Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Think he's talking about the u-21's that year. Anyway Justy played his good football towards the end of the year as the championship was delayed due to Tyrone's All-Ireland run. Was the U-21 championship not finished up early in 2005? Also Justy was captain in 2006 so obv the management didn't deliberatly leave him out in 2005.

Rocky Mc Guigan

That Omagh lad still having that good a rant he is getting ever so slightly mixed up- what does deciding to 'admit Justy from the squad mean?' Touch of the old Dellboy there. LOL

Tommo2

That U21 management didnt have Cathal McCarron (Dromore) on their team or Marty Swift on their panel in 2007, yet Mickey Harte had both of them on the senior panel in 2008.
Really would question their credentials. Yes, i know they have won a bit, but I feel they should have won considerably more.
Think the Ardboe manager, Mickey Donnelly would be an ideal candidate for either the minor or U21 job.
Havent heard many who speak highly of the current management team

loughshore lad

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 23, 2009, 09:06:54 AM
That U21 management didnt have Cathal McCarron (Dromore) on their team or Marty Swift on their panel in 2007, yet Mickey Harte had both of them on the senior panel in 2008.
Really would question their credentials. Yes, i know they have won a bit, but I feel they should have won considerably more.
Think the Ardboe manager, Mickey Donnelly would be an ideal candidate for either the minor or U21 job.

The Tyrone minor management has been reappointed for 2010, not sure about the U21 management team.

I would think our club would be looking to keep hold of Mickey Donnelly.

Archie Mitchell

Think I read a while back on here that both minor and U-21 management teams were re-appointed for another year.

greeny

Tyrone club championship 2009 - cempetative - yes no dout.

Will any Tyrone club do well in Ulster club championship - i severly doubt it, not good enough!

rrhf

I would love to see Harte having a larger influence on Under 21 proceedings he could win all irelands with some of those teams with his eyes closed. 

glencullrule

I would never say Erriggal had a good forward line. Pet Harte, Ronan McRory and John Kelly pose threats but Dromroes defence hadnt much till do last Saturday. We broke even in midfield but our half back line wasnt good.

I think it will be a Carmen Ardboe final (hoping Carmen beat Dromore  ;))
Ardboe should scrape past Killyclogher but only just. They have solid forward line and Carlin will be tested on McGuigan. In midfield Brian Meenan doesnt have the pace and wont be able to rough og Coleman or McGuigan.

Mark Donnelly could beat Dromore on his own but he hasnt much support up front from his wing men. Loughran and McMenamin will be battle of the round. Carmen are good defencivesely although Ciaran McAleer gets married this weekend and his honeymoon decision is important.

Ardboe to win championship.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: glencullrule on September 23, 2009, 03:17:27 PM
I would never say Erriggal had a good forward line. Pet Harte, Ronan McRory and John Kelly pose threats but Dromroes defence hadnt much till do last Saturday. We broke even in midfield but our half back line wasnt good.

Ardboe should scrape past Killyclogher but only just. They have solid forward line and Carlin will be tested on McGuigan. In midfield Brian Meenan doesnt have the pace and wont be able to rough og Coleman or McGuigan.

Mark Donnelly could beat Dromore on his own but he hasnt much support up front from his wing men. Loughran and McMenamin will be battle of the round. Carmen are good defencivesely although Ciaran McAleer gets married this weekend and his honeymoon decision is important.

Ardboe to win championship.
couldnt see him getting much change out of mccarron to be honest, although he is a good player
i'd say it will be similar to the errigal game, a low scoring physical afair
not much between them
dromore v ardboe final
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

LandErIn

when are the Tyrone semi finals on?  Might take a run over to watch them.

ziggysego

Quote from: LandErIn on September 23, 2009, 04:08:58 PM
when are the Tyrone semi finals on?  Might take a run over to watch them.

Sunday 4th October.
Testing Accessibility

Zapatista

Quote from: glencullrule on September 23, 2009, 03:17:27 PM

Glad to see it's based on hope ;)

tyrone86

Quote from: Tommo2 on September 23, 2009, 09:06:54 AM

Whatever about McCarron and Swift, Niall McGinn and Philly Toner were the form players of the previous year and they didn't get a game either in 07, but that's ancient history. Like I said earlier, I'm not a big fan of the management either but since they're there for another year regardless I won't be willing them to fail just to get shot of them. However, what I find incredible is that for all the criticism of the u21 management not winning enough, the minor management seem to have gotten a free ride regarding the way they fcuked about in selecting the panel in the early part of this year and (perhaps) cost Tyrone an All-Ireland. At least that should be avoided this year - since both management teams have been reappointed early enough you would hope that they'll have their panels finalised (and  best players available) before the 'closed season'

KIDDO 4

Clonoe defeated Omagh1.8,to 0.9, in the  League cup competition  tonight in Greencastle.

KIDDO 4

The Tyrone Hurling Finals will now be played in Greencastle on Sunday

3:30pm Naomh ColumCille v Eir eOg B
5:15pm Eire Og v Eoghan Ruadh