Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realredhandfan

Yeah Dubs first game sorted him out. Socks up and hands waving will be forever etched on my plasma screen.  I watched a video of him in action one time and came back half an hour later.  He was in the same place - I had to check that it was a different half, now when I watch the news theres a ghostly image of the horse in hotel Babylon. 

loughshore lad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 28, 2007, 10:27:33 AM
thanks Realredhandfan & Norf tyrone
Great answers  :D

now can you tell me why or how so many of yer lads manage to have huge gaps between their teeth.

Finally - whatever happened to Gavin Devlin. I read and heard lots about him, he proved out to be a bit of a disappointment - was he good all the way up underage and found that he just didnt have the pace for senrio intercounty football or what was the problem - is he still on the panel?

Gavin "Horse" Devlin is no longer on the panel. He was a regular under Harte through the underage ranks and in the senior team as Harte took over. Great talker and oraganiser with a fantastic positional sense however he lacks the fundamental pace required at county level - the thing that amazed me was how long it took teams to exploit this (Brogan in All Ireland QF 2005 was the first man who really took advantage of this). As a sitting CHB to mop up and then build the attacking play there is no better man but he is extremely vulnerable against a quick intelligent CHF.

lynchbhoy

thanks lads
imo he was a tad unlucky then as there is again imo a dearth of good chf around. Brogan is a bit of a one off as well, he plays utilising his lightning pace all the time - I dont even believe that chf is his position!

giveherlong

Does Gavin Devlin still line out for Ardboe and if so where does he play?
Can't remember seeing his name mentioned in any of the Ardboe C'ship matches over the past few years

realredhandfan

ONeill

Quote from: giveherlong on March 28, 2007, 11:08:05 AM
Can't remember seeing his name mentioned in any of the Ardboe C'ship matches over the past few years

He changed his name to Beef or Salmon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

realredhandfan

Agh the gap between the teeth, Harte, Heffernan and O Se all suffer from this terrible affliction brought on by literally fighting tooth and nail to win multiple all irelands for their county.  Unfortunately Ricey was just born like that.

loughshore lad

Quote from: giveherlong on March 28, 2007, 11:08:05 AM

Yes still plays, seems to be getting back into shape as well.
Normally plays CHB but a lot of the better managers in club football recognise his lack of pace as a potential weakness.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: realredhandfan on March 28, 2007, 11:19:31 AM
Agh the gap between the teeth, Harte, Heffernan and O Se all suffer from this terrible affliction brought on by literally fighting tooth and nail to win multiple all irelands for their county.  Unfortunately Ricey was just born like that.

Thanks Realredbumfan
One last one
Why do 75% of tyrone folk have one ear sticking out at 90 degrees from their heads?
(eg Gerard Cavlan, SeanCavanagh, McCullough, Mulligan etc)
that always puzzled me ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 28, 2007, 11:26:59 AM
Thanks Realredbumfan
One last one
Why do 75% of tyrone folk have one ear sticking out at 90 degrees from their heads?

Maybe take a look in the mirror, since Derry is a direct descendant of Tyrone, a chip off the old block!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 28, 2007, 11:30:46 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 28, 2007, 11:26:59 AM
Thanks Realredbumfan
One last one

Maybe take a look in the mirror, since Derry is a direct descendant of Tyrone, a chip off the old block!  ;)

Jeez no - I'm fecking gorgeous!  :D

No way are we descended from you boyz, There's good reason why St.Colmcille had his house in Derry and did all of his missionry/working with the savages in county Tyrone!
;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 28, 2007, 11:33:19 AM

No way are we descended from you boyz, There's good reason why St.Colmcille had his house in Derry and did all of his missionry/working with the savages in county Tyrone!
;)

That would have been around the time when it was part of Tír Eoghain (along with Inis Eoghain), then we wanted to get shot of you sharpish, and An Doire seemed as good a moniker for the muckers as any!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

goal and a point

Fear ón Srath Bán, what way are strabane shaping up for the new season, last year they had a flier but just failed to get over the final hurdle

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 28, 2007, 11:39:05 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 28, 2007, 11:33:19 AM

;)

That would have been around the time when it was part of Tír Eoghain (along with Inis Eoghain), then we wanted to get shot of you sharpish, and An Doire seemed as good a moniker for the muckers as any!  :D
As least we had the good fortune to be named after a big strong indigenous tree,
rather than a wee fat, work averse mechanic from a soap opera  :D

realredhandfan

Agh springtime on the board brings out all thesleggers