was swept under the carpet as the county chairman was from one of the clubs?

no,as already said men were severly dealt with,pitch closed and a fine,yes the county chairman is from bellaghy,and?we admitted our guilt and took our punishment,how would you have handled it?

Winnie Peg

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on October 31, 2009, 10:17:30 AM
the club you are talking about accepted resposibility for the row, 2 players got 6 months each and the pitch was closed until next season. So the answer to your question is NO.

By all accounts, it minimal for what took place and no one could understand why only two players were suspended when all thirty plus subs and some spectators were involved and the fact that all was captured on video. Also, the fact that the season was virtually over and bellaghy only had two leagues games left would in anyone's opinion rate as a complete "wipe under the carpet" and would clearly be seen as the county chairman using his power.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on October 31, 2009, 10:33:48 AM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on October 31, 2009, 10:14:41 AM
Is it true that the riot in the Derry semi final was swept under the carpet as the county chairman was from one of the clubs?

no,as already said men were severly dealt with,pitch closed and a fine,yes the county chairman is from bellaghy,and?we admitted our guilt and took our punishment,how would you have handled it?

All I know from the Derry people I was to was that it was a complete disgrace what happened and the punishment meted out shocked the county and gave further evidence of the skulduggery that the county chairman had been involved in during his term of office.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Winnie Peg on October 31, 2009, 10:35:19 AM

By all accounts, it minimal for what took place and no one could understand why only two players were suspended when all thirty plus subs and some spectators were involved and the fact that all was captured on video. Also, the fact that the season was virtually over and bellaghy only had two leagues games left would in anyone's opinion rate as a complete "wipe under the carpet" and would clearly be seen as the county chairman using his power.

"by all accounts" hmm,30 plus subs and spectators,i thought for a minute you were a serious poster but after that statement i know you are either a wum or just a total asshole.yes it was on camera and i suggest you have a look at it and then make comment not making statements based on bar stool talk.

Zapatista

I'd have made them play hurling.

EC Unique

Quote from: LeoMc on October 31, 2009, 09:31:24 AM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on October 31, 2009, 09:08:45 AM
Quote from: Drumanee 1 on September 14, 2009, 05:01:41 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on September 14, 2009, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: Winnie Peg on September 14, 2009, 04:31:36 PM
I see that the natives up in Derry are at it again. When are you going to sort this out. By all accounts this was a major free for all with much blood spilled and injuries. This must stop immediately.
What the disciplinary board should do is bann the victors from the final and the losers should be banned from next year's championship and people will soon start realising that violence just wont work. I also hear that the county chairman is from one of the clubs.

Nothing new for Derry club football..

and where are you from?not tyrone by any chance?errigal ciaran your club?hmm how did your club come to being again?your some craic,and dont get me started on some of your matches,errigal v carmen springs to mind

the above quotes were made 6 weeks ago by my friend EC
should know not to open your mouth to soon EC because it will always come back to bite you on the ass.i even predicted the teams.

to the sensible tyrone posters on this thread please dont take offence just throwin some crap into EC unique face
;D ;D ;D None taken. I remember reading that quote on your (the Derry) board a few weeks ago and was thinking he was setting himself up for a fall.

What happened last night was not nice but can not be compared to the thuggery that is Derry football. The lads on both sides went on to serve up an excellent period of extra time and I doubt if many of them will be continuing the handbags in the local niteclubs a-la Derry style!!

Draw was a fair result I thought.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on October 31, 2009, 10:41:15 AM

"by all accounts" hmm,30 plus subs and spectators,i thought for a minute you were a serious poster but after that statement i know you are either a wum or just a total asshole.yes it was on camera and i suggest you have a look at it and then make comment not making statements based on bar stool talk.

Are you saying that this wasn't the case. At least be honest!

Hoof Hearted

thats the biggest pile of dung i have read on here for quite a while.
what do mean by involved ? There were very few players from either side that day throwing punches. some were, but most werent.

I cant believe were back discussing an incident which has been dealt with and forgot about, the night after SEVEN men were lined, a ref was apparently assaulted by a player, a supporter hitting a player, allagedly, and management involved too. I say allegedly and apparently cause i wasn't there, only going by what i have read on here.

It makes the Loup v Bellaghy brawl look like a scene from Tom + Jerry !

Quote from: Zapatista on October 31, 2009, 10:43:41 AM

I'd have made them play hurling.
:D :D

Aaron Boone

If the CB make an example and eject both, then Omagh & Ardboe would play-off for the league.

Zapatista

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 31, 2009, 10:57:08 AM
If the CB make an example and eject both, then Omagh & Ardboe would play-off for the league.

Ye'd hardly expect them to pick up again and play a league final, would you?

EC Unique

Quote from: Aaron Boone on October 31, 2009, 10:57:08 AM

Lets not get carried away lads :D :D

The referee did very well lastnight and dealt with what he needed to. It was not as bad as is bad as people on here are making out. Roll on the replay next Sunday.

Hoof Hearted

winnie, it wasnt a complete riot. Things were blown out of proportion.

As EC says above, last night probably wasnt as bad either as what is being made out on here, and i would actually believe that.

LeoMc

Drumanee, I know you only came over to this board to make a reply to one poster but it looks like you were followed. ;D
With Hoof hearted and Winnie Peg it is looking like the Derry board here.